1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 18, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #2,281 of 9,124
As mentioned before I wanted to wait for the manual module for my U1, they responded very quickly and wanted to chat via Skype. Being a non-English native I felt it would be a bit akward for me so I asked them to get back to me by email. They were very friendly, I'm awaiting a written reply, but told them: no rush. I'm sure there are more important matters/questions landing in their inboxes
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #2,282 of 9,124
I do like the red, definitely would have chosen it if I  knew it was going to be translucent. I was going to email them after they made the update about it, but I figured my black weren't going to be too far away so I didn't want to delay it anymore.

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #2,284 of 9,124
It might have been 5 or 6 weeks now since I sent my impressions and now my A12 are finally shipped. You might imagine that I am really excited as they are already scheduled for monday. Any of you knows if FedEx wants the money for customs cash when delivering or if they will send an invoice or anything?

will post some pictures here next week.

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2,289 of 9,124
Now that's all the a12 and a10 users have had awhile to play with are toys and a large group of new users of the universals are getting there's. I'm just woundering what if any cable upgrades or swaps folks have made and why. No need for the conversation to turn in to a debate as to whether or not cable upgrades are just snake oil or the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am simply curious and am thinking about changing to a aftermarket cable my self and just want to get some impressions from anyone that may have done so already.

Sep 20, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #2,291 of 9,124
Thats really unfortunate and i hope they change that policy. I understand they use the same drivers and 3D print everything anyway so why not?

That's my understanding as well. I'm not sure exactly why they won't reshell a U-series, but my guess is that it'll be cheaper for people to buy a U-series and then reshell it to an A-series than buy an A-series straight away. The reshelling is $299 for a V-series and $349 for an A-series. The U6, U8, U10, and U12 are all $400 lower than their A-series counterparts. My guess is that they're just closing a loophole.

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #2,292 of 9,124
That's my understanding as well. I'm not sure exactly why they won't reshell a U-series, but my guess is that it'll be cheaper for people to buy a U-series and then reshell it to an A-series than buy an A-series straight away. The reshelling is $299 for a V-series and $349 for an A-series. The U6, U8, U10, and U12 are all $400 lower than their A-series counterparts. My guess is that they're just closing a loophole.

I'm hoping I can find some good tips for my U8s. Otherwise, I would prefer to pay $400 to make these custom fitted. I know it's a rediculous price for a reshell, but for the fit I would be willing to do it, as I'm not liking the included tips with the U-series.

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #2,294 of 9,124
I'm hoping I can find some good tips for my U8s. Otherwise, I would prefer to pay $400 to make these custom fitted. I know it's a rediculous price for a reshell, but for the fit I would be willing to do it, as I'm not liking the included tips with the U-series.

I've been having trouble with fit for most of my iems. I've discovered the spinfits and it solved a lot of problems for me. V8 universals, senn ie800, jvc fxz-200 etc... You might want to give them a try first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back