1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 22, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #6,136 of 9,124
  G1 is rated as -10db isolation on the Asius Tech shop website. So is B1.

https://asius.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/adel-g1-auto-modules

I'll talk to our web guy about that tomorrow during our Monday meeting, I think G1s provide more isolation than the B1s to my ears anyways. But hey, it's best for people to assume less and be happy with more than the other way around.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #6,138 of 9,124
I'll talk to our web guy about that tomorrow during our Monday meeting, I think G1s provide more isolation than the B1s to my ears anyways. But hey, it's best for people to assume less and be happy with more than the other way around.

Can confirm-at least from my subjective experience-from mowing the grass and hearing in the office,. G1 seems to have more isolation.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #6,139 of 9,124
I've read many posted here about A6 and A12. Many guys think A6 is better. Why it's better? Have any body can review or point out this?

I don't remember anyone saying A6 is better overall, maybe a better value. In other words, they may be saying A6 is 90% of the experince of an A12.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #6,141 of 9,124
I've read many posted here about A6 and A12. Many guys think A6 is better. Why it's better? Have any body can review or point out this?

I don't think it's so much that it's better, I would say that Ike's point is probably the most spot-on overall. A few points that people usually bring up regarding the 6 vs 12 debate (other than the price) is many people feel that the 6 is less picky about the source than the 12. Which is a super important detail that I think gets over looked. If you're only coming out of a Fiio or a decent sounding phone, you'll probably think the the 6 sounds just as good, if not even better than the 12s. But once you plug into a more high end source (Chord products are my go-to), then the 12 edges out the 6 pretty easily. 

From what I recall, when both 6 & 12 are using the same S1 modules, I think the 6 was less veiled. I really like the 6, especially in that sector of the market. I listen to most IEMs that all the companies bring to meets/shows, I wouldn't say that EVERYBODY would think the 6 is best but when you ask people what they're considering in that price range, the 6 tends to be 1 of 2 models. (maybe an Empire or Noble is the other model being considered)

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #6,142 of 9,124
I just ordered the A6, first set of CIEMs, not sure what to expect yet but I will def share my experience when they arrive. Do these require the normal burn in time?

You will probably get a variety of answers regarding burn-in, specially with regards to ba drivers. I think you will be able to enjoy them from the start. I would burn them in by listening to them :D

Congrats on your purchase!

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #6,144 of 9,124
@Canyon Runner
I'm looking into the G1 modules but is there a way to send them cheaper to The Netherlands?
For now I'm looking at $40 shipping on a pair of $129 tiny modules.
Maybe it's possible to send them with my Drum pre-order but that would depend how long it will take for the Drum to be released. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #6,145 of 9,124
  @Canyon Runner
I'm looking into the G1 modules but is there a way to send them cheaper to The Netherlands?
For now I'm looking at $40 shipping on a pair of $129 tiny modules.
Maybe it's possible to send them with my Drum pre-order but that would depend how long it will take for the Drum to be released. 

Wow that's a huge shipping bump for something so small, I totally feel you. Drums would at least make the shipping cost worth it, but I don't have an ETA on it right now. We're at version 35 right now. Starting to talk to machine shops for production runs and such. So if you wait, it'll probably still be a little bit. Really your call.

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #6,146 of 9,124
  Thanks! I am coming from the Westone UM Pro 50, it will be interesting to see the different between the customs and universal IEMs

I would cancel the A6 order. 64 Audio is having a BIG sale on all the U-Series you could get the top of the line model the U12 for the same money the A6 is $1200 the U6 is $675 half the price for the same earphone.
https://www.64audio.com/store/summer-sale

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #6,147 of 9,124
  Wow that's a huge shipping bump for something so small, I totally feel you. Drums would at least make the shipping cost worth it, but I don't have an ETA on it right now. We're at version 35 right now. Starting to talk to machine shops for production runs and such. So if you wait, it'll probably still be a little bit. Really your call.

In that case I'll hold off for now. Happy with the S1 / B1 and U8 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back