1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 28, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #7,471 of 9,124
Hey, just wanted to jump in here and state 64 Audio's policy on ADEL repair/replacement. 

If your ADEL A-Series or U-Series model breaks or fails and requires a new shell or replacement unit, we will build an ADEL compatible version if requested. That way you can continue to use the ADEL modules you already own with the replacement unit.

A quick note: in the case of the U-Series, we don't keep the ADEL sized models in stock so it will be built as needed which will take a bit longer than an Apex replacement model.

The one exception, which I believe impacts the person Canyon Runner heard from, has to do with free models provided to reviewers. If their model needs to replaced, then we don't replace it with an ADEL version since that technology isn't offered by 64 Audio anymore. 

I hope this makes sense and I'll clarify anything if not. Thanks for your attention!

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Dec 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #7,472 of 9,124
Well that worked 
wink_face.gif

You guys are covered for future repairs!

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #7,473 of 9,124
If only I could send my U12 in and, for a fee, have it made into the A12.

Luckily, I am having far less fit issues with my U12 than I've had with any other IEM. These are certainly the universals to be stuck with.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #7,474 of 9,124
Thanks for the clarification.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #7,475 of 9,124
I have spent a few of hours of listening to the U12. I switched to the B1 module and the RSD Silver Litz cable. I am using the large Spiral Dot tips.

I am trying to allow the brain burn in to happen. I am not so sure yet about the sound and placement of the frequencies. It is not a bad sound but it is different. Usually takes me a solid day or day and a half to adjust. Look forward to more listening time after work.

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #7,476 of 9,124
Yes, it took me a couple of days for the recessed treble to sound normal. Now I love it. The treble, while lower in the mix, is still well-extended, and once your brain adjusts, the presentation becomes quite airy.

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #7,477 of 9,124
Nice, thanks for clarifying the ADEL repair/replacement policy. :)

I'd wish you guys can build an ADEL compatible A-series in case I want to up my U12 to A12, but I guess that is too much to ask for.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #7,478 of 9,124
Earlier today I was listening to my Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ears, but I just had to switch back to the the U12. They sound so much better.

That's a mighty achievement for an IEM. :D

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #7,479 of 9,124
A few weeks with my U3. Still in love. It's perfect in any way I can think of or could want. Fit, listening comfort, sound balance and quality. Excellent craftmanship and engineering, so pleased. Thanks to anyone who were a part of creating them.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #7,481 of 9,124
damn just heard about the latest flagship thats gonna cost 3500 USD 

hot damn! iems cost as much as top end headphones now. anyone tried it yet?

Yes in fact here's my review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-1964-ears-tia-fourte/reviews/17705

It's very costly, no one can deny that. But it sounds glorious, and I don't think anyone who has the chance to hear it will deny that. Whether you like it or not, I can't say, you could take a look at my review and hopefully it helps, but what it does well, boy it's pretty amazing. I'm not one for hype, and I'm usually quite skeptical of highly priced earphones, (the higher priced they are the more skeptical I am) but these just blew me away from the first listen.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #7,482 of 9,124

Yes in fact here's my review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-1964-ears-tia-fourte/reviews/17705

It's very costly, no one can deny that. But it sounds glorious, and I don't think anyone who has the chance to hear it will deny that. Whether you like it or not, I can't say, you could take a look at my review and hopefully it helps, but what it does well, boy it's pretty amazing. I'm not one for hype, and I'm usually quite skeptical of highly priced earphones, (the higher priced they are the more skeptical I am) but these just blew me away from the first listen.

Since you're here, any chance for a comparison with other C/IEMs? No point gushing over how good it is when the biggest elephant in the room has yet to be addressed: its price. How does it compare with other TOTLs? Is it better or is it simply different? Luxury item or legitimate addition to the pantheon of summit-fi gear?

At any case it seems like your criticism of the Fourte seems to line up with this person that I briefly talked with, particularly in the "slightly aggressive nature to the sound" and how it can get "a little too lively and forward sounding". Disregarding that, being a hybrid advocate I can't wait to hear it myself.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #7,483 of 9,124

Since you're here, any chance for a comparison with other C/IEMs? No point gushing over how good it is when the biggest elephant in the room has yet to be addressed: its price. How does it compare with other TOTLs? Is it better or is it simply different? Luxury item or legitimate addition to the pantheon of summit-fi gear?

At any case it seems like your criticism of the Fourte seems to line up with this person that I briefly talked with, particularly in the "slightly aggressive nature to the sound" and how it can get "a little too lively and forward sounding". Disregarding that, being a hybrid advocate I can't wait to hear it myself.

I think, as I have titled my review, that it is the king of the hill, without question. I do not think it is simply different, I think it is better than the competition, period. The soundstage is immense, open, and proportionate. The separation and layering is top notch, imaging is remarkably precise and realistic with am incredible sense of physicality to the image, and it resolves ridiculously well. And the bass, boy does it hit and extend. Those of you familiar with the Vega, I think the Fourte hits harder. That's quite something. Yes, lot's of superlatives I know, that was on purpose.

Here's the thing, I'm really struggling to point out flaws with the Fourte, as you probably would have noticed. To clarify, I do not think that it is aggressive or lively beyond an accurate presentation. It's just that a lot of people I've spoken to enjoy that really relaxed, laid back presentation, with that sensation of being able to kick back in a lounge chair with a nice drink and just melting away into nothingness. That's a coloured presentation. Think TG334 or the Final Audio Lab 1. The Fourte won't do that, if its supposed to hit, it will hit hard. What I am trying to do, however, is to acknowledge that no matter how good a product is, it will not be for everyone. That's the main point.

To be completely honest, to my ears, there's just nothing I would change. Yes sometime in the future when a better product comes along and I'm exposed to better sound, or perhaps when I've heard really top of the line speaker setups, I might start to say, perhaps this or that aspect could be better (I'm sure we've all experienced that), but as of now, I have no complaints.

Hope it answers your queries.

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #7,484 of 9,124
What IEMs have you heard or owned? We'll need a frame of reference.

The Fourte is going up against the likes of the 8.2, Zeus/Arthur, Roxanne, Samba, Aether, K10E, SE5U, W900, NT6Pro, Andromeda, Vega etc. just to name a few. The claim of "king of the hill" is a large one.

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #7,485 of 9,124
What IEMs have you heard or owned? We'll need a frame of reference.

The Fourte is going up against the likes of the 8.2, Zeus/Arthur, Roxanne, Samba, Aether, K10E, SE5U, W900, NT6Pro, Andromeda, Vega etc. just to name a few. The claim of "king of the hill" is a large one.

I've heard all of them quite extensively except for the AAW, the NT6, and the spiral ears. The zeus and arthur, I've heard the universal demos (which the ship owner claims to be a far cry from the custom version, apparently this is acknowledged by EE themselves). For what it's worth though, neither the Zeus or the Arthur universal demo, nor the Zeus custom version from someone which i managed to get a seal with, impressed me. Somehow, I just don't hear the magic with the Zeus. I'll chalk it up to what the seller says for now, until I've had the chance to hear the new ADEL demo. I know a lot of people got pretty upset with my comments about the zeus in the APEX thread, but I'm really just reporting what I hear. I know quite a few guys who likewise aren't too impressed by it, but again, I will reserve further comments until I have tried the newer demo sets, just to be fair to Empire Ears. That said, It really does puzzle me that EE would release demos that sound so vastly different from the customs, but it is really not my place to criticise them.

I am not a big fan of the Roxanne. But to give an idea of what I hear, the bass is tigger and hits harder than the vegas, the soundstage is to me bigger and more precise in imaging a and layering than the andromeda. I have the K10E as well and while the K10E is an extremely musical and wonderful sounding earphone it's really not on the same level of technicalities. I think the K10E had a remarkable quality of bass for a BA, but still it's not on the same level. The 8.2 sounded much more closed in to my ears, with a less even upper end response and much less dynamic bass response.

The KSE1500 is perhaps the one earphone I've heard that beats it in terms of pure transparency and resolution, but tonally I find the KSE to be too bright and splashy on too. The bass impact is also significantly less powerful than the Fourte's.

One of my Favourite earphones is the Dita brass which I see you've measured. I'm a huge, huge fan of the ditas. Yet the brass does require quite an effort in pairing and isn't the most versatile of earphones but off the mojo, I thought the Fourte again bested it in every way possible. And trust me I really, really love how the brass sounds off the mojo.

Let me know if there are specific comparisons you are hoping for and I will do my best to answer them.

And yes happy new year! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back