1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #107 of 142
Nope, not that I know of. But there's evidence of the opposite, ADEL tech helps hearing recovery.

The technology makes sense to me.

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #108 of 142

The thing is if you look at their website, one would think they are the second coming. I think the ADEL module is a gimmick. You really need to EQ the hell out these to get any decent sound from them. For example the IE800 destroy these in every way.
When i read your review i thought wow...This is exactly what im finding...An honest review for a change.

So your saying only reviews that agree with your thoughts are "honest"? You of course know that most audio reviews are subjective and vary by personal taste?

A more constructive way to "use" reviews is to read several different pieces from reviewers, do find those that agree with your personal biases and experiences, but to imply that reviews that are not in line with your personal experience are not honest is incorrect and inappropriate.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #109 of 142
For those not following the 64Audio Adel thread - according to the 64Audio website they are no longer using the Adel system. They have Apex now. I've read that the current Adel modules will not be compatible with the socket for Apex for new orders with 64audio. Just an FYI for those who may be doing research on a purchase.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #110 of 142
ADEL technology definitely reduces or removes ear fatigue when listening longer at a stretch. Also the ear pressure is noticeably absent. The ringing sensation is no longer there after using IEMs with ADEL....So these are some of the positive benefits of ADEL or ADEL like technology from my own experience of using them. I've a U12 with S1 and MAM.

U12/A12 benefits a lot from B1 or MAM. S1 might have certain uses in stages with live music or when more isolation is needed. But MAMs make U12/A12 a totally different beast. It comes to life and removes congestion. The sound is more airy and clean. Have to see how the new APEX module from 64audio is going to be. Will it be the same or with new improvements?

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #111 of 142
  ADEL technology definitely reduces or removes ear fatigue when listening longer at a stretch. Also the ear pressure is noticeably absent. The ringing sensation is no longer there after using IEMs with ADEL....So these are some of the positive benefits of ADEL or ADEL like technology from my own experience of using them. I've a U12 with S1 and MAM.

U12/A12 benefits a lot from B1 or MAM. S1 might have certain uses in stages with live music or when more isolation is needed. But MAMs make U12/A12 a totally different beast. It comes to life and removes congestion. The sound is more airy and clean. Have to see how the new APEX module from 64audio is going to be. Will it be the same or with new improvements?

How open do you prefer your MAMS? 1/2 3/4 full.  Looking of a good place to start. My U12's will be here Monday MAMs Tuesday.  Credit card bill soon after 
eek.gif

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #112 of 142

How open do you prefer your MAMS? 1/2 3/4 full.  Looking of a good place to start.

I would suggest start with fully open and slowly work your way towards closed turn by turn. And do it individually for each ear as each of our ear is different. After a few attempts, you'll find your own sweet spot for each ear. It's quite easy and simple.

My U12's will be here Monday MAMs Tuesday.  Credit card bill soon after 
eek.gif

LOL

Edit: My response to the first portion is in bold blue.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #114 of 142
In your personal experience which setting on MAM brings more bass? Fully open (knob fully turned in?) or fully closed?

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #115 of 142
In your personal experience which setting on MAM brings more bass? Fully open (knob fully turned in?) or fully closed?

Fully closed is any other non-adel IEM. To me it is quite dull. Just one or two turns short of fully open makes it more airy and also has good quality and quantity of bass. You also can get the S1 kind of bass but with the added advantage of congestion of sound removed, with better quality of bass than S1 can provide. S1 module is good but at times the bass can seem very aggressive. Most of the times the S1 bass kicks in only when there's bass in the song being played. S1 is not a basshead module. But MAM brings in more refinement to BASS and the overall frequency spectrum and increases the quality.

The S1 setting that can be achieved with the MAM isn't exactly same as having the S1 module. You get good quality and quantity bass when it's present in the song plus the added refinements - removal of veil, the highs shine better and is more airy, congestion is removed.

Hope that gives a good impression of what MAM's sound is about.

EDIT: This is specifically with U12. Your mileage may vary with U!0,U8, U6 and so on.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #116 of 142

tkteo,

I don't have any personal experience with this combo (yet) but from what i've read and my understanding of the technology, fully closed will yield the most bass.  This will be at the expense of soundstage and treble detail. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #117 of 142

tkteo,

I don't have any personal experience with this combo (yet) but from what i've read and my understanding of the technology, fully closed will yield the most bass.  This will be at the expense of soundstage and treble detail. 

I would avoid fully closed and fully open positions. Stay at one or two turns away from those two positions for good results.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #118 of 142

I would avoid fully closed and fully open positions. Stay at one or two turns away from those two positions for good results.

Sorry for being so newbie at this. How much is one or two turns? There are no markings on the knob so I cannot tell what is one entire turn (e.g. "360 degrees") of the knob

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #119 of 142
  Sorry for being so newbie at this. How much is one or two turns? There are no markings on the knob so I cannot tell what is one entire turn (e.g. "360 degrees") of the knob

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Instead of using language of one turn, I think the following would be more clear:
From fully open, turn it towards closed position a small step (keep it really small). Have a listen. Then do another small step of turn. Have a listen. And repeat the process until you hit your sweet spot. This is how I do it. Others might be doing it differently. But this has worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back