1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 1, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #6,301 of 9,124
IMO the six vent holes and the sliding basket make MAM sound different and while it can get close to B1/S1/G1, i do not believe it can replicate them exactly-especially G1.

Thanks! Which do you think is better, spending for B1 and G1 or just MAM?

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #6,303 of 9,124
Thanks! Which do you think is better, spending for B1 and G1 or just MAM?

Man this is such a hard decision, I really cant say what's best for yo on this. If you like to set and forget, get B1 and G1, if you are a tinkerer get MAM. If getting MAM means you can't get B1 & G1 then I'd say get B1 & G1.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #6,305 of 9,124
  Just gone for a U10 with the B1 module. Is it worth stumping up for the MAM as well?

With the B1, you have the advantage of insert it and forget it. And it really does a good job by itself. But if you are some one who like to tinker and play around, MAM would be a better option.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #6,306 of 9,124

Don't jump into module upgrade right away.  Spend some time to get used to it, maybe try different eartips.  By playing with a seal you can reduce low end impact.  Figure out what you like and don't like about the stock config and then decide how/what you want to improve.

@Canyon Runner : wonder if Black Friday Sale or Back to School sale of ADEL modules might be a good idea?
biggrin.gif

Already in the works

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #6,307 of 9,124
IMO yes, consider if you're someone who likes to tinker around with adjustments or set and forget type person.

With the B1, you have the advantage of insert it and forget it. And it really does a good job by itself. But if you are some one who like to tinker and play around, MAM would be a better option.

I am partial to a bit of a tinker. Sounds like a MAM is on the cards in the future then.

Already in the works

Lovely!

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #6,308 of 9,124
Is there any point in A12 owners buying a high output impedance DAC/source if we already have the B1, or will there be a noticeable difference with a high output source?

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #6,309 of 9,124
Man this is such a hard decision, I really cant say what's best for yo on this. If you like to set and forget, get B1 and G1, if you are a tinkerer get MAM. If getting MAM means you can't get B1 & G1 then I'd say get B1 & G1.

Ideally I wanted to get em all, but man, that is $430 for all of em. I think $200ish is reasonable, so I'm considering either MAM or both B1 and G1. Hmm... difficult decision. Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll think of it when I get my hands on it and decide which way to go. :)

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #6,310 of 9,124

I am partial to a bit of a tinker. Sounds like a MAM is on the cards in the future then.

Regardless of whether you will purchase a MAM or not, if the IEM you are purchasing comes with the B1 module by default, all I can say is, you will be more than happy.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #6,311 of 9,124
After a couple of weeks owning a U3, now I have ordered U10 with the B1 module. Crazy...

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #6,312 of 9,124
Is there any point in A12 owners buying a high output impedance DAC/source if we already have the B1, or will there be a noticeable difference with a high output source?

Might just be better off getting a DAP that can do EQ.  When using a Cowon I eq treble up by 2db and bass down 1and this takes away some of the murkiness.  However when listening to DSD it can't be EQ'ed and the sound is still dark and unlistenable .  I've invested hundreds in DSD downloads that are unusable in portable mode !

This is very disappointing finding out our portable headphones are best suited for non portable devices  
confused.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #6,313 of 9,124
  Just gone for a U10 with the B1 module. Is it worth stumping up for the MAM as well?

I own the A10. They came with the S1 then I bought the B1 and it was a nice improvement in the sound being more open and detailed without sacrificing much at the bass region IMO then I bought the MAM. What I can tell you is that the B1 are back in my A10.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Sep 1, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #6,314 of 9,124
What's a high output impedance source in the ~$500 price range that competes well with Mojo in overall sound quality?

I can only think of one  - the original AK100, not the MK-II. The original had a 22 Ohm output impedance I believe. However, it's no longer made and a lot of folks modded theirs to lower impedance so it may be hard to find one. If you do find one on eBay or classified, they sell for under $400.

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #6,315 of 9,124

Why the B1 with the U10 instead of the S1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back