1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 26, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #8,446 of 9,124
Use spacers.

I snip thin pieces off the stems of unwanted tips and use those pieces to stop the Spiral Dots from going too far down the nozzle.

If you use Large no problem but anything smaller, for the U12, you would have to use spacers.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #8,447 of 9,124
Use spacers.

I snip thin pieces off the stems of unwanted tips and use those pieces to stop the Spiral Dots from going too far down the nozzle.

Where can i get spacers ?
Where are you located? I can get a pair in Jakarta here, at 10 USD. In Singapore through here (expensive).

I live in the US.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #8,449 of 9,124
Where can i get spacers ?
I live in the US.

You make the spacer from old ear tips you don't use. Cut pieces from the nozzles off the old eartips. Slide them onto the nozzle of your U12 first then slide the Spiral Dot on the nozzle.

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #8,451 of 9,124
Updated my review to mention the fact that the OPUS #2 has really made these sublime. I was using a DAP with a darker sound signature for the review.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-u12-universal-in-ear-monitor/reviews/17865

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #8,452 of 9,124
Chill out guys. He wants to make subjective claims - nothing wrong with that- it's what makes up most of this site.

Ag this point I've politely asked for more info. If he doesn't want to give it - then he doesn't. I can then choose to give his opinions about the same respect he's shown me so far. No issue as far as I'm concerned.

The difference is he is using his subjective "experience" to trump other people's experiences. That doesn't have any place in any respectful discussion.

Anyway, I won't try and defend your honor anymore, your on your own:laughing:

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #8,453 of 9,124
How you guys can use spiral dot ? Mine like this :joy:

I use 2.5mm thickness O-rings to lift tips up. the nozzle is made for suitable with Foam tips. If you want to  use silicone tips, you have to add a little bit height to them. In my case, I use Ortofon tips instead of Spiral dot.

I bought Industrial-grade O-rings via a local shop. There are various diameter and thickness to match with. It looks nicer than DIY's.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #8,454 of 9,124

This is the large JVC Spiral Dot tip.  No need for spacers with this and as you can see the opening is not obstructed.  It is one of the few tips which do not constrict the opening.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #8,455 of 9,124

This is the large JVC Spiral Dot tip.  No need for spacers with this and as you can see the opening is not obstructed.  It is one of the few tips which do not constrict the opening.

Yes, but your way blocks the inside "dots", and that is what is alleged to improve the sound for these tips.  They almost worked on my U12's, however, even using spacers they would be left in my ear sometimes.  I had to have custom tips made for my U12s.  I had too many tips stuck in my ears.  The u12 is the only iem I've owned that I ever had such problem.  I think the stem is too long and with no little bump to hold the tips on the stem

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #8,456 of 9,124

Yes, but your way blocks the inside "dots", and that is what is alleged to improve the sound for these tips.  They almost worked on my U12's, however, even using spacers they would be left in my ear sometimes.  I had to have custom tips made for my U12s.  I had too many tips stuck in my ears.  The u12 is the only iem I've owned that I ever had such problem.  I think the stem is too long and with no little bump to hold the tips on the stem

Ok but if I am only using the tip to seal do I need dots....of course not.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #8,457 of 9,124
Yep sound is better with large spiral dots with spacers. If you are using spiral dots, always use spacers. No matter what size

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #8,458 of 9,124
That is why I guess how you use tips is a personal thing 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #8,459 of 9,124
I use 2.5mm thickness O-rings to lift tips up. the nozzle is made for suitable with Foam tips. If you want to  use silicone tips, you have to add a little bit height to them. In my case, I use Ortofon tips instead of Spiral dot.

I bought Industrial-grade O-rings via a local shop. There are various diameter and thickness to match with. It looks nicer than DIY's.

Is that the one you use to reduce noise from mechanical keyboard ? If yes i will take some off from my keyboard lolz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back