1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 31, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,832 of 9,124
  Thank you, I was going back and forth between my skull candies and my A12's, there were sounds that the skull candies didn't even pick up.  I am amazed, I just heard something I've never heard before on my favorite album(it is expertly produced and mastered): Xanthochroid - Blessed He With Boils. Hold on while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
eek.gif

you will need to seriously consider moving on to a dedicated DAP, your jaw will drop a second time!

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #1,833 of 9,124

you will need to seriously consider moving on to a dedicated DAP, your jaw will drop a second time!

Right now I'm listening to a US black metal band called Woman is the Earth, album is Depths.  This style of black metal is excellent for testing instrument separation as is technical death metal.  The wall of sound that this style of black metal produces has become less of an foggy wall of sound-it is clearer now. I can hear clear separation between the instruments.  Sounds like a different song.

Looking forward to the second shock when I get a good dap next year.

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,834 of 9,124
So, the latest update. It's aaaaaaaanotherrrrrrrrr delay for U series backers. Another 4-5weeks due to them having 3rd party issues.

They're offering the U8>U12 upgrade for 250quid (380bucks). But that upgrade offer doesn't seem to be visible on the kickstarter page.

I was expecting a kickstarter to get delay after delay after delay, from what every other kickstarter backer has said elsewhere, and they've not let me down, delay after delay after delay.

I think it's a bit poor that the Ambient backers get a free, massive price and quality upgrade, instead of a product that cost about the same as what they paid, whilst the U series backers get rewarded for 1964ears failures, with, a delay.

Also, I can't for the life of me understand how people are ordering the Adel customs, months and months after the kickstarter started, and are getting them months before I get my U series?!? Surely these new order should go right at the back of the queue until everyone that ordered last year gets sorted out? Again, poor again from 1964ears.

I'm looking forward to eventually getting my U series, when/if they ever turn up, but I don't think I'll use 1964ears again. I'd rather pay a bit extra, get better customer service/comms, and get my product on the date advertised. My own fault I guess, for backing a punt on a kickstarter.

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,835 of 9,124
From the e-mail it appears to me the U10 and U12 are going to be the same as the A10/12. Does anybody know for sure?

Would be pretty sweet to get the universal version of the A12, which is getting rave reviews.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #1,836 of 9,124
Apparently they say it's going to be the same as the a12. this should have been a free / low cost upgrade for the people who ordered the u8. I'm really sad at how they have handled this. *pouts like a little kid* it's just not fair the other people get a 1599 product for 500 and we will have to put 958. I guess I should have ordered the ones that got the free upgrade. Anyone have a time machine.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,837 of 9,124
Apparently they say it's going to be the same as the a12. this should have been a free / low cost upgrade for the people who ordered the u8. I'm really sad at how they have handled this. *pouts like a little kid* it's just not fair the other people get a 1599 product for 500 and we will have to put 958. I guess I should have ordered the ones that got the free upgrade. Anyone have a time machine.

Really mate - spare a thought for 1964Ears here.  My understanding is that the reason that they can't do the Ambients now is because of the Patent claims brought about by JHAudio.  So they're doing a really honourable thing by upgrading the unfortunate KS backers who (through no fault of their own) would have missed out because of the patent action.

In your own case - you are still getting exactly what you originally paid for - and you were happy at the time you paid.  What has changed?

The only one missing out here (added cost) is 1964Ears.

You should be applauding them - not dissing them/bemoaning what they've done IMO.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #1,838 of 9,124

Really mate - spare a thought for 1964Ears here.  My understanding is that the reason that they can't do the Ambients now is because of the Patent claims brought about by JHAudio.  So they're doing a really honourable thing by upgrading the unfortunate KS backers who (through no fault of their own) would have missed out because of the patent action.

In your own case - you are still getting exactly what you originally paid for - and you were happy at the time you paid.  What has changed?

The only one missing out here (added cost) is 1964Ears.

You should be applauding them - not dissing them/bemoaning what they've done IMO.

I agree with you Brooko. Most times a business messes up, they upgrade you (better hotel room/suite, first class upgrade, etc). Westone once gave me a free pair of universals cause they messed up. People should be happy they got what they wanted (and knew were getting a good deal on since the beginning of campaign). Even better, they are now letting people upgrade U-Series to a better IEM at Kickstarter prices. Not even B-List artist get those low prices on endorsements form 1964, so we still got a good deal. We should just be happy with the good deal we got (yeah long wait, but so is the case for just about every kickstarter). Those who don't get what they wanted, get the upgrade. 1964 looses, not us the consumers. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #1,839 of 9,124
The hardest thing for me now is that I am perfectly happy with my selection of U6, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking for about another USD 300 - 500 I could go U10 or U12.  Its really tempting - although I know my wife may not be exactly happy ......

For now though - I'm happy to wait for the U6. Form what I've read so far - it should be spectacular.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #1,840 of 9,124
It's not an easy choice for me. If I upgrade from the U8 to the U12, I'm also going to be hit with import tax (Australia). Just the upgrade cost itself will be higher than the U8...

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #1,841 of 9,124
It's tempting to upgrade. Those prices won't come around again. I'm also debating, but gotta a find a way to convince my wife. For her spending $100+ on headphones is ridiculous and I recently got another pier of IEMs. Being on these message boards is disastrous for my wallet. You people tease too much with these IEMS, its so hard to say no. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #1,843 of 9,124
It's tempting to upgrade. Those prices won't come around again. I'm also debating, but gotta a find a way to convince my wife. For her spending $100+ on headphones is ridiculous and I recently got another pier of IEMs. Being on these message boards is disastrous for my wallet. You people tease too much with these IEMS, its so hard to say no. 

For me, it is another $580 SGD for the upgrade to U12. But still, it is very tempting

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #1,844 of 9,124
They better charge an extra $1000 if the U12 backers decides to reshell to customs to an A12...

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,845 of 9,124
I guess no one will ever be happy.  I guess I just see it as a fairness issue.  I wouldn't have had a problem if they upgraded them to the u8 which was the natural choice.  But when they choose such a high price point to upgrade people too it really bothered me.  I felt the natural thing would be to charge people a small upgrade fee rather than one at a giant price point (almost twice what they paid).  If it was even 200 bucks I wouldn't have a problem, it's just 400 is almost twice the cost that we paid for something they get a free upgrade too.

I'm not normally one to jump on the bandwagon with getting upset.  I just feel a little cheated is all.  I'm sure you can understand that at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back