1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #5,131 of 9,124
  +1, my MAM modules are similar.. manufacture defects?

Also, since receiving the MAM, and having to remove the S1, I noticed that the membranes are different between the two S1 modules, one looks right the other doesn't.  I'll try to take a picture soon.

I've since talked to @AC1 and it's not a MAM issue. The S1 was able to sit in a similar spot. But I'm curious as to what you mean by one doesn't look like other. The membrane material often may be a bit more see - through than other sections, while still doing the same job. Also anytime a bit of moisture from the ear canal gets onto the membrane, it can slightly discolor for a bit. Sorta like a damp spot on a grey t-shirt. 

May 9, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #5,132 of 9,124
  +1, my MAM modules are similar.. manufacture defects?

Also, since receiving the MAM, and having to remove the S1, I noticed that the membranes are different between the two S1 modules, one looks right the other doesn't.  I'll try to take a picture soon.

They've said it here several times that the S1 has two membranes, while the MAM has one membrane only and functions differently. Can't remember when, but if you check earlier posts (probably from last week) you'll see where they talk about the differences between the two. 

May 9, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #5,134 of 9,124
Just picked the package up from FedEx Office..

IEM Model: A10
ADEL Module: B1 
Shell Color: Charcoal
Faceplate Color: Charcoal

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Nice pics! One thing I've often wondered about my A12's was the driver orientation, I had them in for a crack repair and when I get them back the drivers in the one that was repaired shifted positions. When they were sent off for repair they were like yours, big bass drivers at the bottom, mids in the middle and high drivers near the top. Now the mids and highs have swapped places in the left one. Would that affect the coherence-how well yheir FR's align?

May 9, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #5,135 of 9,124
Nice pics! One thing I've often wondered about my A12's was the driver orientation, I had them in for a crack repair and when I get them back the drivers in the one that was repaired shifted positions. When they were sent off for repair they were like yours, big bass drivers at the bottom, mids in the middle and high drivers near the top. Now the mids and highs have swapped places in the left one. Would that affect the coherence-how well their FR's align?

May 10, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #5,138 of 9,124
Nice pics! One thing I've often wondered about my A12's was the driver orientation, I had them in for a crack repair and when I get them back the drivers in the one that was repaired shifted positions. When they were sent off for repair they were like yours, big bass drivers at the bottom, mids in the middle and high drivers near the top. Now the mids and highs have swapped places in the left one. Would that affect the coherence-how well yheir FR's align?

Thank you!

Regarding the FR impact, I am no engineer, but if I have to take a stab, I think, as long as the length of the sound tube (From the nozzle on the BA driver to the outer tip of the IEM) are the same on both L and R, it shouldn't matter. If the sound tubes are of different length, the measured FR curve might show some shift in the peaks in the 2kHz to 8kHz range (shifting either forward or backward). But as to quantity of the lower mids itself, I don't think there would be any change.

But thankfully, we all know that 64 Audio does a final QC check before shipping out the IEMs. So if they saw any FR mismatch between L and R, I am sure they would fix it.

May 10, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #5,142 of 9,124
Since we're discussing debris, some of the bores at the end of the sound tube are cleanly done and others have material around the edges that ends up collecting wax and is very hard to clean, see pic:

The material around the edges catches wax in the little spaces, in the ones that are cleanly bored, they clean up quite easily.  I wonder if this excess material could be removed.

It's hard to capture in a picture.  Photos taken with my S7 Edge =P ^_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back