1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #6,076 of 9,124

Why the exclusion of major Asian countries?

Maybe their HK partners/resellers are hard up against them directly dealing with their own customer base

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #6,077 of 9,124
Ordered the u3's. Considered the u5's as I tend to like a more neutral sound signature. Also considered the u6, as they seem to be the recommended ones for stage. But both would be pushing my budget. Anyway excited to get them and see what I think. :)

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #6,080 of 9,124
Seems like the company is doing it's best to annoy their customer base lately....

Check their Facebook page. Their distribution agreements don't allow it.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #6,083 of 9,124
Aug 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #6,084 of 9,124
So are the U12's worth the lower price over the customs A12s.The A12's on sale are 1600-1700 dollars and these will be 1200 dollars and the Adel module with the option of using Asius modules. I think there is a probability that 1964 ears will have a Labor day sale on Apex IEMs because they need to blow through there old stock of Adel module IEMs before that happens.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #6,085 of 9,124
  So are the U12's worth the lower price over the customs A12s.The A12's on sale are 1600-1700 dollars and these will be 1200 dollars and the Adel module with the option of using Asius modules. I think there is a probability that 1964 ears will have a Labor day sale on Apex IEMs because they need to blow through there old stock of Adel module IEMs before that happens.

I would say it depends, if Asius still comes up with the bubble as an attachment for the U series(which will win over a decent number of 64Audio customers), then U12 is probably better than the A12. I personally have had bad experiences with custom iems, decent fit but it still hurts after a while.

If you have faith 64Audio will make good on their promise on a similar module to the B1, then it's not too bad I guess, I like my MAM much better than S1 with it randomly set near the open side.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #6,086 of 9,124

Yes. For U12 you can tip-roll until you find the perfect fit, and save yourself the hassle of potential refits. Universals also have way better resale value.

I don't think they allow reshells of universals, but you can email their customer service to ask. I know Noble doesn't allow it, but 64 Audio charges $350 for a reshell anyway so you might as well get a custom directly.

Edit: you'll have to decide on which modules you want. U12 on sale uses the ADEL modules, while any reshelling and customs ordered now will use the apex modules.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #6,087 of 9,124
Yes. For U12 you can tip-roll until you find the perfect fit, and save yourself the hassle of potential refits. Universals also have way better resale value.

I don't think they allow reshells of universals, but you can email their customer service to ask. I know Noble doesn't allow it, but 64 Audio charges $350 for a reshell anyway so you might as well get a custom directly.

Edit: you'll have to decide on which modules you want. U12 on sale uses the ADEL modules, while any reshelling and customs ordered now will use the apex modules.

This is what their Q&A section on their website says about remolding U series to A series:

Can I remold my U-Series into custom earphones?

There is no remolding service available for the U-Series earphones. We are only able to remold the 64 Audio custom in-ear monitors.

Maybe we should start asking Inearz to remold these. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #6,088 of 9,124
Fwiw I went ahead and ordered a set of u6's also. I'll compare and see which set I like best/ think is the better deal. Mainly I want to be able to use Asius or apex modules. Really don't like them making the new ones incompatible with Asius. Anyway can't wait to try then. 1964 has been on my radar for a while. Glad to finally have the chance to try them.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #6,089 of 9,124
I just ordered a pair of U3's. It would be interesting to compare them to the A3s I just got in last week.

I almost went with U6s but I couldn't get myself to spend that much just after spending about that much on A3s not too long ago.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #6,090 of 9,124
1. U series IEMs cannot be remolded to the corresponding A series Custom IEM - Based on the website and confirmed on phone with their Customer Rep

2. If you bought a used A series and send it in for re-shell, it will use the same module/port that it originally had. - Got this confirmation through Email from Alex at 64Audio

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back