1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #1,097 of 9,124
Jason Stoddard of Schiit Audio explains why they will never crowd source a project in his blog.  From the manufacturers point of view it rushes them and stiffles creativity.  He basically says he wants to be able to drop a product, change directions on a product, table it, and delete or add features and he can't do that on a deadline.  He also says it keeps you up at night worrying about the fact you have somebody's money and are behind in getting a product to them.  Their policy is not to take money until the product is shipping.  I take from this that manufacturers do care about delays and it was probably a good thing for Vitaly to be in the cue waiting for his A12s.  I'm sure 1964ears and Asus don't want delays and you can't plan around them.  But you can almost expect something to delay you even if it's late shipment of the shipping boxes.

The take-home lesson for the developers on this project is that we live in a "now"world where everyone is connected and expecting instant updates.  Clearly the more time Vitaly and Steve spend messaging us the more it takes away from their focus.  Vitality described himself as introverted yesterday.  Fair enough but I hope they learn that when you're going to be late you just say so and you admit you don't know how long it will be before you remove the roadblock or it will be X weeks or whatever.  The important thing is say something and to be transparent, let your customers know you care about it and you're trying your best. You need to reassure them of this every few days. 

That's my take on it, you can't rush solutions but you can smooth ruffled feathers.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,099 of 9,124
I think that even though they are not that good at answering the questions on Kickstarter, they do reply very quick through email.
I emailed Steven and got his reply along with a reply from 1964 ears.
Still waiting for my U4s, hopefully we get to see the A series reviews soon.

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #1,100 of 9,124
I think that even though they are not that good at answering the questions on Kickstarter, they do reply very quick through email.

Vitaliy I found to be very good at answering questions - Stephen on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to answer any question without mentioning pneumatic pressures and audio reflex XD 
'Hey Stephen, how's your pizza?'
'Well, I joined with 1964 ears because they're the best, and pneumatic pressures have been a problem since I toured with Stevie Wonder...'

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,101 of 9,124
  Vitaliy I found to be very good at answering questions - Stephen on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to answer any question without mentioning pneumatic pressures and audio reflex XD 
'Hey Stephen, how's your pizza?'
'Well, I joined with 1964 ears because they're the best, and pneumatic pressures have been a problem since I toured with Stevie Wonder...'

What, nuthin' about anchovies?
blink.gif

Jokin' aside, I'm glad to see Vitaliy has communicated a little, here in the thread.

I personally wouldn't put too much significance on the 'production stages' read-outs being a strictly linear representation of progress - my guess is that as soon as they truly finalise, and get comfortable with installing/tuning, the revised ADEL modules, we will probably witness an avalanche of CIEMs being completed in a relatively short space of time.

Although I'm not a kickstarter backer, I truly, honestly, am more interested in seeing what customers say about the A12 than I have been in any other CIEM, for quite some time. I like to see some divergent thinking in the CIEM marketplace, rather than a slew of 'me-too' products, and 1964 Ears have my attention at the moment.

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,102 of 9,124

I was number 143 but I don't think very many A12s were ahead of me--maybe 10 or so.  What number were you?  Maybe some others will add some dates (#s).  Looks like they are still working on the first few from the first day.

I really like the fact that we are getting a manual and a self-adjusting system.  They made it sound like we could shape our own profile on the webinar today.  

Shouldn't be too long now.

I was #135 and funded Feb. 6th.  Like you, I don't think there where very many A12's ahead of me.  I was hoping my simplicity of having no faceplate or designs would push them out the door earlier but my guess is that they are getting them all ready and when the remodded part comes in from the manufacturer they will be shipping a lot of them out within a short time period.  It would seem that that they would be able to complete the construction of all the A12's w/out the ADEL tuner, right?  I was under the impression that the specific piece was plug and play.

I have some long flights in March so I'm hoping that they arrive shortly!

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,103 of 9,124
My recollection is that there were only about 10 or 11 ahead of me when I signed up at #143 so we should be in the first batches to come out.  I hope I'm not mistaken about that.

I had been shopping for CIEMs for a couple of months after using Shure SE530s for years and had decided on 1964Ears V6.  Quite by accident I logged on Head-Fi a few days before the Kickstarter went live and read about it--I hadn't even heard of the ADEL business before then.  So I took the plunge on faith but that means instead of buying CIEMs in November we are closing out February and I'm still waiting for my first pair.  As you can imagine I am eagerly awaiting the A12s.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,104 of 9,124
I'm at step 8 now. Hoping it'll be shipped before the weekend, but at the same time praying mine will be a finalised design with no revision considering mine will be one of the earliest out..

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1,106 of 9,124
From 11/2 to 26/2.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,108 of 9,124
I have been at step 4 for 9 days.  How long did it take you to get from 4 to 8?

If they are building them the design is finalized.

The driver placement, tube length, crossovers, tubing and tuning would be set... Even if they be gain building yours prior to the new adel module it would have 0 affect on the build. Enjouly getting the real soon! :)

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,109 of 9,124

I never got the last update and still waiting for response to my emails:frowning2:(
Seriously fed up now..
Module , 3d blah blah, only sound matters and i wanna hear it:grinning::smiling_imp:

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,110 of 9,124
Love how people took the piss out of me for getting worked up between a decision based on already existing headphones, but apparently it's OK for quite a few people here to incessantly complain that their iems are taking longer than expected from a kickstarter... 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back