1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #586 of 9,124
  lol
Stephen mentioned A12 is hugely better than Roxanne and Vitaliy stated that the A12 is in a different league. That's a dangerous game to play, instilling such big expectations in us..

Hugely better? Color me equal parts intrigued and skeptical. Okay, maybe a whole lot more skeptical.

This could seriously backfire on them. Setting such huge expectations may result in a greater fall.

Honestly, the whole kickstarter looks like it's for the 'Apple earbud upgraders' crowd. A different colour? A microphone option? And now a new case... The A series seems like an afterthought.

Compare that to the Supra- upgraded internals. New cables. Dual colour customisation options for the look. 2nd set of tips (I don't use foamies, but if you do, this is amazingly useful).

Yeah, I agree. The A-series just seems like magical IEMs where the power of 10/12 drivers coupled with ADEL are sufficient to warrant those huge price tags. And now that Roxanne claim? Hmmm...

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #587 of 9,124

Hugely better? Color me equal parts intrigued and skeptical. Okay, maybe a whole lot more skeptical.

This could seriously backfire on them. Setting such huge expectations may result in a greater fall.

Yeah, I agree. The A-series just seems like magical IEMs where the power of 10/12 drivers coupled with ADEL are sufficient to warrant those huge price tags. And now that Roxanne claim? Hmmm...

And from a question on the comparison to the HD800, because of the spaciousness from the Adel, after you try the A12  you won't really miss it.
That's an even bigger barrel considering HD800 has one of the most widest soundstage. I do wish they sent the A10 along as part of the review units ;(

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #589 of 9,124
Hey, it's me! I'm back, except not demanding people tell me which is better out of V8 and V6S (althought still hoping someone compares the V8 to an SM64 for me haha!)
Sorry for being quite dominating in the first half of the cast yesterday. I thought I'd address with some quotes -

Quote:

They said that the test set had been delivered yesterday to xxx off head-fi (I can't remember the name of the member they said?) so you'd have thought there already some listening hours on them to get a provisional review.....

Quote:

Let me guess, very conveniently after the kickstarter campaign has ended?

I think the iems should've arrived yesterday, but I think they used the Head-fiers real name, so I don't think we have a know user to pester here :D Let's just hope it's someone who's aware of this thread!

Yes, it sounded to me like U8 should have less mid-bass issues than V8, although some are more sensitive than others.

It's for this reason I'm back towards leaning towards the U8, although I seriously am putting faith in Vitaly, which is dangerous when he's also selling the things...

To say that I am disappointed with 1964's new stretch goal would be an understatement.  Unless the stretch goal is subsequently lowered to $500,000, the goal will not be achieved - no matter how optimistic the Creator is.

In addition to getting the U8, I seriously considered getting a pair of Ambient 12, or upgrading to A10/A12.  But now?  Probably not.  The lack of information/reviews, the unenthusiastic stretch goals (a mic cable that could deteriorate the sound quality and probably not very useful for some music listeners?  an alternative color option that should have been there in the first place?  and now an earphone case that will probably not be delivered?), and the selective response from the Creator ... these make the entire project a huge letdown.

I really don't want to divert to the other Kickstarter project in this thread.  But being a backer of both projects, I would say EarWerkz is much more promising - their stretch goals set a very high standard, and really show their commitment and sincerity.  Seriously, they deserve some support and recognition.

(And LH ... well, I am at a loss for words.  Counting on their success (in terms of product performance) in their previous projects, I have pledged quite a large amount.  But perhaps I only have myself to blame.  I know that there would be delays, but I don't know that they would use all kinds of techniques to frustrate the early backers - keep pushing out new products without delivering the old ones; and keep pushing out even better bargains only for the late backers.  And even after receiving some criticism, they would continue to ignore the early backers, and try their very best to attract more new customers.  I know they are running a business and have mouths to feed - but I am so tired of receiving more updates of new products and new perks from them.  Again, there is going to be a really long wait - a wait for the promise of good products that may never come. )

Did you watch the cast? They justified this pretty well towards the end. The manufacturing process of a new product is expensive and has to be bespoke, and because the only real 'order numbers' they have are from kickstarter, they can't tell who wants what. It's keeping their overheads down - I for one would rather they put money into R&D and made sure these things were the most durable, best sounding iems that have ever existed, rather than give use different colours. If mine sound better than my SM64s then I don't care if theyre flueorescent pink and have a tie-dye cable to be honest...

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #590 of 9,124
Just played it back, he says the head-fi user thats got them is 'mikhail' ? Real name or username I dont know. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #591 of 9,124
  I agree with you, but..... What's the price on some great sounding IEM's? We're getting universal (well I am) V8's for a massive discount. Plus some unknown ADEL tech that might be great or rubbish. If 1964 had offered universal V8's without a case, and in only 2 colours, for the price I'm getting them at, I'd have bitten their hands off.
Sure, some fancy stretch goals would have been lovely. But an extra set of tips, or a cable that might make 0.01% difference isn't a deal breaker for me.
I'm more keen to hear a review of the demo unit than stretch goals. If they don't sound great, then I might bin off my support. But I've not heard of 1964 making a bad product yet....

I admit that it is a huge discount nonetheless, which is why I am still getting a U8.  But the way they handle the KS campaign is not very desirable to say the least.  For instance, I believe they could have sent out review units earlier - if they are confident in their products, then they would expect positive reviews; and positive reviews would likely drive up the sales.  But up until now, we do not really know what to expect - except maybe for the U-series, which probably should be similar to the V-series of 1964.

As for the stretch goals, they are indeed not deal breakers.  I only wish that they could offer something better - while red-colored shells could be nice for some, a black/charcoal-colored option will likely be more appealing to the general public if you ask me (why didn't they make charcoal the default color, for instance?).  Same for the mic cable - useful for some but not really for music listeners IMO.  They could have offered at least one stretch goal that would be more attractive to the backers - perhaps the case stretch goal is a good example, but at this stage of the project, this goal is unlikely to be met.  And this is disappointing to say the least.

Did you watch the cast? They justified this pretty well towards the end. The manufacturing process of a new product is expensive and has to be bespoke, and because the only real 'order numbers' they have are from kickstarter, they can't tell who wants what. It's keeping their overheads down - I for one would rather they put money into R&D and made sure these things were the most durable, best sounding iems that have ever existed, rather than give use different colours. If mine sound better than my SM64s then I don't care if theyre flueorescent pink and have a tie-dye cable to be honest...

I fully understand that - they definitely need to balance the sheets and make sure the IEMs/CIEMs sound good.  And given the discount, I still agree that it is a pretty good deal after all - if the IEMs/CIEMs do not sound bad 
biggrin.gif

I am not looking to rob the makers, but they could have better utilized their resources on stretch goals that might be more appealing.  Instead of offering a default red option for the U-series, a default black/charcoal option will likely be more desirable.  And the mic cable that could deteriorate the sound quality is probably not a very good stretch goal.  I suggest that they could listen to their backers, start polls, and offer a stretch goal that would make at least some backers happy and is manageable for them.  They cannot please everyone, but they could at least please some.

But then, these are just my suggestions.  I believe they have likely handled their backers in a much better way than the LH projects - if 1964ADEL could deliver their products on time / without too much delay.

P.S. If they are offering fluorescent pink shells and a tie-dye cable only, then NO, there is no way I would buy any of their IEMs!  That's basically unusable in the public! 
angry_face.gif

I would bite their hands off - literally - if they had offered such a terrible combination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back