~$100 IEM: Sunrise SW-Xcape or RE-Zero or ??
Apr 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

TheNewGuy8

Head-Fier
I'm looking for an all-around ~100 IEM that has an even sound without being wimply on the base (meaning, probably RE0's would be too 'balanced' for me).

From what I've read it seems like the SW-Xcapes and the RE-Zero's should be at the top of my list.  

I was going to get the XCapes, but I can only find them from the ebay store that ships from singapore, and shipping is saying it oculd be as long as a month to get them!  I'm not willing to wait that long so unless the seller answers the question I asked with a different estimat eI need to look at something available more locally.

Would folks recommend the RE0s? Or are there others I should look at?

I listen mostly to folk, talk-radio, vocals, indie, etc.  No metal or electronica and rarely some rap.

Thanks

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 26
Interesting.

Would folks reccommend the RE-ZERO, then? The RE0 seem like they'll have too little bass for me.  

the re-zero only has a touch more bass, not really tht different

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 26
Well I read up more on the CC51s and ordered them.  They seem to be a good combo of what I'm looking for.

I'll let you all know what I think of them! My first pair of IEM's, too!

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 26
no. sunrise doesn't produce them anymroe. also, the v2 are subtly different, to one very experienced audiohile it'd be very big, but to more average listeners the difference is minimal

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #12 of 26
ickayR, they are quite different.
A151 are very good, without any magic, good b/a style sound, good for details, good separation and good soundstage. Dark and warm sound, but not boring.
CC51 has a big soundstage with a very good separation, deep and full bass, beautiful mids and highs, little magic in their sound:)
All of them are fun and interesting, very good build quality, very good or one of the best in their price range in all.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
What are the main differences? Am I better off buying the A151 or the CC51?

Yeah, maybe you would prefer the CC51 because the likes of the RE0's might seem a little to analytical/bass light and to massive of a jump at first. What are you listening to now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back