1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #406 of 9,124
Hello Bob,

I don’t expect a price adjustment on the V series.
Alex Polyakov

Customer Service Representative

1964 EARS, LLC

Then they probably have to look forward to legions of angry A10 and A12 owners if the A10 and A12 are not out-of-this-world fabulous simply because of extra 2 or 4 drivers, seeing their set pricing in regards to the rest of the lineup. I suspect something really went wrong with their strategy for this campaign... the rich and willing pay so much more to offset the ADEL R&D costs hmm?
blink.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #407 of 9,124

Then they probably have to look forward to legions of angry A10 and A12 owners if the A10 and A12 are not out-of-this-world fabulous simply because of extra 2 or 4 drivers, seeing their set pricing in regards to the rest of the lineup. I suspect something really went wrong with their strategy for this campaign... the rich and willing pay so much more to offset the ADEL R&D costs hmm?
blink.gif

Take things with a grain of salt. I've learned that customer support has no clue what they're talking about half the time. They give you an answer to give you an answer. "I don't expect," should've given that away.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #408 of 9,124
Well in was told by 1964 price of the v line with Adel would go up but they were not sure by how much. That was on the phone aroundntye start of the kick starter launch.

If they do keep their suggested pricing it would make the universal with Adel about $100 more than the custom equivalent without Adel. So I could see the updated custom VLine going for $100 over that or a $200 price increase over what they have now.

Keep in mind they are trying to grow, more hands in the profit pot. I have no idea how they split profits but 1964 will not keep the whole profit per sale any more or that cost might rise but profit that 1964 takes might not too much.

They can charge whatever they want we can buy or not, however. With such a shakeup in pricing, lofty claims they better work towards giving value (quality) worth the increase in end price and my goodness would I be upset if the kick starter price turn out to be closer to 10% off rather than 40%.

I had a heck of a time with heir audio and their 4 times a year super sales, I felt that devalued the product to the point my $1500 8.A (custom art included) was 30% overcharged.

Sales cool but recommending a price that is artrtificially high well if they do that I will turn of 2x the sales that I am pushing towards them now and try to get a refund even if only to prove my experience with their pricing to be something to really taken into account.

I hope of course they are better than this or at least hire someone who will do the PR/sales right ... It can be done well. They have managed to do it well so far but they were working alone and needed customers to consider them seriously. I hope they do not squander what they have build up.

+1 to past few comments, 1964 rep get over here. MAKE us all comfy so we can all buy our A12's etc and I can get back to getting my friends to buy em.... Really have been and that is in hold.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #409 of 9,124

blink.gif

Yeah, I would be angry if I had to pay $1,200 for the A12, only to have it sound like a slightly refined V8.

They can charge whatever they want we can buy or not, however. With such a shakeup in pricing, lofty claims they better work towards giving value (quality) worth the increase in end price and my goodness would I be upset if the kick starter price turn out to be closer to 10% off rather than 40%.

Somehow, I get this feeling that the actual MSRP is way inflated for the purposes of flashing a bigger discount on the Kickstarter campaign. I hope this is not true of course, but looking at the pricing difference, I can't help but wonder.

After all, the difference between the A10 and the U8 (2 drivers) is $900 but the difference between the A12 and the A10 (another 2 drivers) is just $200. Go figure.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #410 of 9,124
Or maybe the A10/A12 was made by the person who created ADEL and he didn't want competitive pricing like the V series.

I heard there will be demo units for the press coming soon? Looking forward to reading some reviews.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #411 of 9,124
I cant imagine them inflating the prices just to make the sales look more attractive. 1964 has a reputation here and losing the trust of headfi members could mean the loss of quite a large pool of potential customers

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #412 of 9,124
I cant imagine them inflating the prices just to make the sales look more attractive. 1964 has a reputation here and losing the trust of headfi members could mean the loss of quite a large pool of potential customers

I agree - 1964 Ears has a solid reputation thus far, and their V-series customs are pretty darn good. Like you, I hope that a decent reason exists to explain the high MSRPs on the A10/12.

Anyway, it'll be nice to have some impressions soon. It'll help clear a lot of doubts and settle some nerves, I reckon.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #413 of 9,124
Or maybe the A10/A12 was made by the person who created ADEL and he didn't want competitive pricing like the V series.

I heard there will be demo units for the press coming soon? Looking forward to reading some reviews.

They need to make demo units available to those that can get to Portland, I would make a day trip there to try them out! Others even live there.

I will hassle them about that. If they have units to send out they can keep a set of each on hand for visitors.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #414 of 9,124

Enough examples of reputable companies screwing up their reputable reputation by doing something stupid :) All it takes is one mistake and it'll be hard for them to recover after that. I'm not saying that's what's happening right now, but it's happened with other companies before and it will happen with other companies again in the future. For all you know they hired some lame ass consultant who told them that might be a good idea. And we all know that consultants are full of ****, as they can't really be held accountable for their 'advice'. They receive their fee and then they're outta there.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #415 of 9,124
I've pledged for an A4.  I'm hoping the new technology is real and that the product will deliver what it claims.  I'd like to pledge higher but I can't bring myself to do it.  I got burnt in the past on Unique Melody's 3DD (money straight into the toilet) and that very much limits my appetite for risk in the C/IEM world.

For me the most appealing listed sound signature is the U6's but I'd want it in custom form as I've found CIEMs to be infinitely more comfortable than their universal equivalents.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #418 of 9,124
Seems like i'm the only one which is looking for the cheapest of them. Those headphones are way too expensive for a student like me :D but i think those ADEL Control in-ears with the rotatable plate have a quiet interesting design and there seem to be a way to change the bass and ambiance....

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #419 of 9,124
Seems like i'm the only one which is looking for the cheapest of them. Those headphones are way too expensive for a student like me :D but i think those ADEL Control in-ears with the rotatable plate have a quiet interesting design and there seem to be a way to change the bass and ambiance....

What do you mean by you're the only one? There are 145 other backers. Or are you that person who paid $150 when there's still the $100 early bird special?

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #420 of 9,124
?What happened to your 3dd if I may ask?

It sits in a drawer.  After waiting ages for it and becoming increasingly frustrated with Unique Melody's many excuses (and lies) as to why I hadn't received it, the CIEM eventually arrived at my address.  It didn't take long to learn that the sound quality was not commensurate with the price; you could match it with a $60 IEM.

I've learned that when ordering CIEMs customer service is vital.  I can personally recommend the Custom Art, JH Audio and Clear Tune Monitors (Custom Art is most impressive in this area).  I strongly advise against dealing with Unique Melody.

In this case I'm ordering a universal off of Kickstarter, I've never tried this before and it does make me passingly nervous but the technology is interesting and 1964 Ears has an excellent reputation for tuning their CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back