1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #4,591 of 9,124
  I own the A3 and demoed the entire line at NAMM.  I went with the A3 because it seemed like the sweet spot of a balanced signature and value for the dollar.  The U6 was excellent but I couldn't justify the price difference at the time.  I don't regret going for the A3 at all though.  Disclaimer: NAMM is a very loud venue so I probably could have heard a bigger difference in a quiet setting.  I'd love to someday have another chance to demo the line in a setting where I could critically listen.

Awesome - that's what I ordered.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #4,595 of 9,124
  I have had the MOJO for a few weeks, to compare it with my OPPO HA-2 in combination with the A12's. The MOJO can be connected to an iphone or an android phone, BUT you CAN NOT make it work with android music streaming apps like spotify or tidal. This does not work with the mojo. You can use USB audio player pro to listen to your flacs on your phone. I did not test with an Iphone. 

Soundwise for me the OPPO HA-2 was a lot more detailed compared to the MOJO. And the OPPO-HA2 works out of the box with all devices that are out there. 

I think The MOJO has also an ugly design with all the colors of the rainbow on them :) 

Damn Mojo doesn't work with Tidal ? Damn that really sucks, Tidal is the best Audio app out there.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #4,598 of 9,124
  I have had the MOJO for a few weeks, to compare it with my OPPO HA-2 in combination with the A12's. The MOJO can be connected to an iphone or an android phone, BUT you CAN NOT make it work with android music streaming apps like spotify or tidal. This does not work with the mojo. You can use USB audio player pro to listen to your flacs on your phone. I did not test with an Iphone. 

Soundwise for me the OPPO HA-2 was a lot more detailed compared to the MOJO. And the OPPO-HA2 works out of the box with all devices that are out there. 

I think The MOJO has also an ugly design with all the colors of the rainbow on them :) 

You're sure the HA-2 has more detail than the Mojo? I thought Mojo has the best detail and clarity for anything below $1000.  

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #4,600 of 9,124
  You're sure the HA-2 has more detail than the Mojo? I thought Mojo has the best detail and clarity for anything below $1000.  

Yes to my ears it was. I use the A12's in combination with a custom silver cable. Hooked it up to my samsung s5 and to my desktop with the ha-2 and the mojo. 
When listening with the mojo I missed a lot of excitement and details in the songs compared with the ha-2. The mojo has a better bass response though and it sounds more "darker". The oppo has a more straight in your face sound.

Compared overall also considering the build quality, the format to use with the my phone and the battery life/quick charging time and the oppo working out of the box with iphone and android and desktop, I think the Oppo is a better choice. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #4,601 of 9,124
Yes to my ears it was. I use the A12's in combination with a custom silver cable. Hooked it up to my samsung s5 and to my desktop with the ha-2 and the mojo. 
When listening with the mojo I missed a lot of excitement and details in the songs compared with the ha-2. The mojo has a better bass response though and it sounds more "darker". The oppo has a more straight in your face sound.

Compared overall also considering the build quality, the format to use with the my phone and the battery life/quick charging time and the oppo working out of the box with iphone and android and desktop, I think the Oppo is a better choice. 
Bear in mind s5 will native upsample rate due to it being android. You would need to play the music on uapp/onkyo player. What colour was mojo showing when you was playing music?

Not implying you didnt know this, just when i first got it, i plugged it into my s6 edge plus and didnt realise android was upsampling eveything instead of playing in native lol

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #4,602 of 9,124
Bear in mind s5 will native upsample rate due to it being android. You would need to play the music on uapp/onkyo player. What colour was mojo showing when you was playing music?

Not implying you didnt know this, just when i first got it, i plugged it into my s6 edge plus and didnt realise android was upsampling eveything instead of playing in native lol

Yes, if you don't play through UAPP/Onkyo HF on android you are going to be hearing poor sound quality.  The upsampled audio coming through Mojo is noticeable worse in all aspects than the bitperfect signal from the phone that hasn't been processed by the phones DAC.  I use mojo with S7 edge.

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #4,603 of 9,124

Yes, if you don't play through UAPP/Onkyo HF on android you are going to be hearing poor sound quality.  The upsampled audio coming through Mojo is noticeable worse in all aspects than the bitperfect signal from the phone that hasn't been processed by the phones DAC.  I use mojo with S7 edge.

Yeah, but if you use a service like Tidal, or even apple music, will either UAPP or Onkyo play the music if you don't own it? I was under the impression that you would have to have bought the songs or otherwise these apps won't be able to play them from streaming services even if you have downloaded the songs to your device. That's been my experience with the iphone. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #4,604 of 9,124
Tidal through UAPP doesn't require you to own the music. I haven't used Onkyo so I don't know if it works with Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back