($150-$250) Which IEM Is Preferable (Flat Response, or a slight V)
Oct 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #31 of 39
I was very surprised with the performance of the GR07 MKll. They're the best I've personally heard for drums...and they're quite balanced...

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #33 of 39
Random question, what is the M50 of the IEM world?  Doesn't have to do with sound signature, just with popularity and reviews (this will probably not effect my decision as I'm asking this question only because I'm curious).

What is the M50 to you?  I heard one once, thankfully not for long.  To me you're asking for an IEM that sounds like you're in a small shed with a band, the soundstage was that small that it was the only thing that stuck with me regardless of what random people on the internet may say.  You may see some headphones and IEMs that are over-recommended (like the M50) by a very vocal few but you'll never find one that everyone agrees on, so you're right not to let it influence your decision

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #35 of 39
oh, i thought you made a decision....its not realistic that you are going to have to constantly replace the tf10 cable thats crazy. i mean again it depends on how the iems are going used,stored, taken care of ect ect ect. personally i would be more interested in a pair of iem's with a removeable cable, otherwise if any cable issues arise in other  IEM's and you cant replace the cable, you will have to replace the iem and not just the cable. to me thats more of a waste of money.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #36 of 39
What is the M50 to you?  I heard one once, thankfully not for long.  To me you're asking for an IEM that sounds like you're in a small shed with a band, the soundstage was that small that it was the only thing that stuck with me regardless of what random people on the internet may say.  You may see some headphones and IEMs that are over-recommended (like the M50) by a very vocal few but you'll never find one that everyone agrees on, so you're right not to let it influence your decision

Im simply asking what is the most popular best bang for buck iem that exists. The m50 means nothing to me.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #37 of 39
oh, i thought you made a decision....its not realistic that you are going to have to constantly replace the tf10 cable thats crazy. i mean again it depends on how the iems are going used,stored, taken care of ect ect ect. personally i would be more interested in a pair of iem's with a removeable cable, otherwise if any cable issues arise in other  IEM's and you cant replace the cable, you will have to replace the iem and not just the cable. to me thats more of a waste of money.

My thoughts precisely.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #38 of 39
Im simply asking what is the most popular best bang for buck iem that exists. The m50 means nothing to me.

And I'm saying that it doesn't matter if 99 out of 100 people agree that an IEM is good if you agree with the one who goes against the majority
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back