1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 21, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #5,716 of 9,124
There's s1 and be. I'm assuming that you're referring to s1. S1 and b1 have fixed setting and can't be adjusted by the user. Put the module in and get the sound it delivers. The mam module can achieve the sound of s1, b1 and many more settings. It's like a regulator dial that switches on and off lights and vary the brightness of the light. S1 and b1 are like fixed positions when we vary from fully closed to fully open.

So the mam modus can achieve those two settings and more. Also mams allow each ear to be tuned individually.

If you check the asius website there is a red G1 module

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #5,718 of 9,124
Jul 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #5,720 of 9,124
Thank you for your good response.

Unfortunately I can't make a such comparison, I've never listened U10 and B1 module... Sorry.

You are welcome.

About the U10, what I meant to say was; In case you get a chance to try/demo a U10 with a B1 module sometime in the future, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it..

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #5,722 of 9,124
  My U12 review is online on Headfonia.
http://www.headfonia.com/review-64-audio-adel-u12/

Have a good read.

A rather negative review, but I do understand that its signature is not your cup of tea (if you prefer something like K10UA) and I wish you would have tried it with either B1 or MAM modules and something better than a cheap ofc stock cable.  By default in stock config with S1 module (the most bass heavy) and w/comply tips (more isolation and low end enhancement) and a blah stock cable - you are looking at L-shaped signature with an overpowering bass.  In that config, try to knock down about 3-4 dBs around 60Hz on LPG with a default Q - it will open your eyes to details with mids/treble being more balanced.  A quality low impedance multi-braid cable will refine it further (i'm using TWau).  B1 module reduces mid-bass quantity, or you can manually tune it with MAM, and even so you get less isolation - the sound opens up and becomes more airy.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #5,725 of 9,124
  My U12 review is online on Headfonia.
http://www.headfonia.com/review-64-audio-adel-u12/

Have a good read.

It might be just me - but I would personally change this bit in your review:

ADEL Technology

So 64 Audio recently introduced a new technologic achievement called “ADEL”.

The technology is actually from Asius (who I notice you make no mention of), and the way you've written it sounds like it is a 64Audio invention.  It is a collaboration between the two companies (a very successful one and I hope the partnership continues). But any reference to ADEL really needs to also reference Asius.  It is their invention.

I tried to cover a lot of the Adel tech and what it does in my own review of the U6- please feel free to borrow from it if you'd like.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #5,726 of 9,124
  Got it.

What are your thoughts on U10?

I never had a chance to try the U10 with the B1 module. This comparison of U10 and U12 is based on S1 Module:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4665#post_12489190

This my review of the A10 with the B1 Module:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-a10/reviews/16041

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #5,727 of 9,124
I can't believe this thread isn't exploding with news of the G1 module!

What do we know about it?

I don't see anything on 64audio's webstore.  Link?

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #5,728 of 9,124
Jul 22, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #5,730 of 9,124
Hey guys. Glad to see the new module launched. Stephen & I have been out in San Francisco meeting with Bob Weir and Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead. So seeing the module up, came as a surprise to me as well. I would have helped promote the release otherwise.

The new G1 won't be everybody's cup of tea. That module I've found to be my go-to for trap music (G is for Gucci Mane, the Trap God). For bass testing, I usually use various trap stuff and Sunn O))).

More sub bass and sparkly highs. Sound stage is closer to the B1, than the S1 module. It has more isolation than the B1. I see it as the best of both worlds really, at least in terms of the fixed modules go.

I'm actually not sure if the MAM can replicate the bass response of this one, I'll have to try on the testing bench when I get back to the lab. It's possible, I just haven't tried yet.

I've had the G1s in my A12s for the better part of a month now, I dig em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back