1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 6, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #991 of 9,124
Thanks for your impressions miandnan,

a question about the ambient port, how does it influence the bass quantity, when discussing bass, did you listen at the optimum, in, (max bass) position,
would you generally discribe the bass as enough for contemporary bass electronic kind, or is it more like linear, quality, but less slam type?
Many thanks for your input and time:gs1000smile:

As I mentioned in my first impression post it had the auto Adel module, no adjustments ... I do not know how much more bass you can get with the manual modules. If you fully closed the manual modules and shut Adel off there would definetly be more slam.

The A12 is not tuned to be a bass heavy monster like the V8 or 8.A but really holds its own ... From the limited time I had I would say yes enough, but would take some adjustment time coming from something like the V8 which has a much smaller soundstage and explosive bass. The 8.A which have a big soundstage less explosion but digs real deep and thick is actually closer I think due to the soundstage.

Regarding linear I said in my last post "Not neutral as in tuning I.e. not as in "leaner more detailed aka less bass" but with Adel and the large stoundstage it sounds or rather feels how it should and that is Adel!" I would say linear and leaner have a similar meaning in this case.

Some of that slam in say the V8 is tuning and some of the feeling of that slam is due to the closed in pressure, you do not feel that pressure and thus it is not a slam being shoved in your ear, but naturally going into your ear and to the rest of the virtual room.

If you are wanting the most slam possible then the eventual A8 or U8 would be tuned more towards that.

I would personally call the V6S bass lacking and thin, I far prefer my 8.A's and 6.A's to them... The 8.A's are sweet and force a smile on my face even when at the 1964 office that happened ... The only other IEM there which did that to me was the A12 and though the A12 was not as explosive I felt going back and forth that the explosive feeling missing a little was also the pressure wave which was making the bass feel less natural.

Understand the 8.A have so much detail down low but that detail seems off after hearing the same details on the A12, the difference is in adel.

Guess all I can say if you are a true bass head wait for the bassist A series, A8 ... A12 due to tuning which includes the sound stage will likely not give as intamate experience with the bass.

Though I would take the A12 over and A8 just from hearing the V8 anyway :)

There will be some room to raise and lower the adel tech with manual module, the one I used is set to a predetermined and non adjustable level. I am guessing that module on the one I used was set more closed than Joker had his manual modules set as I felt as he did between the 8.A and A12 other than I found A12's bass to me more than he reported... Likely due to differences in the moduals setting (perhaps even relative to our ear canals total volume of air) maybe.

Again mobile typos might be present

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #992 of 9,124
As I mentioned in my first impression post it had the auto Adel module, no adjustments ... I do not know how much more bass you can get with the manual modules. If you fully closed the manual modules and shut Adel off there would definetly be more slam.

The A12 is not tuned to be a bass heavy monster like the V8 or 8.A but really holds its own ... From the limited time I had I would say yes enough, but would take some adjustment time coming from something like the V8 which has a much smaller soundstage and explosive bass. The 8.A which have a big soundstage less explosion but digs real deep and thick is actually closer I think due to the soundstage.

Regarding linear I said in my last post "Not neutral as in tuning I.e. not as in "leaner more detailed aka less bass" but with Adel and the large stoundstage it sounds or rather feels how it should and that is Adel!" I would say linear and leaner have a similar meaning in this case.

Some of that slam in say the V8 is tuning and some of the feeling of that slam is due to the closed in pressure, you do not feel that pressure and thus it is not a slam being shoved in your ear, but naturally going into your ear and to the rest of the virtual room.

If you are wanting the most slam possible then the eventual A8 or U8 would be tuned more towards that.

I would personally call the V6S bass lacking and thin, I far prefer my 8.A's and 6.A's to them... The 8.A's are sweet and force a smile on my face even when at the 1964 office that happened ... The only other IEM there which did that to me was the A12 and though the A12 was not as explosive I felt going back and forth that the explosive feeling missing a little was also the pressure wave which was making the bass feel less natural.

Understand the 8.A have so much detail down low but that detail seems off after hearing the same details on the A12, the difference is in adel.

Guess all I can say if you are a true bass head wait for the bassist A series, A8 ... A12 due to tuning which includes the sound stage will likely not give as intamate experience with the bass.

Though I would take the A12 over and A8 just from hearing the V8 anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

There will be some room to raise and lower the adel tech with manual module, the one I used is set to a predetermined and non adjustable level. I am guessing that module on the one I used was set more closed than Joker had his manual modules set as I felt as he did between the 8.A and A12 other than I found A12's bass to me more than he reported... Likely due to differences in the moduals setting (perhaps even relative to our ear canals total volume of air) maybe.

Again mobile typos might be present

Much apprerciated and sorry making you repeat yourself, but you know the itch and couriosity during waiting
redface.gif

Your description makes me think i'll really like the A12, am not a bass head, but hate it lacking, the sweetness you talk about is what matters to me, so
gs1000.gif
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #993 of 9,124
Much apprerciated and sorry making you repeat yourself, but you know the itch and couriosity during waiting:xf_eek:
Your description makes me think i'll really like the A12, am not a bass head, but hate it lacking, the sweetness you talk about is what matters to me, so :gs1000smile: :beerchug:

Then I think you will LOVE THEM!
Happy I could help!

Are you a kick starter backer?

:)

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #994 of 9,124
Then I think you will LOVE THEM!
Happy I could help!

Are you a kick starter backer?

smily_headphones1.gif

yes, the order is being processed, hope to get them soon, so nice to hear sound impressions finally,
cheers
L3000.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #995 of 9,124
@miandnan

I really appreciate your impressions of the A12 !

I currently own JH 13 FP and really love the natural, open, airy sound of it as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Im looking for an upgrade that has a little of more warmth and natural sound but still does not lack the bass and that oomph to create the warmth and surround sounding stage.

Do you think A12 will be an upgrade for me from 13 FP? ^^

Also, i haven't got a reply from 1964 yet about the possible release date but do you have any idea when it'll be by any chance?

Thank you !!  

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #996 of 9,124
@miandnan

I really appreciate your impressions of the A12 !

I currently own JH 13 FP and really love the natural, open, airy sound of it as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Im looking for an upgrade that has a little of more warmth and natural sound but still does not lack the bass and that oomph to create the warmth and surround sounding stage.

Do you think A12 will be an upgrade for me from 13 FP? ^^

Also, i haven't got a reply from 1964 yet about the possible release date but do you have any idea when it'll be by any chance?

Thank you !!  

I have not listened to the 13fp but there is some direct comparison in Jokers quick review/preview http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/

From what I have heard on the A12 and V6S comparing that to Joker on the A12, V6S and 13FP there is a good chance they will work for you.

As far as release of the A12 in general sale, as soon as they can LOL. But I am not sure when that will be :)

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #997 of 9,124
I have not listened to the 13fp but there is some direct comparison in Jokers quick review/preview http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/

From what I have heard on the A12 and V6S comparing that to Joker on the A12, V6S and 13FP there is a good chance they will work for you.

As far as release of the A12 in general sale, as soon as they can LOL. But I am not sure when that will be
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the link ~ 
I've read it before and i wanted it another impression from a person who had a chance to listen to the a12 ^^
But from how you described the sound of A12, I think it'll be perfect for me 
The neutral?/warm sound with openness and air but still not lacking that oomph and bass

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #998 of 9,124
Thanks for the link ~ 

I've read it before and i wanted it another impression from a person who had a chance to listen to the a12 ^^

The neutral?/warm sound with openness and air but still not lacking that oomph and bass

If you can wait till end of month I'll have another jh13 vs A12 impression for you.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #1,000 of 9,124
Thanks for the link ~ 

Answered you here... http://www.head-fi.org/t/746271/1964-adel-a10-a12-new-flagship-discussion-impressions-thread/30#post_11298213

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,001 of 9,124
Just checked out 1964 website and the A12, A10 and A6 are now available for purchase for non kickstarter supporters. It looks like they added the A6 series which from comparing the chart appears to be a version of the original V6 and not the V6 Stage. Wonder why they went that way and why they wouldn't have added an Adel version of the V8.  

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #1,002 of 9,124
  Just checked out 1964 website and the A12, A10 and A6 are now available for purchase for non kickstarter supporters. It looks like they added the A6 series which from comparing the chart appears to be a version of the original V6 and not the V6 Stage. Wonder why they went that way and why they wouldn't have added an Adel version of the V8.  

I am not seeing that on their site

maybe they were testing it out or was put up by mistake for a second or few minutes?

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #1,004 of 9,124
I believe it was only up for a few minutes. I checked again under the designer section and it still there, but when I opened a different browser, it only had the old versions. I guess the cookies on my browser saved that specific page, because when I go back to it, even after refreshing it, it still has the Adel models and lets me customize them. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #1,005 of 9,124
  I believe it was only up for a few minutes. I checked again under the designer section and it still there, but when I opened a different browser, it only had the old versions. I guess the cookies on my browser saved that specific page, because when I go back to it, even after refreshing it, it still has the Adel models and lets me customize them. 

Where??? I may be interested in the V6 (non-stage), given that it's about to go OOS soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back