1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 25, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #8,431 of 9,124

FIIO doesn't test or listen to the same IEM's as I do so how in the world could they show any data on this?  Obviously you don't understand how a balanced circuit works.  Channel separation (no common ground) and more current (+ & - Voltage swing) plays a large part in the way the balanced amp drives the load.
Super Ears
ksc75smile.gif

They test the output under load.  They also publish their data.  I'll believe yours when I see it.  And perhaps you'd like to venture over to Sound Science and you can talk with some engineers about how balanced works, and also how it affects the sound using your IEMs.  You can also post measurements showing the sonic differences. I may not understand it fully - but I've had plenty of discussions with both EE's and also professional studio engineers - so I'd be really interested to see how your data stacks up against what I've been told so far.

All I can personally do is relate my own experiences backed by my own measurements and also the data which FiiO publishes.  I look forward to seeing your data.  Let me know if you want me to create a thread in SS.  I'll look forward to seeing your numbers ......

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #8,432 of 9,124

They test the output under load.  They also publish their data.  I'll believe yours when I see it.  And perhaps you'd like to venture over to Sound Science and you can talk with some engineers about how balanced works, and also how it affects the sound using your IEMs.  You can also post measurements showing the sonic differences. I may not understand it fully - but I've had plenty of discussions with both EE's and also professional studio engineers - so I'd be really interested to see how your data stacks up against what I've been told so far.

All I can personally do is relate my own experiences backed by my own measurements and also the data which FiiO publishes.  I look forward to seeing your data.  Let me know if you want me to create a thread in SS.  I'll look forward to seeing your numbers ......

Dude... first of all Chill Out!

Quote: 
"They test the output under load".

I would hope so.  however put it in real world conditions.  Hook up the real load!

I don't ever remember working for you so why should I do anything you request?

Just because I post about an actual experience I have, you go APE $.  Excuse me but who do you think you are?

If you knew me you wouldn't act like you are and make stupid statements like you did.

Super Ears
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #8,433 of 9,124
I hate you bro. You made me lose money because of your post lolz. I will order that cable with 4.4mm. I don't think i can wait one more month to get 4.4mm cable to use with my sony.
Btw any recommendations for ear tips? I don't like foam cus it get wax stick on it easily.

lol. sorry. Just passing on my findings. The Ref8 is also a delight because it's so thin and weightless. But those 8 conductors have a magic effect on the U12, and I think you'll love it.

Tips are a very personal thing. What one person finds best is not always shared by the next. That said, for my ears, I use JVC Spiral Dots on all my IEMs. It just fits right for me.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #8,434 of 9,124
lol. sorry. Just passing on my findings. The Ref8 is also a delight because it's so thin and weightless. But those 8 conductors have a magic effect on the U12, and I think you'll love it.

Tips are a very personal thing. What one person finds best is not always shared by the next. That said, for my ears, I use JVC Spiral Dots on all my IEMs. It just fits right for me.

Actually i wanted to buy it long time ago. I did order it and spinfit. I will try u12 with spiral dot tonight.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #8,435 of 9,124

I hate you bro. You made me lose money because of your post lolz. I will order that cable with 4.4mm. I don't think i can wait one more month to get 4.4mm cable to use with my sony.
Btw any recommendations for ear tips? I don't like foam cus it get wax stick on it easily.

I agree. Spiral Dots bring out the true sound of an IEM. Spinfits changes it into a fun sound.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #8,436 of 9,124
Final also make a good eartips, it works very well with my U12. It was free during CanJam and I have been using it since then. Another favorite of mine is Spinfit Twinblade, hands down best double-flange I have tried so far.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #8,438 of 9,124

Quote: 

I would hope so.  however put it in real world conditions.  Hook up the real load!

Just because I post about an actual experience I have, you go APE $.  Excuse me but who do you think you are?

If you knew me you wouldn't act like you are and make stupid statements like you did.

Super Ears:ksc75smile:

If we know you:joy:, we dont and you sound quite condescending. Maybe you'd like to change your tone

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #8,439 of 9,124

Quote: 

Super Ears:ksc75smile:

He's Brooko, well respected reviewer, objectivist and all around solid guy. He's built his reputation around these parts and his points and questions are requiring you to put your money where your mouth is (so to speak). He's called you out, are you going to yell back and avoid his call or prove yourself to this community?

BTW, who are you???

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #8,440 of 9,124
Chill out guys. He wants to make subjective claims - nothing wrong with that- it's what makes up most of this site.

Ag this point I've politely asked for more info. If he doesn't want to give it - then he doesn't. I can then choose to give his opinions about the same respect he's shown me so far. No issue as far as I'm concerned.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #8,443 of 9,124
How you guys can use spiral dot ? Mine like this :joy:

Use spacers.

I snip thin pieces off the stems of unwanted tips and use those pieces to stop the Spiral Dots from going too far down the nozzle.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #8,444 of 9,124
The a12 is so much cooler than U12s though. Custom is the way to go. The fit i got is insane and comfy and won't break the seal no matter what I do.

I'm in this thread because I was in awe of the ADEL Audio64 IEMs I heard at RMAF 2015, I made it to CanJam NYC 2017 but unfortunately missed out on hearing the new APEX models because CanJams are for me like a kid in a candy store with free samples!

I have to ask, though, about your CIEM experience, because I had hoped for the same. I got a pair of Silicone CIEMs because I read they were softer and the most comfortable, I bit down on a less than 1" foam piece during my impressions session and tried holding still, but I break my seal with almost anything I do and it kinda hurts quickly if I have my mouth closed with my teeth together. I brought those CIEMs with me to CanJam RMAF, and putting the universal 1964 Audio (they have a new name now) UIEMs with foam tips was actually a comfort relief for me! How did you get your impressions done, and do you have any suggestions?

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #8,445 of 9,124
Where to buy spinfit twinblade ?

Where are you located? I can get a pair in Jakarta here, at 10 USD. In Singapore through here (expensive).

I use the Final Audio tips I got from their booth during CanJam. And they're really good. No sliding, the nozzle area is solid and made out of different harder silicone material than the tip area. The tip is flexible like Spinfit, but able to sit perfectly on the ear (not too tight, nor loose). They really should consider selling instead of giving them away at the booth :)
-
@Evshrug now their name is 64 Audio. I got stickers from them in my room, to remind me. Maybe reading this post about CIEM impression would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back