1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #7,067 of 9,124
I had a nozzle break off too. 64 told me to send it in and they will see if it is under warranty. Only had then a few months.

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #7,068 of 9,124

It was my fault that I left it out, but damn does still hurt like.....

Now I got to send it in to see how much a reshell is

Ouch! what happened? please share so we all can learn from this less.  Some one stepped on it?

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #7,069 of 9,124
I feel the A6 lack of high compared to my oriolus. Do you find it normal? Could it be due to the FAW hybrid cooper cable?

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #7,070 of 9,124
I feel the A6 lack of high compared to my oriolus. Do you find it normal? Could it be due to the FAW hybrid cooper cable?

I believe a good characterization of the whole 64Audio line is a recessed high-end. You don't get the same shine or "sparkle" as with some other IEMs. Which appeals to me. My U12 has superb, well-extended treble, but it is the least prominent frequency range in the mix.

What this does is help create the most smooth and relaxed sound I've ever heard in Can or IEM.

If the highs were rolled off, as in lacking those top frequencies, I would be displeased. But that's not the case. They've merely taken back a step on the soundstage. This can take a little getting used to. It's worth it. The final result is a sound I've fallen desperately in love with.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #7,071 of 9,124
I see what you describe. I listened lately a lot to the oriolus and switching to the A6 gave me this feeling. It may also depend on the module used.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #7,072 of 9,124
I see what you describe. I listened lately a lot to the oriolus and switching to the A6 gave me this feeling. It may also depend on the module used.

The Module can lesson or increase this effect, depending on which you install, but even with the B1 the treble is a little recessed. At least it is on my U12.

Apparently an Impedance Adapter can make a difference. I haven't tried this myself, since I adore how these sound as they are now.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #7,073 of 9,124
Impedance adaptors can make a pretty nice change - lowering the bass, and lifting bother upper mid-range and lower treble.  Judging by the comments from 64Audio, this is how they were meant to sound in the first place (ie they were tuned with an up to 20 ohm source output impedance in mind)

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #7,075 of 9,124
  I thought it was for the A12 the impedence adaptor.

They tune all of their Adel range out of higher impedance sources (ie stage equipment).  Made a positive difference to both my U6 and also the U10 I am reviewing at the moment.

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #7,076 of 9,124
They tune all of their Adel range out of higher impedance sources (ie stage equipment).  Made a positive difference to both my U6 and also the U10 I am reviewing at the moment.

Pretty sure they confirmed earlier in the thread that u10 was not tuned for higher impedance sources. It will make a difference Becuase of impedance curves, but the u10 should sound as intended through low z sources.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #7,077 of 9,124
Pretty sure they confirmed earlier in the thread that u10 was not tuned for higher impedance sources. It will make a difference Becuase of impedance curves, but the u10 should sound as intended through low z sources.

Can you reference this?  I may have missed the post, and can't find through searching.  To me anyway, the U10 sounds much better with an impedance bump.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #7,078 of 9,124
Can you reference this?  I may have missed the post, and can't find through searching.  To me anyway, the U10 sounds much better with an impedance bump.

Yes, I have been trying to look. I will keep looking, it's a long thread.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #7,080 of 9,124
Mike

This might be the one you were referring to.  Anyone with the U10 should try an impedance adaptor if you have one though - for me personally the change is positive.

Quote:
@moshen

The 12's were designed for the stage musicians, singers, and performers. The shure and sennheiser wired and wirless bodypacks, as well as other gear such as mixers, have higher output impedances.

The 10's are actually designed with the audiophile in mind. The 10's with the s1 module actually sound closer to what the 12's sound like with the b1 module.
The U4SE was designed completely for the audiophile as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back