1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 6, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #5,416 of 9,124
I thought that he was referring to a new line-up of bubble only IEMS vs. the bubble tips people tried at Canjam that could be retrofitted into existing U-series iems. Maybe Steve can clarify, but that was the impression I had. 

Yes, same understanding.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #5,418 of 9,124
Need to ask a very silly question, but since this is my 1st CIEM from 64Audio, I am not sure which way it should plug in... I am talking about the cables - I know there is some marking on the connector that is to be slot into the recessed slot, but should the marking be facing outwards (as in same side as faceplate) or facing inwards (same side as the mold to the ears)?

I asked because I see that in Brooko's review of U6, the photos shows the marking on the same side as the faceplate, while mine is facing the other way (but that's because I tested the CIEM with some other cables previously and the person helped me to put back the stock cable that way).

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #5,419 of 9,124
  Need to ask a very silly question, but since this is my 1st CIEM from 64Audio, I am not sure which way it should plug in... I am talking about the cables - I know there is some marking on the connector that is to be slot into the recessed slot, but should the marking be facing outwards (as in same side as faceplate) or facing inwards (same side as the mold to the ears)?

I asked because I see that in Brooko's review of U6, the photos shows the marking on the same side as the faceplate, while mine is facing the other way (but that's because I tested the CIEM with some other cables previously and the person helped me to put back the stock cable that way).

There's a red and blue indicator. Red is Right, Blue is Left. Apologies with the poor quality pix, just a random quick snap.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #5,421 of 9,124

You'll know if they are the wrong way around because you'll be able to tell the difference (they will be out of phase with each other).  In-phase : the vocals will be centered.  Out of phase : they will be diffuse (you won't be able to pinpoint their exact location).  On my U6, the difference is subtle but there, and the drop in bass is also noticeable.

If you have both out of phase it is less noticeable (apart from the bass), but if you have one in phase, and one out of phase you're really going to notice the difference.

It won't hurt the earphones - so try it for yourself.  In-phase on my pair is definitely both dots facing the rear of the IEM. Both out of phase is dots facing forward. And if you want a surreal experience try one forward and one back.

But yes - blue is left and red is right - both dots should face the rear.

This might also help - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/235030-if-headphones-out-phase-can-you-hear.html

The funny thing about it is that on 64 Audio's website you can see an image with a little pattern that looks like a little sun on the actual pin surrounds. In the photo both are facing out.  In reality the right should be out and the left should be in.  Their photo actually has the left earpiece wired out of phase (as far as I can tell anyway). It's either that or I have a uniquely wired cable.

1964ears-1441212341-U-Series_Black.jpg

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #5,422 of 9,124

You'll know if they are the wrong way around because you'll be able to tell the difference (they will be out of phase with each other).  In-phase : the vocals will be centered.  Out of phase : they will be diffuse (you won't be able to pinpoint their exact location).  On my U6, the difference is subtle but there, and the drop in bass is also noticeable.

If you have both out of phase it is less noticeable (apart from the bass), but if you have one in phase, and one out of phase you're really going to notice the difference.

It won't hurt the earphones - so try it for yourself.  In-phase on my pair is definitely both dots facing the rear of the IEM. Both out of phase is dots facing forward. And if you want a surreal experience try one forward and one back.

But yes - blue is left and red is right - both dots should face the rear.

This might also help - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/235030-if-headphones-out-phase-can-you-hear.html

The funny thing about it is that on 64 Audio's website you can see an image with a little pattern that looks like a little sun on the actual pin surrounds. In the photo both are facing out.  In reality the right should be out and the left should be in.  Their photo actually has the left earpiece wired out of phase (as far as I can tell anyway). It's either that or I have a uniquely wired cable.

1964ears-1441212341-U-Series_Black.jpg

Currently the wires are slotted with the blue dot to the left module and red to the right module; the dots are facing upwards when it is in my ears (since this is CIEM and recessed sockets), and the pattern on both sides are facing in.
I don't think I know how to tell if it is out of phase or not, but the vocal currently is centered and it's sounds like it's right in the center where my brains are, so the drums sound like it's behind me and with guitars either on the left or right depending on what track and what band, the piano is basically where the vocal is, but a bit further back compared to the vocals. 

Maybe I should try the other way and see what happens.. hahahaha

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #5,423 of 9,124

Currently the wires are slotted with the blue dot to the left module and red to the right module; the dots are facing upwards when it is in my ears (since this is CIEM and recessed sockets), and the pattern on both sides are facing in.
I don't think I know how to tell if it is out of phase or not, but the vocal currently is centered and it's sounds like it's right in the center where my brains are, so the drums sound like it's behind me and with guitars either on the left or right depending on what track and what band, the piano is basically where the vocal is, but a bit further back compared to the vocals. 

Maybe I should try the other way and see what happens.. hahahaha

I'd suggest trying it - you should notice the difference.  I'd also suggest contacting 64Audio and getting clarification - but I'm exactly same with my universals.  Dots face up when worn.

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #5,425 of 9,124
Has anyone done the V6-Stage to A6 upgrade path? Considering taking the plunge this summer but I'm leery about the bass loss with the Adel modules. The V6S has the perfect amount of bass but with any less I think I wouldn't be too happy...

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #5,426 of 9,124
I don't own a V6S, and I have forgotten how it sounds like when i did an audition before A6 were out. However I did finally went ahead with A6 and found it to have bass when it needed bass and I don't find it lacking. Having said that, I am not a basshead, but I do like for the music to be represented correctly - thus if it's a bass heavy song, bass should be prominent when listening to it. So far, A6 has done that for me (using the default S1 module - B1 was not out at the time when I order it and I have not bought that since it was available recently).

Hope that helps.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #5,427 of 9,124
Anyone else notice the new A1 model. Looks like it might be the same as an A2 but with no customization options in order to get the price down by $100?

I'm still awaiting my A12s but thought it was nice to see an CIEM at the $500 price point as an option from 64Audio.

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #5,428 of 9,124
Nevermind. I just found out that depending on the sound engineer, the drum span can be differenr! One song it's hi hat on the left, in another it's on the right.

Never knew this till I start liaten closely due to trying to see rhe different between placing the blue and red dot cables in left or right side of the CIEM.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #5,429 of 9,124
Very close to taking the plunge upgrading my V6s to a set of A10 or A12. Could anyone who has listened to both the 10 and 12 comment on the differences? I am a guitarist and wear these for church as well as for music on my daily commute. I am not a bass head (don't listen to house or anything), but I do enjoy more bass than reference and want my IEMs to be fun to listen to. I want the best but not sure which of these models would be 'it' for me.

Also are we still on track for MAM early this month Canyon Runner? Waiting on that to place my order :)

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back