1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #6,091 of 9,124
So are the U12's worth the lower price over the customs A12s.The A12's on sale are 1600-1700 dollars and these will be 1200 dollars and the Adel module with the option of using Asius modules. I think there is a probability that 1964 ears will have a Labor day sale on Apex IEMs because they need to blow through there old stock of Adel module IEMs before that happens.

I wouldn't bat an eyelash at Apex. One of the major selling points of 64 Audio iems was the Adel module. Now that they've split, you should only consider picking up old Adel compatible stock, or wait for another brand of iem to feature Adel. Looks like Empire Ears may be a potential candidate.

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #6,092 of 9,124
I wouldn't bat an eyelash at Apex. One of the major selling points of 64 Audio iems was the Adel module. Now that they've split, you should only consider picking up old Adel compatible stock, or wait for another brand of iem to feature Adel. Looks like Empire Ears may be a potential candidate.

Although, I respect your opinion, but shooting down something without substantial proof or evidence is not advisable and highly misleading, especially when providing advise to others in a public forum, where 100s of visitors and members browse through everyday.

Such comments create a false image on the manufacturer and could potentially impact their sales for no mistake on their part. 1964 has been creating great IEMs even before their partnership with Asius. What happened was indeed unfortunate. Without seeing clear evidence on what Apex can or cannot do, it would be better for all of us to reserve our judgement.

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #6,093 of 9,124

This is truth.

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #6,094 of 9,124
Most reviews I've read say the S1 module is the least preferred of all the Adel modules with the B1 and MAMs being preferred by most reviewers. Perhaps the G1 will gain a lot of fans as well. I believe the first Apex module is advertised as being similar to the S1 in terms of sound signatures, so the change has severely limited the availability of options to tune the IEMs. Hopefully this will be rectified over time.

I just ordered the U3 on the summer sale specifically so I can use my modules from my A12 in them as well as any future Adel modules I may want to add (or Apex for that matter). Currently I have the B1s and MAMs. My A12s are back for another refit. My U3s will have the S1s which will be useful for times when I need more isolation, but based on the reviews I doubt I will use them very often (The S1 module).

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #6,095 of 9,124
Anyone order from 64ears directly from Canada? Any duties?

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #6,097 of 9,124

I feel the same way. I don't understand the explanation from 64Audio, since Asius clearly said from the beginning that they will license ADEL to other manufacturers (when the bubble tech is out) and giving 64Audio exclusivity over the bubble tech.
I think other issue stated in the explanation (module supply issue or issue with manufacturing variance) can be rectified easily.

So why part ways now? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever, IMHO...

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #6,098 of 9,124
I feel the same way. I don't understand the explanation from 64Audio, since Asius clearly said from the beginning that they will license ADEL to other manufacturers (when the bubble tech is out) and giving 64Audio exclusivity over the bubble tech.
I think other issue stated in the explanation (module supply issue or issue with manufacturing variance) can be rectified easily.

I don't blame them. They did also say as ASIUS is branching out their focus on other interests, they wouldn't be able to cope up with 64 Audio's production demands while maintaining the quality they want.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #6,099 of 9,124
I can understand 64 audio wanting to release their own modules. I think the more the merrier. Which is why I also don't like them make anything going forward only compatible with their in-house modules. At least keep them compatible with the Asius modules also. Give us users as many options as possible. And if 64's own modules are as good or better, then they have nothing to worry about. At least that's my thoughts.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #6,100 of 9,124

Just for the record, current QC stats on MAMs is 925ish pairs out around the world, the count of defect is 14 individual modules. Plus 1 pair on their way back from Japan right now for inspection, so possibly 15. So 1850 modules with 15 defects, pretty solid stats for any manufacturer. I also test each and every pair MAMs with my own A12s before the see the post office. My finger nails have seen some abuse, as you'd imagine. But they really do get easier to swap in/out after just a couple pairs.

As for fixed modules, I don't have those figures in front of me since I'm at home, but routinely out of a shipment of 400 pairs, we'd see maybe 20 modules back. Then we would obviously test those returned modules and the vast majority of the time, they were just fine. As you'd probably expect, we have check QC every step of assembly and use the most up to date software on our testing system.

I don't blame them. They did also say as ASIUS is branching out their focus on other interests, they wouldn't be able to cope up with 64 Audio's production demands while maintaining the quality they want.

While we are doing a number of projects, that's nothing new. Production of modules has never been an issue, over seeing rate of production is one of the things I do at the lab. We actually have a rather large stockpile of every module type most of the time. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #6,101 of 9,124
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to stop in to mention that we are busy at 64 Audio working to finalize more apex module offerings!

We are controlling isolation/ambience independently from frequency response/bass loss so several interesting module combinations are on the horizon.

I'm currently listening to a pair that features somewhere between -8dB and -10dB of isolation but the offers the same bass response as the apex m20 and ADEL S1 modules, very cool.  It's pretty wild to hear a good bit of environmental noise with a layer of bass-rich music over top!

- Chris

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #6,102 of 9,124
  Hello everyone,

I just wanted to stop in to mention that we are busy at 64 Audio working to finalize more apex module offerings!

We are controlling isolation/ambience independently from frequency response/bass loss so several interesting module combinations are on the horizon.

I'm currently listening to a pair that features somewhere between -8dB and -10dB of isolation but the offers the same bass response as the apex m20 and ADEL S1 modules, very cool.  It's pretty wild to hear a good bit of environmental noise with a layer of bass-rich music over top!

- Chris

Sounds like the B1 module, at least I am hoping it to be.  I ordered my A12's on the same day 64 Audio announced the split with Asius so I will be one of the lucky buyers getting the new APEX module.  If the M20 has a similar sound signature to the S1 and judging by the responses on this thread from other members preference to the B1, then I will be eagerly awaiting more APEX module offerings

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #6,103 of 9,124
@Canyon Runner I came home to a nice little package and tried them out immediately, the bass on the left side sounded soft so I took them out and had a look. It looks like the membrane at 1-2 O'clock position on the left module became loose during shipping, can you please confirm this is not normal?
Thanks!

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #6,104 of 9,124
  @Canyon Runner I came home to a nice little package and tried them out immediately, the bass on the left side sounded soft so I took them out and had a look. It looks like the membrane at 1-2 O'clock position on the left module became loose during shipping, can you please confirm this is not normal?
Thanks!

It's honestly sorta tough to make out via the picture in this resolution. From what I can tell, it doesn't looks like anythings an issue. I've played around with the delrin rings that press the membrane into the module and there isn't much of a noticeable change on the testing equipment if the ring isn't flush. They take a good amount of pressure to get the rings to seat, so them wiggling out or something during shipping is pretty unlikely (anything is possible obviously). That notch on the basket of the left module seems to be just fine. 

As always, I'll be more than happy to inspect the pair for whatever concerns you may have then swap you for a different pair if there is indeed a performance issue with them, no worries.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #6,105 of 9,124
  1. U series IEMs cannot be remolded to the corresponding A series Custom IEM - Based on the website and confirmed on phone with their Customer Rep

2. If you bought a used A series and send it in for re-shell, it will use the same module/port that it originally had. - Got this confirmation through Email from Alex at 64Audio

Hope that helps!

So they can make it compatible, they just want to give Asius the raspberry inverse V salute? Don't let the door hit you on the way out? What's up with that? Can I place an order and say, just make it compatible, I want what customers before me got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back