$1000 Beats Chrome anyone?
Apr 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #61 of 125

Quote:
Ebay? lol
Probably the fakes sound better than the original version. 
biggrin.gif

Maybe... 
tongue.gif

You'll be surprised with some of the fakes, especially with the price to quality ratio that Monster doesn't understand.

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #63 of 125

Quote:
"wow, looks so cool." "Oh my god, those are beautiful." We currently live in a world where looks (read superficiality) are more important than quality. It affects most of what people do and where depth of thought, depth of morals is no longer a factor. It is a world where people are not prepared to question the status quo. What our media deliver, we believe. At least on a forum like this we can criticise and challenge but we are in the minority. I see this as an analogy for what is happening today and the best example I can give is the way that Al Gore's "An inconvenient Truth" was accepted with virtually no challenge and is now driving so many of the world's economies. All I can say is keep promoting for quality over looks.

Wow, you got all that from a pair of chrome plated Beats?

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #65 of 125
Apr 26, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #67 of 125
Not to indulge in a tangent, but... "accepted with virtually no challenge"? Ridiculous. Perhaps Al Gore initially escaped scrutiny, but opposing theories cascaded "An Inconvenient Truth" thereafter.
P.S. This evangelical obsession with the integrity/profundity wrought by abstinence of superficiality is (IMHO) a self-defeating pursuit. Regardless, I echo your last sentiment ("keep promoting quality over looks"), though I don't - and won't - chastise those who value looks. Appearance matters - whether you accept that is entirely your decision.

Quote:
"wow, looks so cool." "Oh my god, those are beautiful." We currently live in a world where looks (read superficiality) are more important than quality. It affects most of what people do and where depth of thought, depth of morals is no longer a factor. It is a world where people are not prepared to question the status quo. What our media deliver, we believe. At least on a forum like this we can criticise and challenge but we are in the minority. I see this as an analogy for what is happening today and the best example I can give is the way that Al Gore's "An inconvenient Truth" was accepted with virtually no challenge and is now driving so many of the world's economies. All I can say is keep promoting for quality over looks.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #68 of 125

Quote:
Not to indulge in a tangent, but... "accepted with virtually no challenge"? Ridiculous. Perhaps Al Gore initially escaped scrutiny, but opposing theories cascaded "An Inconvenient Truth" thereafter.
P.S. This evangelical obsession with the integrity/profundity wrought by abstinence of superficiality is (IMHO) a self-defeating pursuit. Regardless, I echo your last sentiment ("keep promoting quality over looks"), though I don't - and won't - chastise those who value looks. Appearance matters - whether you accept that is entirely your decision.

Easy on the purple, you have nothing to prove. It took me a while to get across your eloquence into your point, and it seemed a good one.

May 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #69 of 125
May 3, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #70 of 125
Do take one for the team! I'm sure i ain't alone when i say we would love to see these out and about in the wild! :)

May 4, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #71 of 125

Quote:
Do take one for the team! I'm sure i ain't alone when i say we would love to see these out and about in the wild! :)

i want, but i am not willing to shell out $1000 for them.

May 4, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #73 of 125
hahahahaha, that would be funny....it's just a chrome spray over plastic I'm ventureing to guess.

May 4, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #75 of 125
i recetly tried some beats to, and they sounded so bad, really muddy bass, they are so overpriced. And these, well i doubt anyone with sense will buy these, even at half the price, the SQ just doesnt justify it. I'm staying away from the beats for the rest of my life, and will willingly help anyone who wants to buy them to not buy them. I wouldnt give my money to monster for something this terrible, they must make millions with the beats, just because of the label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back