1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #422 of 9,124

It sits in a drawer.  After waiting ages for it and becoming increasingly frustrated with Unique Melody's many excuses (and lies) as to why I hadn't received it, the CIEM eventually arrived at my address.  It didn't take long to learn that the sound quality was not commensurate with the price; you could match it with a $60 IEM.

I've learned that when ordering CIEMs customer service is vital.  I can personally recommend the Custom Art, JH Audio and Clear Tune Monitors (Custom Art is most impressive in this area).  I strongly advise against dealing with Unique Melody.

In this case I'm ordering a universal off of Kickstarter, I've never tried this before and it does make me passingly nervous but the technology is interesting and 1964 Ears has an excellent reputation for tuning their CIEMs.

1964ears also has great customer service. They were a pleasure to deal with when I got the V6S demo, so there's that.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #423 of 9,124
What do you mean by you're the only one? There are 145 other backers. Or are you that person who paid $150 when there's still the $100 early bird special?

It's not like im the only one purchsing it but the fact that this thread is solely disussing about the Ciems, well i wish i could be bothering wether the money is well spent on them or not but without the money.... T--T

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #426 of 9,124
i bought the U4 with the expectation they are similar or slightly better than V3. My Shures 535 dont excite me anymore and based on reviews of V3 I couldnt help myself bought the U4, hopefully it was not a bad desicion.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #427 of 9,124
i bought the U4 with the expectation they are similar or slightly better than V3. My Shures 535 dont excite me anymore and based on reviews of V3 I couldnt help myself bought the U4, hopefully it was not a bad desicion.

Well in theory, as the U4 has four drivers, it should be similar in sound to the Qi... just in case you needed to feel better about the purchase.

In other news, I've decided on the U6 over the U8 due partially to suggestions from sq3rjick (/u/they_have_bagels on Reddit) and the rest of the community. Much excitement!

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #428 of 9,124

Like Talai said, the U4 should be the universal version of the Qi, or with a sound signature similar to it.

Anyway, the Qi is rather different sounding from the V3. From memory, the V3 has a more balanced sound, with slightly boosted bass and smooth treble. The Qi had a darker tonality with a sizeable mid-bass hump. Between the 2, I actually prefer the V3.

Still, the capabilities and sound signatures of the various ADEL IEMs are moot points at this time.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #433 of 9,124
It seems the acceleration on the kick starter page has started to slooooow. Although it has broken through funding and the first stretch goal for the active cable.
I'm not sure if they'll reach the the one for a charcoal shell, it's not all that great a stretch goal, maybe a range of colours would have been better.
I wonder if they'll allow colour customisation of the universals (at a cost) regardless of the stretch goal?

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #434 of 9,124
  It seems the acceleration on the kick starter page has started to slooooow. Although it has broken through funding and the first stretch goal for the active cable.
I'm not sure if they'll reach the the one for a charcoal shell, it's not all that great a stretch goal, maybe a range of colours would have been better.
I wonder if they'll allow colour customisation of the universals (at a cost) regardless of the stretch goal?

Funding has slowed down probably because there aren't that many add-ons available. IEMs don't really fall into the buy two for more uses category either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back