($150-$250) Which IEM Is Preferable (Flat Response, or a slight V)
Oct 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Trunks159

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm trying to get into IEM's since I have a steady closed can (KEF M500), and a steady open can (MDR MA900).  I've heard some people (Head-Fi'ers mainly) say that full sized cans are simply better than IEM's but it seems that I have to try it out myself.  Why can't IEM's beat full sized if humans hear in stereo to begin with?

Anyway, here are the ones that are most recommended:

1. GR07 MKii (can't get the bass edition)
  2. GR01
  3. DBA-02 MK2
  4. TF10

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 39
I gotta say I love my UE700s. They seem to have replaced the TF10s. From what I've read people seem to slightly favor the TF10, but since the UE700 is newer you may have better luck finding a pair. For $150 (I actually got mine on sale for $120) they are pretty impressive. Paired with a $50 Fiio amp and I haven't regretted the purchase one bit.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #8 of 39
My friend paid the full 499 price tag for the tf10s in my country and one side of the wire stopped working within a month

On a more productive note, I'd reccomend the gr07 for a more natural sound sig compared to the other iems in your list and I'll recommend the dba 02 mkII for a flat response

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #9 of 39
I gotta say I love my UE700s. They seem to have replaced the TF10s. From what I've read people seem to slightly favor the TF10, but since the UE700 is newer you may have better luck finding a pair. For $150 (I actually got mine on sale for $120) they are pretty impressive. Paired with a $50 Fiio amp and I haven't regretted the purchase one bit.

Do you have the Logitech version?

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #10 of 39
This is just what I remember from when I read about them about a month ago, so all I remember is the cable eventually breaks.

well without reference to where the breakdown of the cable is happening its hard to tell what your talking about exactly when you say the cable breaks.

but even if it does break its removeable there for you can replace it if it breaks no sweat.

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #12 of 39
Its at the 3.5mm jack The connection between the cable and the plug is weak.

really i wouldnt worry about to be honest replacement cables are cheap, and you can always buy a upgrade grade that is better in quality. i owned the tf10 for a period of time, i was able to get them for 110.00 off here shipped, and it was a superb sounding iem for the money, i dont think you can beat the price for sound quality you get.

again its up to you, if you dont like them you dont have to get them.

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 39
Do you have the Logitech version?

Is there any other version?? I have the 2nd gen of them if that helps... From what I understand the two versions sound the same but have slight aesthetic differences (and the 2nd gen doesn't actually fit Comply tips sadly). I'm not sure I know what you mean by Logitech version. Logitech owns UE but it doesn't say Logitech on the packaging or anything...

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #15 of 39
Is there any other version?? I have the 2nd gen of them if that helps... From what I understand the two versions sound the same but have slight aesthetic differences (and the 2nd gen doesn't actually fit Comply tips sadly). I'm not sure I know what you mean by Logitech version. Logitech owns UE but it doesn't say Logitech on the packaging or anything...

The version of the 700 before Logitech bought UE is alot more sibilant and theres less bass, The Logitech version is more balanced out and is only mildly sibilant. Heres a thread where Joker compares the two. http://www.head-fi.org/t/599247/heads-up-two-versions-of-the-ue700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back