1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 12, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #611 of 9,124
So far hadn't posted in this thread - but I am signed up for the kickstarter.

To those who are turning this into a bash-fest, can you give it a rest please.  You've said your piece.  if you don't want to support - don't support.  For me - here is the chance to make a considerable saving on what is likely to be game changing as far as IEMs go. I say this with complete confidence, after researching 1964Ears background, prior success and reputation, product support, and popularity with the tuning of their products.

Are they really going to get behind this tech, and put their name to it if it doesn't work?  I mean *** use your intellect people .......

If you decide to pull your money out - it really is your loss.  There is more than enough support for this to go ahead, and I have every confidence that:
[a] It is going to be successful
I'm getting an absolute bargain (U6) being an early bird

I really wish my budget stretched to the A10 or A12 - but I have no qualms at all remaining a supporter.  This IS going to be successful, and IMO those making all the noise in the last few pages may well regret their decisions once the reviews start coming in.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #612 of 9,124

To those who are turning this into a bash-fest, can you give it a rest please.  You've said your piece.  if you don't want to support - don't support.  For me - here is the chance to make a considerable saving on what is likely to be game changing as far as IEMs go. I say this with complete confidence, after researching 1964Ears background, prior success and reputation, product support, and popularity with the tuning of their products.

Are they really going to get behind this tech, and put their name to it if it doesn't work?  I mean *** use your intellect people .......

If you decide to pull your money out - it really is your loss.  There is more than enough support for this to go ahead, and I have every confidence that:

I really wish my budget stretched to the A10 or A12 - but I have no qualms at all remaining a supporter.  This IS going to be successful, and IMO those making all the noise in the last few pages may well regret their decisions once the reviews start coming in.

Sorry bro but your bashing!

People here have legitamate questions and all like/love 1964... Some of whome perhaps can't quite affort the pair they are looking at making it even bigger ... I will tell ya that even a submit-fi level iem can have people who just don't love how its tuned so reviews are pretty important.

In this case 1964/Adel are putting review samples out there but it seems they did a poor or fantastic job of timing it depending on your view.

Who is saying this won't go ahead? We all know it will but this IS a channel to share concerns and excitement which we all have!

The review has been asked for by supporters and talked about buy 1964/Adel but 45 hrs is short and that promised review (going back weeks) might or might not show up.

We hope ADEL delivers on sound and safety, sound will be easy to tell from a review or 2 safety is a gamble , I mostly buy it but nothing has had enough studies to be certain. I happy you have faith but sir the world is built on facts and aspirations both of which are what we as fans and customers/potential customers are sharing. And hoping it is read and creates motivation to get some semblance of a review posted ASAP :)

Good night, AND the great folks at 1964/Adel are #1 in business to make money, we are in it to make sure its also good for us , #2 they are big boys and girls and won't be offended, this is feedback and they asked for feedback on the webinar. We are an involved group full of passion and most of us have been in contact with the campaign and companies due to excitement and interest for the entire length of the campaign, we are also trying to be objective you know not blindly drink koolade :wink:

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #613 of 9,124
@Brooko

Point made.  Glad you have confidence.  Others (including myself) would like some review units in the wild like Earwerkz are doing with the Supra.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

That said, I've heard the 1964 EARS universal lineup, and they were all fantastic IEMs.  Worst comes to worst, close the ADEL port and enjoy.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #614 of 9,124
@Brooko

Point made.  Glad you have confidence.  Others (including myself) would like some review units in the wild like Earwerkz are doing with the Supra.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

That said, I've heard the 1964 EARS universal lineup, and they were all fantastic IEMs.  Worst comes to worst, close the ADEL port and enjoy.

Agreed! Great sounding!!!
Well be cool to see a preview review tomorrow LOL

That said I am sure they will sound great the A12 at least.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #615 of 9,124

This is a thread for discussion of a company's product, and by extension the business practices involved in the purchase/ownership of the product. This isn't a "bashfest", or personal attacks- it's consumers discussing a product that they'll potentially be spending $100s or $1000s of dollars on, in less than 48 hours.

I have no doubt that there is not $300k represented among those of us questioning the continuance of our funding- so yes, the kickstarter is going to be successfully funded. What we are discussing, however, is whether or not we will be represented among those funding the product- and why.

To me, the key line from your comment is "may well regret their decisions once the reviews start coming in"- that is just the thing. Where are the reviews? They sent out one review sample, to one member of the forum? With no review of a $1200 product and less than 2 days to the deadline?

1964 Ears has a good reputation, but this is a new, un-reviewed technology going into a broad line of products- everything from some earbuds to what their marketing speak is claiming are the "best IEMs on the market". I happily got in line in the Kickstarter- with the expectation that the product's creators wouldn't be the only ones singing the products praises, that the product's creators would put their claims in clear terms.... Unfortunately it seems that we're being asked to take their word for all of it, as while  "ADEL is revolutionary tech that saves your hearing and improves sound by a huge margin. You need to hear it to believe it."- while they neglect to include any sort of established product reviewer.

I sincerely hope that this technology proves to be the next step forward in personal audio- I'd be happy to see the reviews that you allude to, mirroring the companies claims. What I don't want to see is claims of an audio panacea with no independent backing, making promises of deliverables in their webcast that it appears will go undelivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back