1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 14, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #5,446 of 9,124
  Thanks for all the info on here guys. I am starting to save up to buy some CIEMs from 64 Audio. I just got impressions done so I can have earplugs made. I was going to send those same impressions to 64 Audio to use.

Refer to this impression guide here to see if your set impressions conform to the specifications:

https://www.64audio.com/img/posts/1964ears-1463434469-instructions2.pdf 

And few other things to consider:

1. I have heard that some silicone earplugs require a closed-jaw impression. You need an open-jaw impression for a 64-Audio IEM
2. 64-Audio needs the impression to be as deep as ~4mm beyond the 2nd Bend. I am not aware of the depth requirements for the impressions for ear-plugs but you may want to check.
3. For Custom IEMs, the manufacturers need a bit of extra material on the outside too. That could also be something that is different from an impression that was made for ear-plugs.

Just my 2 cents..

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #5,447 of 9,124

Refer to this impression guide here to see if your set impressions conform to the specifications:

https://www.64audio.com/img/posts/1964ears-1463434469-instructions2.pdf 

And few other things to consider:

1. I have heard that some silicone earplugs require a closed-jaw impression. You need an open-jaw impression for a 64-Audio IEM
2. 64-Audio needs the impression to be as deep as ~4mm beyond the 2nd Bend. I am not aware of the depth requirements for the impressions for ear-plugs but you may want to check.
3. For Custom IEMs, the manufacturers need a bit of extra material on the outside too. That could also be something that is different from an impression that was made for ear-plugs.

Just my 2 cents..

Thanks for this. 

Now I am unsure if I can use the impressions. I will have to send an email to the audiologist who did the impressions.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #5,449 of 9,124
You can email pics from various angles for review to 64 as well.

Yeah, I saw that on the instructions. I might do that as well. I sent an email to the audiologist but have not heard back yet. It would be nice if I can get the impressions covered with my insurance. I got the impressions for my earplugs through my insurance.

Jun 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #5,450 of 9,124
Review for the U8 is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-audio-u8/reviews/16214

It's my first real review, so take it easy on me. If you have questions or need further info I'll try to answer them in this topic or shoot me a message. 

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #5,453 of 9,124
Hi Folks,

I'm currently listing potential IEMs and its very hard to decide as there are so many choices upto $1k range.

Can someone comment or provide some feedback between U5 vs U6 and how they compare to the likes of similar priced Westone's and IEM from Campfire Audio maybe Jupiter or Andromeda?

I know there are bits and pieces of feedback on U5 and U6 but hard to make out their sound signature. I believe the U5 is very unique in the sense that it has 4 highs and 1Mid/Low BA....Does this mean it doesn't have any bass at all?

thanks

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #5,454 of 9,124
  Review for the U8 is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-audio-u8/reviews/16214

It's my first real review, so take it easy on me. If you have questions or need further info I'll try to answer them in this topic or shoot me a message. 

Hey, that was a very nice review! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #5,455 of 9,124
Great short review!

Quote:

Hey, that was a very nice review! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #5,456 of 9,124
Any further info on MAMs availability?

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #5,458 of 9,124
Hi Folks,

I'm currently listing potential IEMs and its very hard to decide as there are so many choices upto $1k range.

Can someone comment or provide some feedback between U5 vs U6 and how they compare to the likes of similar priced Westone's and IEM from Campfire Audio maybe Jupiter or Andromeda?

I know there are bits and pieces of feedback on U5 and U6 but hard to make out their sound signature. I believe the U5 is very unique in the sense that it has 4 highs and 1Mid/Low BA....Does this mean it doesn't have any bass at all?

thanks

Why not wait for the 64 audio bubbles? From what we've heard the bubbles are better in every way than traditional iems/ciems. It might be a few months, but worth it.

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #5,460 of 9,124
  From the ADEL A2 descriptions: "This product is ideal for emerging bands, houses of worship and casual music listening.product is ideal for emerging bands, houses of worship and casual music listening."

What is a house of worship and why would they need custom in-ears if it's anything remotely like what it sounds like? 
confused_face_2.gif

by house of worship I believe they are referring to contemporary church's. Myself being a Worship Leader at one of these kind of churches my 64 Ears are amazing! Most contemporary church's have a full band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back