1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #4,621 of 9,124
For me, impressions accepted 03/15, faceplates applied 04/01... graphics is next...

keep calm, I tell myself haha

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #4,622 of 9,124
Bear in mind s5 will native upsample rate due to it being android. You would need to play the music on uapp/onkyo player. What colour was mojo showing when you was playing music?

Not implying you didnt know this, just when i first got it, i plugged it into my s6 edge plus and didnt realise android was upsampling eveything instead of playing in native lol

That is a good point! I can remember that I used the onkyo app and the usb audio player pro app to listen to my flacs on my phone. Still to me the oppo sounded better. Which colour it was showing? All the colors of the rainbow :) 
But a big thing for me is that a portable amp/dac must work out of the box with android, the mojo doesn't work with the samsung S5 out of the box (tried it also with andoid version 5.0 ) and you can not stream directly the music with tidal or with spotify. Yes maybe it is possible to get it to work, but then you must tweak your phone, put another image on it (like the CM MOD's for android) or work with third party applications. 

Don't get me wrong I do not wanna bash or diss the mojo, it is just my opinion on it.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #4,623 of 9,124
That is a good point! I can remember that I used the onkyo app and the usb audio player pro app to listen to my flacs on my phone. Still to me the oppo sounded better. Which colour it was showing? All the colors of the rainbow :) 
But a big thing for me is that a portable amp/dac must work out of the box with android, the mojo doesn't work with the samsung S5 out of the box (tried it also with andoid version 5.0 ) and you can not stream directly the music with tidal or with spotify. Yes maybe it is possible to get it to work, but then you must tweak your phone, put another image on it (like the CM MOD's for android) or work with third party applications. 

Don't get me wrong I do not wanna bash or diss the mojo, it is just my opinion on it.
ye no probs. I took it back as i felt i didnt have the file quality or headphones to get the benefits of it. Surprised it didnt work out of the box.

I personally have the cayin c5. Ive also looked into the oppo. Cool gadget

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #4,627 of 9,124

Yea man, should have paid $249 for Rush order
smily_headphones1.gif
Its pretty cheap compare to Noble Audio which is like $400

Exactly.. How about your order ? Did you make it rush at last ?

Don't waste your money on a rush order, better invest it into a quality replacement cable
wink.gif

I know, it's not fun waiting for your customs order, but at least with 64 Audio on-line tracker you get an update, every step of the way.  That is a big plus.  With others, you just wait and count days.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #4,628 of 9,124
Got the U10 and U12 demos.

U10 and U12 Observation #1: Soundstage width of U10 and U12 on par with the IE80. Earsonics Velvets' soundstage was slightly, but noticeably wider than the IE80 when I owned the Velvets briefly.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #4,629 of 9,124
Don't waste your money on a rush order, better invest it into a quality replacement cable :wink:

I know, it's not fun waiting for your customs order, but at least with 64 Audio on-line tracker you get an update, every step of the way.  That is a big plus.  With others, you just wait and count days.

Definitely a long wait for me but then you're right. That extra money could give me a better upgrade on the cable :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #4,631 of 9,124
U10 and U12 Observation #2:

Don’t let the driver count for the Lows (sub-bass and bass) on the U10 fool you. Because the Bass drivers are big and twice the size of the drivers used for mids and highs. The color of the shell of the U10 demo is translucent blue so I am able to see it. I will post some pictures later to compare the size of the bodies of the U10 and the U12. The volume of the U12’s body is considerably bigger than the U10’s body, just to accommodate the 2 additional bass drivers. Which again supports the point that the bass drivers in these are pretty big.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #4,633 of 9,124
  U10 and U12 Observation #2:

Don’t let the driver count for the Lows (sub-bass and bass) on the U10 fool you. Because the Bass drivers are big and twice the size of the drivers used for mids and highs. The color of the shell of the U10 demo is translucent blue so I am able to see it. I will post some pictures later to compare the size of the bodies of the U10 and the U12. The volume of the U12’s body is considerably bigger than the U10’s body, just to accommodate the 2 additional bass drivers. Which again supports the point that the bass drivers in these are pretty big.

Now that is cool!  I hope 64 Audio will allow some degree of customization with universals.  Even some basic semi-translucent color would be great!

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #4,634 of 9,124
U12 is great with movie too... watching In The Heart of the Sea, with Dolby surround turned on from PowerDVD, sounded wonderful, large sound stage, nice strong bass.  Very enjoyable.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #4,635 of 9,124
Observation #3: (Subjective)

I like bass but I am not a bass-head nor a slamming-mid-bass geek. Just in terms of Bass Quantity I seem to prefer the U10 and it seems to be just the right quantity. But there is something about the U12's overall quality that is so magnetic. Definitely not going to be an easy choice here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back