1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 4, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #963 of 9,124
Spent some time with A12 this afternoon, you guys are all gonna like yours
wink.gif

Details! How? Where? When? WHAT DID IT SOUND LIKE??

Pictures get you bonus points.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #964 of 9,124
Details! How? Where? When? WHAT DID IT SOUND LIKE??

Last 3 hours, portland with my wife ... our lovely hand modal today.

Went back and forth between it and the V8 and my lovely 8.A, wife also compared to her V6s. I had the 6.A with me as well bit had to much fun talking with those great guys to compare more ...

Well sound is fantastic. Was not boom like V8 and not as warm as the 8.A but bass was so much more natural than both. There was no feeling of being smothered with the bass thanks to ADEL, CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR... similar Soundstage size to the 8.A but more open sounding, wife also thinks A12 is bigger Soundstage than 8.A.

She gets some issues from IEM'S causing her ears to tighten these did not do that... sort of like the best of an open back HP mixed with the best of an iem.

Worth it at 2K? YES

Ano 1964 ears are the most passionate and professional and nice guys and girls around!

No time for the tour today, next time I hope :wink:

Hows, that? Bonus worthy?

k2Ates get you bonus points.

Mobile now sorry for poor formating.

BTW was with new auto adel module.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #965 of 9,124
Mobile now sorry for poor formating.

BTW was with new auto adel module.

Awesome!!! So anyone in Portland can just go in and demo them now?

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #967 of 9,124
They happen to have a set there today, I have no idea if they'll be there tomorrow. It was just good awesome luck!

So did you go for them?? I love that you had the 8A for comparison, btw. Those are no slouches in the soundstage department. I also worried about the A12 being too bassy so having the 8A's bass as a benchmark is great.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #970 of 9,124
Awesome!!! So anyone in Portland can just go in and demo them now?

So did you go for them?? I love that you had the 8A for comparison, btw. Those are no slouches in the soundstage department. I also worried about the A12 being too bassy so having the 8A's bass as a benchmark is great.

we both got the A12 on Kickstarter.
well if you like the 8.A the A12 are not as stifling or heavy with the bass, 8.A is still the king of sweetness LOL. Felt like similar to more weight and fullness than the V6S, no I do feel more full.

The V8 by comparison has explosive bass but the 8.A and A12 bass were both more agreeable, the 8.A

8.A is sweet and the A12 is really natural and effortless with the bass.

Yes for Soundstage the V8 were a letdown, went back to the 8.A and smiled then to A12 and kept smiling , it had that head stage and dare I say sweetness. My wife felt the 8.A had a Soundstage large and oval to her sides and A12 to her was all enveloping expanding all around her.

I will to a much better listening between the 2 when I get the A12 in hand at home.

Ate na8.A"nmatheis" url="/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/960#post_11291104"]What is this auto ADEL module you speak of? Hmm???[/quote]
The last kickstarter update mentioned this or email one of the 2, it is standard in our A12 and I would imagine A10, gives a sweet spot to start locked in Adel on but ambient port not open too much, we still will get the adjustable module, those are in the email, but I added a little extra, beyond that I will let them describe how it does its job when they are ready :)

On that note I would imagine that I noticed more bass than JOKER, as he had his ADEL ports self adjusted in the middle somewhere and mine were the auto, likely retaining more bass.

@jelt2359 - So how did they compare to the V6S?

Thanks!

Awesome post by the way.

V6S and A12 both clear, head stage FAR bigger and better on A12, natural feeling no pressure. Different class of headphone I think. For my wife head stage was huge difference and some singing and high notes on her V6S cause her eaRS to seize up in discomfort, NONE of that with the A12, dare I say ADEL at work.

I would think of the A12 sound sign to be closer to the V6S than different compared to the V6 or V8. Again when we get the A12's in hand we can compare more. She mostly noticed how much more comfortable hee ears felt with the A12's.

Oh and it can take a little while or a few bask and forth to really start to appreciate the A12 with adel, not having that sealed in feeling and more open and effortless sound can take a bit for your brain to make sense of :wink:

Just finished driving back to Seattle, on Mobile sure there are typos :)

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #971 of 9,124
we both got the A12 on Kickstarter.
well if you like the 8.A the A12 are not as stifling or heavy with the bass, 8.A is still the king of sweetness LOL. Felt like similar to more weight and fullness than the V6S, no I do feel more full.

The V8 by comparison has explosive bass but the 8.A and A12 bass were both more agreeable, the 8.A

8.A is sweet and the A12 is really natural and effortless with the bass.

Yes for Soundstage the V8 were a letdown, went back to the 8.A and smiled then to A12 and kept smiling , it had that head stage and dare I say sweetness. My wife felt the 8.A had a Soundstage large and oval to her sides and A12 to her was all enveloping expanding all around her.

I will to a much better listening between the 2 when I get the A12 in hand at home.

Ate na8.A"nmatheis" url="/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/960#post_11291104"]What is this auto ADEL module you speak of? Hmm???
The last kickstarter update mentioned this or email one of the 2, it is standard in our A12 and I would imagine A10, gives a sweet spot to start locked in Adel on but ambient port not open too much, we still will get the adjustable module, those are in the email, but I added a little extra, beyond that I will let them describe how it does its job when they are ready
smily_headphones1.gif

On that note I would imagine that I noticed more bass than JOKER, as he had his ADEL ports self adjusted in the middle somewhere and mine were the auto, likely retaining more bass.
V6S and A12 both clear, head stage FAR bigger and better on A12, natural feeling no pressure. Different class of headphone I think. For my wife head stage was huge difference and some singing and high notes on her V6S cause her eaRS to seize up in discomfort, NONE of that with the A12, dare I say ADEL at work.

I would think of the A12 sound sign to be closer to the V6S than different compared to the V6 or V8. Again when we get the A12's in hand we can compare more. She mostly noticed how much more comfortable hee ears felt with the A12's.

Oh and it can take a little while or a few bask and forth to really start to appreciate the A12 with adel, not having that sealed in feeling and more open and effortless sound can take a bit for your brain to make sense of
wink.gif

Just finished driving back to Seattle, on Mobile sure there are typos
smily_headphones1.gif
[/quote]

Have you tried the A10 as well?

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #972 of 9,124
Have you tried the A10 as well?

The only A series they had in hand was the A12. I was hoping to try them all, but was very happy to try the one I would have likely preferred all day long lol.

And my wife's hands are small, that demo version really is small, wow 12 drivears are magically fit in there,Timelord tech perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back