~$100 IEM: Sunrise SW-Xcape or RE-Zero or ??
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
RE0,A151,or CC51 for a newcomer to IEM's. Which sound signature would you recommend for a newb?

damn not the re0's first. what kind of signature do you normally listen to, current phones?

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #17 of 26
As someone who has been in this search recently I came to the conclusion that as a newbie to IEMs and nice-sounding equipment I'm going with the CC51's.  They seem to be very well reviewed without being 'analytical' which so many audiophile options are.  I think eventually that is a goal, but ears used to normal speakers/headphones won't like that signature at all.  It will feel flat and listless.  So the cc51s seem like a nice balance of fun and well-recognized performance.

Mine arrive on Tuesday, I'll post my thoughts pre and post burn in.

PS is there a good resource for burn in tracks?  Can I jsut play my favorite music on normal listening volume?

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #18 of 26

all that stuff about burn in tracks is bull. just play music at moderate to high volume. and remember, its more about mental than physcial burn in
Quote:
As someone who has been in this search recently I came to the conclusion that as a newbie to IEMs and nice-sounding equipment I'm going with the CC51's.  They seem to be very well reviewed without being 'analytical' which so many audiophile options are.  I think eventually that is a goal, but ears used to normal speakers/headphones won't like that signature at all.  It will feel flat and listless.  So the cc51s seem like a nice balance of fun and well-recognized performance.

Mine arrive on Tuesday, I'll post my thoughts pre and post burn in.

PS is there a good resource for burn in tracks?  Can I jsut play my favorite music on normal listening volume?

Apr 10, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #19 of 26
Well, I've had the CC51's for a week or so. I hate to say it, but I'm not thrilled. They have very crisp mids and they do have some bass if you adjust the EQ, but the main problem I'm having is distortion.  When the volume goes up they don't get expansive - they grumble and get sibilant. 

I didn't do a burn in period, but I've used them about 25 hours or so.  The primary dissapointment are the lows - they sound canned and small.

Is this just a normal artifact of IEMs? Its my first pair and I had high hopes but the sound quality in these is really not exciting.  

Apr 10, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Well, I've had the CC51's for a week or so. I hate to say it, but I'm not thrilled. They have very crisp mids and they do have some bass if you adjust the EQ, but the main problem I'm having is distortion.  When the volume goes up they don't get expansive - they grumble and get sibilant. 

I didn't do a burn in period, but I've used them about 25 hours or so.  The primary dissapointment are the lows - they sound canned and small.

Is this just a normal artifact of IEMs? Its my first pair and I had high hopes but the sound quality in these is really not exciting.  

What's your source?  I don't recall issues w/ the CC51.  No microdriver (CC51, FXC50, etc) IEM gives deep, impactful and rich bass.  It's present to balance out the spectrum but not the focus.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 26
I also recently got a CC51 and am not getting that at all. As I said in another thread they have more bass than my Audio Technica M50(which is known as having great bass). Way bassier than I expected. The lows definitely don't sound canned or small to me. Are you sure you're getting a proper seal?

Quote:

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
I also recently got a CC51 and am not getting that at all. As I said in another thread they have more bass than my Audio Technica M50(which is known as having great bass). Way bassier than I expected. The lows definitely don't sound canned or small to me. Are you sure you're getting a proper seal?

I'm not having issues w/ the CC51 either but more bass than the M50?  That is interesting.

May 1, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #25 of 26

Quote:

yeah, seal must be the problem in his case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back