1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 24, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #8,401 of 9,124
What module are you currently using?

M15 now, I have B1, S1 and M20. It feels like I discovered my IEM again with M15, subtle improvement but loved it!

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #8,402 of 9,124
M15 now, I have B1, S1 and M20. It feels like I discovered my IEM again with M15, subtle improvement but loved it!

I agree  I love the M15!

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #8,403 of 9,124
Upgraded my shipping to Saturday delivery. So i can enjoy my u12 this weekend. Just wonder that the stock cable is good enough ? Im still waiting for my cable building from plussound, maybe 3 more weeks. Any cheap cable is better than stock one ?

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #8,405 of 9,124
I beg to differ though, the stock cable is cheaply made and can break rather easily, but sound-wise I prefer it than any other cable. It is also quite thin compared to most other aftermarket cable, so more comfortable to wear for me.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #8,406 of 9,124
Mar 25, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #8,407 of 9,124
Upgraded my shipping to Saturday delivery. So i can enjoy my u12 this weekend. Just wonder that the stock cable is good enough ? Im still waiting for my cable building from plussound, maybe 3 more weeks. Any cheap cable is better than stock one ?

You will be fine with the stock cable. It is a bit fragile but sound wise you will be fine.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #8,408 of 9,124

I didn't notice a lot of improvement changing from the stock cable until I went balanced.  I had the new stronger black stock cable.  I built a silver litz balanced cable which did add more space around the instruments.  It's good to listen to the stock cable so when you get your replacement you can hear the changes.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #8,409 of 9,124
I didn't notice a lot of improvement changing from the stock cable until I went balanced.  I had the new stronger black stock cable.  I built a silver litz balanced cable which did add more space around the instruments.  It's good to listen to the stock cable so when you get your replacement you can hear the changes.

Before i ordered the u12, i have 2 cables on the way. One is from plussound, and one shipped back to effect audio for re-termination. Both are 4.4mm trrrs. Maybe i will buy a cheap cable but better than stock one to enjoy the u12.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #8,410 of 9,124

Before i ordered the u12, i have 2 cables on the way. One is from plussound, and one shipped back to effect audio for re-termination. Both are 4.4mm trrrs. Maybe i will buy a cheap cable but better than stock one to enjoy the u12.

What's the material?
IMO Pure silver litz works best with U12.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #8,411 of 9,124

I agree..I was saying until the other cables come he would be fine. I have many after market cables, with another on the way(see below- RSD Golden mk3). I prefer the U12 balanced with a silver litz cable. After the brain adjustment to the U12 if you switch back to the stock cable I think you would be surprised at the lack of difference between the cable especially with the SE termination and output.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #8,414 of 9,124
I was testing out the Reference 8 from ALO. It had a very positive effect on my U12. Being simple copper, I didn't expect much, but the result pleased the hell out of me. It's a better pairing than even the X6 T-Metal by plusSound.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #8,415 of 9,124
I was testing out the Reference 8 from ALO. It had a very positive effect on my U12. Being simple copper, I didn't expect much, but the result pleased the hell out of me. It's a better pairing than even the X6 T-Metal by plusSound.

Yeah, absolutely agree!  Ken's Ref8 cable is great, got 2pin balanced version as well, need to test more.  Btw, it has 8 conductors, 4 SPC and 4 PC so it's a blend of silver plated and pure copper.

Regarding balanced terminated cable (just a general comment), there is no magic of sound improvement just by changing to TRRS vs TRS termination.  Cable material aside, the sound improvement comes from a source and its head-amp architecture.  I hear more improvement in sound and soundstage with DX200 and Opus#2 (going between BAL and SE) vs AK120ii and X5iii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back