1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 15, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #2,252 of 9,124
@Spang-a-lang

I am happy with where the bass is at with the U6. As a whole i would say it sounds balanced with some mid sweetness so female vocals sound a bit forward and sweet. But thats not a bad thing (its my preferred balance).

Having said that it has very impressive low end rumble when called for (eg, massive attack's Angel). I also had no trouble following the bassline on Freddy Freeloader (i used to play bass at a very amateur level in my yoinger days) although the balance is biased towards the piano on the sample track you posted, however I think that was intended in the mix.

I hope that gives you a bit of a reference. I think the U6 is easily one of the if not the best universal I have heard for the described sound presentation and a steal at the KS price IMO. If i wanted a darker warmer sound I would choose the Fitears which I auditioned in Japan but those start at double the price of the U6...

I suspect the 3 driver version (A3) would have a very similar balance to the U6 (1-1-1 config rather than 2-2-2). If you can try the 3 versus the 6 I would recommend going to have a listen and if the difference is marginal, go for the custom A3.

Never heard the V6-S so cant comment but my issue with BA drivers has always been that blocked ears feeling after awhile which fatigues the ear and I have to say I haven't had that so far with the U6 so if you have issues with that so of thing I would definitely give the Adel version a try!

Thanks for sharing! That is a live recording of Freddie Freeloader (Ray Brown Trio - Live At Scullers) so the mix isn't perfect. It's reassuring that you had no problem picking out the bass notes. It's not exactly a make-or-break test recording considering Ray Brown plays loud bass and it's a straight-ahead, medium-tempo trio setting, but reassuring nonetheless! As much as the U6 interests me, I think I will have to go down the custom route here -- if only to satisfy my curiosity on whether or not going custom is really worth it... I would love nothing more than to go compare all of the models, but I live in Canada and I won't be going to the US for another 8-10 months x.x

Thanks again for your help!

If anyone has personal experience with their own custom A3, I'd love to hear from you!

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #2,254 of 9,124
Personally I went the Universal route with the hope of one day reshelling into a custom. Does anyone know how much that would cost with 1964?

im not sure if they do reshell services unless its an RMA issue, fit problem or functionality problem....

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #2,255 of 9,124
I have read otherwise online. I chose 1964 for its reputation of high quality acrylic shells but any other company will do should I choose to go down this route.

Will they discriminate between reshelling a custom or a universal?

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #2,256 of 9,124
Personally I went the Universal route with the hope of one day reshelling into a custom. Does anyone know how much that would cost with 1964?

I have read otherwise online. I chose 1964 for its reputation of high quality acrylic shells but any other company will do should I choose to go down this route.

Will they discriminate between reshelling a custom or a universal?

You won't be able to find any other companies to do a reshell on the Adel series, they are not your typical standard custom IEM. There's the ADEL module tech which i doubt they'll be able to replicate perfectly.

Btw, the reshell for U series to custom A series would probably be more than $300-400. (You pay the difference in pricing between the U and A series) 

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #2,257 of 9,124
Thanks for sharing! That is a live recording of Freddie Freeloader (Ray Brown Trio - Live At Scullers) so the mix isn't perfect. It's reassuring that you had no problem picking out the bass notes. It's not exactly a make-or-break test recording considering Ray Brown plays loud bass and it's a straight-ahead, medium-tempo trio setting, but reassuring nonetheless! As much as the U6 interests me, I think I will have to go down the custom route here -- if only to satisfy my curiosity on whether or not going custom is really worth it... I would love nothing more than to go compare all of the models, but I live in Canada and I won't be going to the US for another 8-10 months x.x

Thanks again for your help!

If anyone has personal experience with their own custom A3, I'd love to hear from you!

If there is any particular track you woukd like me to listen to do let me know :)

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #2,258 of 9,124
You won't be able to find any other companies to do a reshell on the Adel series, they are not your typical standard custom IEM. There's the ADEL module tech which i doubt they'll be able to replicate perfectly.

Btw, the reshell for U series to custom A series would probably be more than $300-400. (You pay the difference in pricing between the U and A series) 

Ahh you are right, I forgot about the ADEL module (how could I ._.)

Logically, $300 would be the reshell cost (to cover up the difference between the two), but I am hoping that when I am ready to go custom the price will have lowered by then. 

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #2,259 of 9,124
If there is any particular track you woukd like me to listen to do let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Much appreciated! Though at this point, until there are more reviews specific to the A3 customs, I think I've gone about as far as I can go short of hearing them for myself. I'll likely make the purchase soon and pray :p

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #2,263 of 9,124
Anyone still have problems paying via paypal? The error on he 1964 page/invoice won't let me proceed and i sent them an email to which I haven't gotten a reply yet.

You must fill out the name address info first on the 1964Ears page before clicking the PayPal payment icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back