1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Jan 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #677 of 838
jack, can you release a new firmware that can integrate the internal memory and micro sd into 1 big music folder? i think this is quite critical feature..

Quote:
lee730 said:

Also Jack could you change firmware for accessing our music files? Once you start playing music from a specific folder there is no way to go back to select different songs from that same folder. This would greatly improve the UI in my opinion. Instead of having to go back to resources to access songs from that very same folder, or different folders for that matter. This is one area the Hifiman 601 UI is better and I can see this issue easily resolved with a firmware update. Other than that I really don't see any other issues with the UI in general...

this one too..

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #678 of 838
Another suggestions that came to mind was to offer some way to adjust the volume when not in the now playing menu. I've encountered many times where when switching the player on, the volume level stays at whatever setting it was last left at. Hence, there's no way to change the previous volume setting without playing a song first, and sometimes, the song begins playing louder than one would like for it to. I've found that throughout the day, I start listening at very low volumes, and slowly increase the volume over the span of listening. So by the end of it, the last level at which I left the volume at is slightly higher than what I'd like for the starting volume to be. Hope that makes sense. 
redface.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #679 of 838

Quote:
Another suggestions that came to mind was to offer some way to adjust the volume when not in the now playing menu. I've encountered many times where when switching the player on, the volume level stays at whatever setting it was last left at. Hence, there's no way to change the previous volume setting without playing a song first, and sometimes, the song begins playing louder than one would like for it to. I've found that throughout the day, I start listening at very low volumes, and slowly increase the volume over the span of listening. So by the end of it, the last level at which I left the volume at is slightly higher than what I'd like for the starting volume to be. Hope that makes sense. 
redface.gif

even an ipod will require you to go to now playing first to set the volume

a little bit irrational i must say

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #680 of 838

Quote:
Having the center button longer tap take us back one folder instead of all the way to resource management would be great. More taps on the back button in sequence could then get us all the way back to the start screens.

That sounds like a good idea. So one quick tap to reset the song. Two taps to go back a song. And one longer tap or hold to go back one menu (back into the folder list you accessed).

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #681 of 838
Quote:
a little bit irrational i must say

Not in the least. iPod or no iPod, my $20 Clip+ has this feature. Both the Clip+ and Studio have dedicated volume up and down keys, so why not have them function in all menu's, like in the Clip+, and not only in the now playing? Seems practical to me.

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #682 of 838

Quote:
redface.gif

I love low volume listening as well. Problem is if its not in a quite environment I get POD lol. That is one reason why I am looking forward to my Custom TF10s. Just gotta make sure to use it in the appropriate environments (don't wanna die enjoying my passion RFLMAO).

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #683 of 838
Joined the auction, looks like a great little player.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #684 of 838
Quote:
Also Jack could you change firmware for accessing our music files? Once you start playing music from a specific folder there is no way to go back to select different songs from that same folder. This would greatly improve the UI in my opinion. Instead of having to go back to resources to access songs from that very same folder, or different folders for that matter. This is one area the Hifiman 601 UI is better and I can see this issue easily resolved with a firmware update. Other than that I really don't see any other issues with the UI in general...

+2, this is all I want for Christmas (2011)
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #686 of 838

Thank all Headfiers suggestions on the UI, I will forward your opinions to our technical department for reference.

We will be keeping to perfect the UI until it is easy to  operate the player.

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #688 of 838

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. So one quick tap to reset the song. Two taps to go back a song. And one longer tap or hold to go back one menu (back into the folder list you accessed).

Some of the other suggestions I think would only further complicate things; I do like this one though. Good idea! I don't need or want lots of options or to have to do a lot of configuring of settings. It's refreshing IMHO to just put music in it and it works; it just works. Just decide if you want to play through the folder or shuffle the library; that's it. They could have left the EQ presets out if there isn't going to be a manual one (not that it needs it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back