1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 28, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #1,802 of 9,124
after a lot of thinking about money and its value I closed my eyes and ordered the A12. that's what they will look like.

hope they won't be out of sync...
love the design you picked. Brushed aluminium and black shells. Looks great, enjoy!
I'm biased though:D the Banksy gunslinger panda is my emblem and my name on Battlefield 4

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,803 of 9,124
Guys, my A12's will arrive tomorrow.  Can anyone suggest some music/binaural audio that will really put them to the test.  I've heard Michael Jackson's thriller mentioned, I should be able to get it in 24 bit flac.  I have some DSD files downloaded but haven't yet figured out how to play them on my MacBook pro.   I don't have a portable device that can play dsd files yet. 

Any music/binaural audio you can suggest would be great.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,804 of 9,124
How about some music that YOU enjoy, since you will be the one listening to it.  We don't know what kind of music you like.  You could be a Yanni fan for all we know.  Just put in music you like an enjoy it.  I would hate to listen to JPop, no matter how good the quality is.

I suppose you could also check out the music forum.  There are quite a few "best recordings ever" threads

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,805 of 9,124
love the design you picked. Brushed aluminium and black shells. Looks great, enjoy!
I'm biased though:D the Banksy gunslinger panda is my emblem and my name on Battlefield 4

so we have a similar taste in bears i guess :D Banksy is somewhat very hipster already but there are some very cool simple figures. I tried a lot of them. girl with the ballon (too girlie), rat with a ghettoblaster (too ghetto) and rat on a parachute (too... weird).

will be taking impressions on friday. should I send photos of my impressions to get sure everything is fine before sending? I am at one of the 1964 ears "official" audiologists so I assume they will do quality impressions or is it better to play it safe? 

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #1,806 of 9,124
  Guys, my A12's will arrive tomorrow.  Can anyone suggest some music/binaural audio that will really put them to the test.  I've heard Michael Jackson's thriller mentioned, I should be able to get it in 24 bit flac.  I have some DSD files downloaded but haven't yet figured out how to play them on my MacBook pro.   I don't have a portable device that can play dsd files yet. 

Look up Amara, Audionirvana, and Fidelia and maybe browse around computeraudiophile.com forums.  I personally haven't tried playing DSD files because I am not even remotely interested in the format but these 3 programs should all work.   If you're not using them you will find they do a whole lot more that sounds really good.  If you already have them, sorry if I misunderstood your problem,

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #1,807 of 9,124

Binaural: Amber Rubarth - Sessions from the 17th Ward
At Hdtracks.com
BTW, this sounds excellent at 44.1 / 16 bit (which saves you $6 and some disk space)

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,808 of 9,124
  How about some music that YOU enjoy, since you will be the one listening to it.  We don't know what kind of music you like.  You could be a Yanni fan for all we know.  Just put in music you like an enjoy it.  I would hate to listen to JPop, no matter how good the quality is.

I suppose you could also check out the music forum.  There are quite a few "best recordings ever" threads

I've already got hundreds of albums of music I enjoy.  I listen mostly to metal: black, death, thrash, doom, sludge, atmospheric black, brutal death, technical, etc.  With the exception of technical metal, most metal doesn't have tremendous sound quality, even in flac format.  Black metal for example is purposefully designed not to be clear.  That's why I ask.

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,809 of 9,124

I've already got hundreds of albums of music I enjoy.  I listen mostly to metal: black, death, thrash, doom, sludge, atmospheric black, brutal death, technical, etc.  With the exception of technical metal, most metal doesn't have tremendous sound quality, even in flac format.  Black metal for example is purposefully designed not to be clear.  That's why I ask.

My go to's for testing noise floor/sound quality are Motherboard by Daft punk, and the whole self titled album by The XX.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #1,810 of 9,124
I'm truly amazed.  Just got the ADEL A12's.  I've never owned a pair of CIEMs before, I dove into the deepest end of the pool first.  I didn't want to waste money on multiple models over the years and I can say for sure i'll never buy another CIEM as long as these are working, and i'll get em fixed before I buy another pair if they break some day.  Fit seems to be good, very slight discomfort in the left ear but i think that might be me just getting used to having these in my ear(i hope! =P).

I have a few questions about these A12's:

Is the Adel moduel adjustable? seems awfully tight on mine and i'm afraid to crank on it.  Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

My Jriver Media Center 20 won't seem to output anything higher than 96khz.  It is downsampling all my 192khz 24bit to 96khz 24bit, went into DSP studio but there is no option to select 192khz.  Maybe my 2010 Macbook pro isn't capable of it?  It was top of the line at the time in all respects.  I tried VLC and it will play them but I have no way of checking what it is actually outputting, it could be down-converting.

Right now i've only got the MB pro and iphone 5 to listen on. Next year i'll get a DAP.

Very good sound quality 10/10.

I went all clear everything:

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,811 of 9,124
  I'm truly amazed.  Just got the ADEL A12's.  I've never owned a pair of CIEMs before, I dove into the deepest end of the pool first.  I didn't want to waste money on multiple models over the years and I can say for sure i'll never buy another CIEM as long as these are working, and i'll get em fixed before I buy another pair if they break some day.  Fit seems to be good, very slight discomfort in the left ear but i think that might be me just getting used to having these in my ear(i hope! =P).

Is the Adel moduel adjustable? seems awfully tight on mine and i'm afraid to crank on it.  Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

My Jriver Media Center 20 won't seem to output anything higher than 96khz.  It is downsampling all my 192khz 24bit to 96khz 24bit, went into DSP studio but there is no option to select 192khz.  Maybe my 2010 Macbook pro isn't capable of it?  It was top of the line at the time in all respects.  I tried VLC and it will play them but I have no way of checking what it is actually outputting, it could be down-converting.

Right now i've only got the MB pro and iphone 5 to listen on. Next year i'll get a DAP.

The current Adele module is not adjustable. They should (I think, but I'm not sure) be user replaceable in the future. Glad to hear you like them! I have some A6s coming at some point here... As far as output stuff goes, I'm a Windows user, so sorry I can't help more!

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #1,812 of 9,124
  The current Adele module is not adjustable. They should (I think, but I'm not sure) be user replaceable in the future. Glad to hear you like them! I have some A6s coming at some point here... As far as output stuff goes, I'm a Windows user, so sorry I can't help more!

Cool, hope they are user replaceable! =P 

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #1,813 of 9,124

Have you gone into Tools>Audio>DSP and Output Format and made sure the sample rates are all on no change in MC 20?

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,814 of 9,124

Have you gone into Tools>Audio>DSP and Output Format and made sure the sample rates are all on no change in MC 20?

Yea, I put them all on "No Change" and save the settings, but when I play the song again and check the settings, the software will change the settings back to stock settings(i guess)-where it downconverts most of the higher quality to 96khz.  Heres my settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back