1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 24, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #6,166 of 9,124
Thx for the information. What if this U4-SE compare to the U6? Interesting....

I'm now using U3, if I'd like to ungrade, what will u recommend?

From the descriptions the U4-SE is described as a fairly balanced and neutral sounding IEM very much like the U5 is described. I would be interested to hear from 64audio how these two compare as they are both priced the same on the summer sale.

The U6 should be a much fuller sound with deeper bass than either above based on the descriptions and eq profiles on the 64audio site. In fact the sound profile should be similar to the U3s while the two above should sound more balanced with less bass and more treble.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #6,167 of 9,124
Can I ask for recommendation, if choosing only one module, g1 or b1, for U12 is better choice. I like bass quantity nearest to v6s

Thanks

My understanding is the s1 has the most bass and isolation. The g1 has a little less of both and the b1 the least of each. And while I never heard the v6, I would think the s1 might be the closest. That said people seem to think the b1 really opens up the u12's and lets them really shine.

Fwiw I have u3's and u6's both with s1's. I have b1's on the way. I'm also really intrigued by the u4se's now. Although I really like the lows I have now.

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #6,168 of 9,124
Can I ask for recommendation, if choosing only one module, g1 or b1, for U12 is better choice. I like bass quantity nearest to v6s

Thanks

I would recommend the MAM as it's adjustable. Close them for more isolation and bass (when commuting for example) and open them up for less. Otherwise you'll be wondering if whichever module you didn't get would have been better for you. 

I am selling my U10, otherwise I would keep mine - they add a versatility to the IEMs that you can change on the fly.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #6,169 of 9,124
Just a few months away from Headfi and lost track of the thread, discovering the ADEL/APEX thing.
Sorted through the thread with a search, from what I read my "old" U12 will be compatible with APEX ?

I meant to get the MAM module but it was not yet available when I looked up and now it seems to be exclusively sold by Asius, with no mention of which gear is compatible I guess it's safe to assume it works with the older U12 ?

Thanks !

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #6,170 of 9,124
Just a few months away from Headfi and lost track of the thread, discovering the ADEL/APEX thing.
Sorted through the thread with a search, from what I read my "old" U12 will be compatible with APEX ?

I meant to get the MAM module but it was not yet available when I looked up and now it seems to be exclusively sold by Asius, with no mention of which gear is compatible I guess it's safe to assume it works with the older U12 ?

Thanks !

Older u12 definitely works with Adel and also with apex. So you should be fine.

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #6,171 of 9,124
Older u12 definitely works with Adel and also with apex. So you should be fine.

Just need to figure out if the MAM module on Asius is the right one for the U12 now...

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #6,172 of 9,124

Just need to figure out if the MAM module on Asius is the right one for the U12 now...

It is. So far 64 ears is the only company that had made in-ears that utilized the Asius modules. If you're worried you can email Asius before ordering them. They've been very prompt to reply to my inquiries.

And if I were a betting man any future modules Asius may come up with will probably work. I think they have "spec'd" their "standard" for these modules. The other good news is any new modules 64 audio come up with should also be compatible.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #6,173 of 9,124

I would recommend the MAM as it's adjustable. Close them for more isolation and bass (when commuting for example) and open them up for less. Otherwise you'll be wondering if whichever module you didn't get would have been better for you. 

I am selling my U10, otherwise I would keep mine - they add a versatility to the IEMs that you can change on the fly.

I am lazy to manually adjust it left and right so I will be fine with auto one.

I want more recommendations from others as well. Thanks in advance ^^

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #6,174 of 9,124
  I am lazy to manually adjust it left and right so I will be fine with auto one.

I want more recommendations from others as well. Thanks in advance ^^

While MAM may lose out slightly on isolation, but I still think it's a must have (for it's flexibility). After tuning to the preferred sound ... there's no need to really fiddle with it (no different from B1 or G1 fixed modules).

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #6,175 of 9,124
It is. So far 64 ears is the only company that had made in-ears that utilized the Asius modules. If you're worried you can email Asius before ordering them. They've been very prompt to reply to my inquiries.

And if I were a betting man any future modules Asius may come up with will probably work. I think they have "spec'd" their "standard" for these modules. The other good news is any new modules 64 audio come up with should also be compatible.

Thanks, great news, been waiting on MAM for a long time !

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #6,176 of 9,124

Thanks

OK, as a former owner the V6-Stage (made universal) and a current owner of both the A12 (made universal) and the U6, maybe I can help some.

As far as modules are concerned I have the MAM, S1 and B1 (no G1 at this point).

First off I pulled out the notes I wrote up comparing the V6-Stage and U6, then I listened to the U6 without modules - just my fingers over the module port (which seems very much like the V6-Stage). Having refreshed my memory as best possible I then cycled between the moduleless (is that a word?) U6 and the A12 with the different modules multiple times.

Since you specifically mentioned bass I picked a couple of well recorded tracks with that in mind. The first is a track by my favorite indy/pop/folk girl band that has a closely mic'ed kick drum, and Daft Punks Loose Yourself to Dance.

A couple of points before my thoughts on the modules.

1) This was quite a bit harder than I expected. While both are clearly related, there are enough differences to make direct comparison difficult. Looking forward to the start of the football season I'll liken the U6 to the younger brother who is an All-State high school running back. He is highly regarded and a very capable player of the game. And then we have the A12, who is his big brother and also a running back. Though in this case he's a nationally ranked player at the college level. He is bigger, stronger and more powerful than his younger sibling. Stronger, and yet faster, more agile and quicker to react - in all respects he is a more complete player. So while the bass of the V6-Stage is quite accomplished, the A12's bass is stronger, more detailed, and faster (yet with a more natural decay). This degree of difference holds true for the mids & highs as well. I repect the V6-Stage/U6 for it's cohesive, coherent and lifelike presentation. Same for the A12, just to a greater degree - overall a more complete player. Thus, regardless of the modules used, the A12 bass doesn't directly compare to that of the V6-Stage/U6.

2) If you are a fan of the V6-Stage I suspect you'll be quite happy with the A12!

Back to your question. To my ears the bass of the B1 is closer in nature to the V6-Stage/U6 than the S1.

That said, the MAM is my favorite, as the most accomplished of the three. So my suggestion would be to get the B1 to start - with the realization the MAM is well worth buying down the road.

-Eric

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #6,177 of 9,124
OK, as a former owner the V6-Stage (made universal) and a current owner of both the A12 (made universal) and the U6, maybe I can help some.

As far as modules are concerned I have the MAM, S1 and B1 (no G1 at this point).

First off I pulled out the notes I wrote up comparing the V6-Stage and U6, then I listened to the U6 without modules - just my fingers over the module port (which seems very much like the V6-Stage). Having refreshed my memory as best possible I then cycled between the moduleless (is that a word?) U6 and the A12 with the different modules multiple times.

Since you specifically mentioned bass I picked a couple of well recorded tracks with that in mind. The first is a track by my favorite indy/pop/folk girl band that has a closely mic'ed kick drum, and Daft Punks Loose Yourself to Dance.

A couple of points before my thoughts on the modules.

1) This was quite a bit harder than I expected. While both are clearly related, there are enough differences to make direct comparison difficult. Looking forward to the start of the football season I'll liken the U6 to the younger brother who is an All-State high school running back. He is highly regarded and a very capable player of the game. And then we have the A12, who is his big brother and also a running back. Though in this case he's a nationally ranked player at the college level. He is bigger, stronger and more powerful than his younger sibling. Stronger, and yet faster, more agile and quicker to react - in all respects he is a more complete player. So while the bass of the V6-Stage is quite accomplished, the A12's bass is stronger, more detailed, and faster (yet with a more natural decay). This degree of difference holds true for the mids & highs as well. I repect the V6-Stage/U6 for it's cohesive, coherent and lifelike presentation. Same for the A12, just to a greater degree - overall a more complete player. Thus, regardless of the modules used, the A12 bass doesn't directly compare to that of the V6-Stage/U6.

2) If you are a fan of the V6-Stage I suspect you'll be quite happy with the A12!

Back to your question. To my ears the bass of the B1 is closer in nature to the V6-Stage/U6 than the S1.

That said, the MAM is my favorite, as the most accomplished of the three. So my suggestion would be to get the B1 to start - with the realization the MAM is well worth buying down the road.

-Eric

Thanks for impressive answer.

Wow, everyone cheer up for MAM...$200 hmm, well I might need to buy this then.

Farewell my salary though.

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #6,179 of 9,124

From what I gather any new iem's ordered from 64 will only work with Apex modules and not ADEL modules, if you want to use both modules you'll need to get a used universal in the for sale section or maybe 64 will exhaust their current ADEL supply first. Either way, call to be sure

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #6,180 of 9,124
From what I gather any new iem's ordered from 64 will only work with Apex modules and not ADEL modules, if you want to use both modules you'll need to get a used universal in the for sale section or maybe 64 will exhaust their current ADEL supply first. Either way, call to be sure

Yes that is true. Sorry if my post was misleading. He was talking about his "older" u12's. My point was that, unless/until the design "spec" changes, older 64 ears iem's that initially had Adel modules should be compatible with any module 64 audio or Asius comes up with. Where as any "newer" 64 audio iem will only be compatible with their apex line of modules. And you don't have to buy used. At least not yet. They are clearancing out the Adel remaining universal models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back