1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 27, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,111 of 9,124
  Love how people took the piss out of me for getting worked up between a decision based on already existing headphones, but apparently it's OK for quite a few people here to incessantly complain that their iems are taking longer than expected from a kickstarter... 
blink.gif

I wasn't one of those people, but here... permit me to buy you a pint
beerchug.gif

Relax, take the weight off your feet, and don't take any of it too personally - folks are just gettin' a bit antsy about the delays, and when people get antsy, they bicker a bit...

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,112 of 9,124
Lol 1964 and EarWerkz are the fastest - on time as promised Kickstarter campaigns I've ever backed. And that is a big achievement in itself :)

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,113 of 9,124
To be clear, I'm not complaining, in fact I want the developers to take all the time they need to get it right.  I'm just trying to figure out how long it will take.  I think other posters are doing the same while they wait.  And posting here gives us something to do while we wait.  I suspect we all knew this could take a lot longer than February.

The complaints are more directed at communication or lack thereof.  The webinar was a step in the right direction which really helped.  

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #1,114 of 9,124
Love how people took the piss out of me for getting worked up between a decision based on already existing headphones, but apparently it's OK for quite a few people here to incessantly complain that their iems are taking longer than expected from a kickstarter... :blink:

If it makes you feel better, i actually found those posts/exchanges entertaining. :popcorn:

Were you able to finally choose and get it already?

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,115 of 9,124
  Love how people took the piss out of me for getting worked up between a decision based on already existing headphones, but apparently it's OK for quite a few people here to incessantly complain that their iems are taking longer than expected from a kickstarter... 
blink.gif

all in good fun ... but your posts frequency and intensity alone were "more" than all these complaints now LOL or at least that is how you came across (on multiple threads)

Yeah I personally just pick up the phone or write an email , I would rather call someone in the know than just post my worries here (regarding the kickstarter thing)

"I do understand why you asked all the questions you did ":wink: other owners ARE the perfect people to ask ... better than the manufacturers!

When do your customs arrive??? :)

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,116 of 9,124
Its good to know the guys at 1964 follow our thread,
I got a response and the reason was not really there fault entirely, so even if a bit on the slow side i have to say Vitaliy is on it and im sure they will deliver a great quality and support to their products when the campaign has slowed down a bit and they restore normal production rates.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,117 of 9,124
It's fun to share information about progress of our order.   It gives us something to do.   If someone wasn't excited about, and really looking forward to,  receiving an A12 for which they paid $1200 then they probably shouldn't have backed it.

I don't think 1964Ears has been slow at all, it's amazing that they came close to meeting their stated goal of February delivery on the A12 and A10.  As was noted earlier in the thread, most Kickstarter projects like this one fall way behind, some don't ever make it.  There are all sorts of things that happen when you're developing and manufacturing a product that are just beyond a company's control.  I just would have liked to hear more about how the process was going; sort of liking a little hand holding.  I still don't know what the holdup is in manufacturing.  I assume all the units that are moving thru the construction process while be piling up at the problem step.  That's another reason for sharing our experiences.  Hopefully one of the first builds will tell soon that their unit arrived today.

I was encouraged to wake up this morning and find that my A12s have moved from step 4 trimming to Step 5 shells poured.  That sounds like progress.  I have to applaud 1964Ears for letting us track the building of our order.

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #1,118 of 9,124
Might I also add that during this whole period they continued to serve the 'V'-Series market admirably as well. It's probably getting old but I will say one more time, I got my "expedited' V6S order in one week (mid Jan. timeframe) just as promised. Showing that the company is taking care of all of its customers - ADELs or not.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #1,121 of 9,124
Yes, but both the SE5 Ult and A12 are relatively new, with few in the hands of consumers, so give us some time... :)

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #1,125 of 9,124
I backed on the first day and was about #11 or #12 for A12s.  My shells were poured on the 27th and have gone nowhere since then.  So I don't think they are following the order of backing at all.

There could be a very good reason.  I don't know how their manufacturing works but I assume they make up batches of plastic in each color to pour.  At least I can't imagine doing a plastic mix for each order.  It would make sense to pour all the blacks, then the blues, then the reds etc.  This is complicated by the combinations of color that are possible.  

So maybe they honor the date of backing or the order of backing as best they can but I suspect that production is done in batches that fit logically together.

I'm much more relaxed about it now.  I have never e-mailed them because it could slow them down.  I want all of Vitaliy's elves in the shop making CIEMs.  When they get here, they get here.  I plan to love them for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back