1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 15, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #7,081 of 9,124
Lol - I was searching as well - came back and you'd beaten me by 10 minutes.  Your searching skills obviously much better than mine :)

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #7,082 of 9,124
I've had the U10 for about a week now. The fears I had of the bass being inadequate were unfounded. Bass and mids are very nice and linear. I have the Adel S1 and MAM also the Apex M20. I only used the S1 briefly before switching to the M20. I don't hear much difference. The highs on both are too recessed but maybe less so on the M20. I have had to EQ boost the highs to make it more fitting for me on my FiiO X5ii.

On the whole i am happy with them. They don't sound 2x or 3x better than my Dunu DN-2000 but they are more comfortable and the pressure relief from the Adel/Apex module is very noticeable improvement and the reason I bought them.

Side note - I have a 100 ohm adapter that I use on airplane entertainment systems. It is fine for that application but changed the sound too much otherwise for DAP use.

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #7,083 of 9,124
  Lol - I was searching as well - came back and you'd beaten me by 10 minutes.  Your searching skills obviously much better than mine :)

:) You get the credit for pushing me for a reference. When I wrote it I knew I should, but got l-a-z-y....thanks pal.

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #7,084 of 9,124
FYI: I am very much enjoying a newly acquired pair of U4s with the B1 module. The are a bit bass oriented (not as much as U8 imo), but mainly they are just gorgeously organic and natural sounding. Really enjoying them actually. I found the U8 to be lacking a little in the upper mids, but these don't at all. Really wondering what the u6 sound like now...

Once I got over the whole impedance mismatch thing in my own head, I have come to realize that 64 audio iems are actually very special and wonderfully tuned in the iem world. Very enjoyable monitors (the U5 as well).

For me, no impedance adapter wanted on the u4. Very open and organic sound, with a little bit of extra thump down below (just a little bit, not as much as you would think).

Oct 15, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #7,085 of 9,124
FYI: I am very much enjoying a newly acquired pair of U4s with the B1 module. The are a bit bass oriented (not as much as U8 imo), but mainly they are just gorgeously organic and natural sounding. Really enjoying them actually. I found the U8 to be lacking a little in the upper mids, but these don't at all. Really wondering what the u6 sound like now...

Once I got over the whole impedance mismatch thing in my own head, I have come to realize that 64 audio iems are actually very special and wonderfully tuned in the iem world. Very enjoyable monitors (the U5 as well).

For me, no impedance adapter wanted on the u4. Very open and organic sound, with a little bit of extra thump down below (just a little bit, not as much as you would think).

Now you must try the U12. Not mine! It is precious to me. :L3000:

The U12 is so amazingly balanced with the B1 Module. The bass is emphasized, certainly, but masterfully placed in the mix. The treble is the underplayed prince of the tuning. It's so smooth and extends forever.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #7,086 of 9,124

I will probably receive my U10 today and I will test them with my impedance adapter. FWIW, my U3 had sounded better using impedance adapter on the Mojo.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #7,087 of 9,124
I sure wish the information about the design of the current line-up being done with 20 ohms source output z was known back when I originally bought the U10. Sure would have liked to play with varying impedances for a more neutral signature. But instead I resold them because it was much too bassy from both my iPhone and other daps/amps.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #7,088 of 9,124
I've had the U10 for about a week now. The fears I had of the bass being inadequate were unfounded. Bass and mids are very nice and linear. I have the Adel S1 and MAM also the Apex M20. I only used the S1 briefly before switching to the M20. I don't hear much difference. The highs on both are too recessed but maybe less so on the M20. I have had to EQ boost the highs to make it more fitting for me on my FiiO X5ii.

On the whole i am happy with them. They don't sound 2x or 3x better than my Dunu DN-2000 but they are more comfortable and the pressure relief from the Adel/Apex module is very noticeable improvement and the reason I bought them.

Could you share more comparisons with DUNU DN-2000 (and, if possible, 2000J too)? I am looking for an upgrade from 2000J and don't want to do it unless the upgrade is significant enough for the dough I am going to invest in.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #7,089 of 9,124
  Could you share more comparisons with DUNU DN-2000 (and, if possible, 2000J too)? I am looking for an upgrade from 2000J and don't want to do it unless the upgrade is significant enough for the dough I am going to invest in.

DN2000 is somewhat similar - but will depend on module you use and whether you also use an impedance adaptor.

With B1, G1 or M20:

With same filters but 75 ohm adaptor included

As you can see bass somewhat similar - 2000 is comparatively bassier and a little more U shaped.  U10 is more balanced.  DN2000J is a lot brighter.

Neither of the Dunus can compete on sound stage IMO - it is one of the real strengths of the U10 - very open sounding with the B1 filter. 

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #7,090 of 9,124

The DN-2000J is too bright and losses a little bit of bass compared to the DN-2000 but I only tried the J for a few minutes. I have had the DN-2000 for two years. They have the perfect balance for me but lose on comfort and in ear pressure compared to the U10. They are both very natural sounding IEM. The DN-2000 might have a bit more treble sparkle.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #7,091 of 9,124
do you know if 64audio makes upgrades possible, like A6 to A10 or A12?

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #7,092 of 9,124
do you know if 64audio makes upgrades possible, like A6 to A10 or A12?

I am not sure if that's possible since more drivers addition tend to mean a bigger shell and possibly a re-fit altogether as well as retune of existing drivers of the previous model.

Unless they're willing to go through it all at a rather hefty price for labor charge.

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #7,095 of 9,124
It's amazing how much the Adel/Apex technology has spoiled me... while I'm waiting for my A10 (ugh seems like forever) I decided to try the first CIEM I ever bought (JH)... in hopes of passing the longs days and weeks... I haven't been able to use them for more than 10 minutes without the discomfort of the pneumatic pressure...
:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back