1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread
Nov 19, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #136 of 142
Hi guys!

Today, I got this 64 AUDIO A12 with Premium GOLD FacePlates.
This is really awesome IEM, I think.

I have been forgot $2,500 LOL.

For now, please watch an Unboxing video first.

https://youtu.be/l9P_G8u9x14

thank you.
wink.gif

Looks beautiful. Congrats!!

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #138 of 142
Received my a12s about a week ago. I have immediately been trying them on the WA8 and was turned off at first until i went to 2 tubes, much better! My a3s on 3 tube were very good, almost the same as the a12s.  Aside from the WA8 i've found the a12s are much better on my lg v20 than the a3s.

*update: the a12s were a little underwhelming at first but breaking them in really does make a difference, getting much, much better.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #139 of 142
  Received my a12s about a week ago. I have immediately been trying them on the WA8 and was turned off at first until i went to 2 tubes, much better! My a3s on 3 tube were very good, almost the same as the a12s.  Aside from the WA8 i've found the a12s are much better on my lg v20 than the a3s.

*update: the a12s were a little underwhelming at first but breaking them in really does make a difference, getting much, much better.

You need to get used to the recessed treble. I drive my U12 from my LG G5 w/ B&O DAC. I suggest you get an impedence adapter

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #141 of 142
This maybe a bit late. I have the A12 from the kickstarter. It was a big disappointment with the auto module. You have to get the MAM to get the most of it.
I listen to strings and opera most. The sound signature of A12 with the MAM is suitable for classical music: clear, spacious while with enough transparent kick of bass. I do need much bass while high definition of treble for soprano.
Hope it helps.
  Is anyone here a lover of classical music who has sampled the a12's and the Laylas?  For piano with orchestra, I've been quite taken with the Laylas, but don't know how the 1964 product fairs in this circumstance.  I want clarity, detail, and also emotional content.  I'm listening carefully as I am a classical pianist also and am also looking for how notes and rhythm and volume are nuanced by the top performers.  My recordings are ALAC.  I've tried the Layla universals with the CDM and they are beautiful, although without the CDM they are not so great for me.  What's the experience with the A12's and do they require the amping that the Laylas do, and are they as big physically?

Sorry lots of questions, but it is getting to decision time.

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #142 of 142
Is the th most current thread for 64 audio latest IEM? I’m having a hard time deciding which one to choose audio 64 A12 or Ultimate ears UE 18+ Pro..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back