$100 ~ $200 IEM Recomendations
Jul 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:
I dont know much about IEM's, but i'll give you my recommendations:

Philips Fidelio S1 or S2
Marshall Minors
Klipsch s4 or s5
Sony XBA-10, XBA-20, XBA-30 or XBA-40.

Minors are horrible headphones IMO...  At least the originals were, I don't know if there have been any revisions since I heard them. 

For that price range, an RE-400 (warm over neutral sound), Phonak PFE1xx* (adjustable sound -> v-shaped or neutral, expandable to bassy), Shure SE215^ (v-shaped), Monster Gratitude (Warm), ACS T15 (warm over neutral), Nocs NS800 (warm), Apple Dual Driver (warm), MEE A161p (warm), ThinkSound MS01 (bassy), ThinkSound TS02 (v-shaped). 

*safe choice to go, the PFE series can be adjusted using a built-in filter system.
^I haven't personally heard them, just recommendation in the price range as they've been vouched for.

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #17 of 28
Anytime there is a "what should I get under $200" thread in the IEM category, it has to include the GR07 as mentioned a few times in this thread already.  I personally like the small boost to the low end on the Bass Edition, but the MKIIs are absolutely awesome as well if you want a more balanced sound.  I find the GR07 line absolutely awesome in the under 200 price bracket and I've tried damn near all of them (except ironically not the Yamaha that was spoken of last page).

Edit:  I also wouldn't buy any Audeos given the fact that they don't make headphones anymore.  Might be tough for warranty and replacement part options in the future.  Tho ordering GR07s isn't exactly the most convenient either since VSonic is based in Asia.  So yeah, there's that.  :)

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #20 of 28
My vote goes to the RE-400 for its sound, comfort and durability.

It sound was the only factor - TDK BA200. Magical sound, these produce.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Minors are horrible headphones IMO...  At least the originals were, I don't know if there have been any revisions since I heard them. 

For that price range, an RE-400 (warm over neutral sound), Phonak PFE1xx* (adjustable sound -> v-shaped or neutral, expandable to bassy), Shure SE215^ (v-shaped), Monster Gratitude (Warm), ACS T15 (warm over neutral), Nocs NS800 (warm), Apple Dual Driver (warm), MEE A161p (warm), ThinkSound MS01 (bassy), ThinkSound TS02 (v-shaped). 

*safe choice to go, the PFE series can be adjusted using a built-in filter system.
^I haven't personally heard them, just recommendation in the price range as they've been vouched for.

You're right PFE series will be a safe choice, cause the filter change the sound
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Yeah, ive heard the XBA-10's. Ive heard all that i mentioned (except for the Fidelio's nad the XBA-40).

Can you give a review of the XBA-10?

Jul 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #24 of 28
I would like to mention the Rockit R-50 also. Great sound overall! please check out ljokerl's multi IEM review if you havent already. They are meant for over the ear (built in memory wire) and are very light weight. I work outside around the house quite a bit (cut grass, digging, planting, painting, etc...) and they stay put w/out any microphonics.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #28 of 28
My Bose IE2s died, so I need new earbuds, but it's very hard to figure out what would be the best choice for me.
What I'm looking for is nice, clear and balanced sound, as well as a sturdy and comfortable design within or close to the 100-200 price range.

I have yet to find a pair as comfortable as the IE2s, but anything that gets close would be great.

Please move this thread if this isn't the right forum. Thanks.

It's gonna be tough to match the comfort of the Bose, but many of the suggestions will afford better sound quality AND the characteristics you want.

I highly recommend the UE TF10s and the GR07s. Very detailed, fun sound signatures that are in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back