1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Jan 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #706 of 838

Quote:
Me too :D (ROCOO P)
But it's more that I bought it ,still have to pay :p

I think I pretty much paid the MSRP Price.  I emailed Jack because I noticed in the beginning of the thread Studio was mentioned but he advised me it was for the RoCoo and pointed me to the thread for the Studio.  
confused.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #708 of 838

Quote:
Curious to know how it pairs with your EX1000 and IE8. Burtomr found the IE8 to not need EQ at all with the Studio V (no mid bass hump issue). Wonder if that will be the same with your Rocoo P... :p

I did the DHL shipping and he said he will send it out in 3 days.  I should have them next week I assume.  I'll definitely test them out and see.  I noticed that the EX1000 sounds amazing with the RSA SR-71A so I'll compare the two.  

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #709 of 838
I have chosen for Hongkong Post a bit safer, hate to pay 'extra' tax. I'm curious how it sounds and will pair with my Phonaks and Sennheiser IE 80 if they come eventually.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #710 of 838

Quote:
I have chosen for Hongkong Post a bit safer, hate to pay 'extra' tax. I'm curious how it sounds and will pair with my Phonaks and Sennheiser IE 80 if they come eventually.

Looking forward to your impressions between the IE80s and Rocoo P. If the Rocoo P sound anything like the Studio V I think you will be in audio-paradise :)

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #711 of 838
Let's hope so :D

One of the more expensive shops here in The Netherlands have an ETA of 31-1, hopefully my pair comes a bit quicker.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #712 of 838

Quote:
Let's hope so :D

One of the more expensive shops here in The Netherlands have an ETA of 31-1, hopefully my pair comes a bit quicker.

RFLMAO you are sure optimistic as you have the items listed in your inventory and they've yet to arrive :wink:. Well I guess I can't talk I recently returned my IE80s due to false advertising and the price premium I paid for an item with no warranty ($325.00). I just ordered another pair from razordog and got a real reasonable deal and the item has the 2 year warranty included. Basically I'm saving money going the legit route this time around.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #713 of 838
Sorry, Dannybai

We have several promotions at Headfi since last month for we just become a sponsor. So maybe you have the wrong impression with different promotions. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
I think I pretty much paid the MSRP Price.  I emailed Jack because I noticed in the beginning of the thread Studio was mentioned but he advised me it was for the RoCoo and pointed me to the thread for the Studio.  
confused.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #714 of 838

Quote:
Looking forward to your impressions between the IE80s and Rocoo P. If the Rocoo P sound anything like the Studio V I think you will be in audio-paradise :)

Same here but make sure to give it some time before coming to a conclusion. I did my review before waiting long enough (about a full day of use) and had to addendum it.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #715 of 838

Quote:

Same here but make sure to give it some time before coming to a conclusion. I did my review before waiting long enough (about a full day of use) and had to addendum it.

Let's hope that my impressions only get better then :) It will be a few days before I get my second new pair of IE80s (this time with warranty support)...

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #719 of 838
Contrary to Jack's post somewhere in one of these HiSound threads, These players aren't limited to 16/44. I just tried some 16/48 material and it works great and is something I'm extremely happy about as I much prefer 24/96 down converted to 16/48 than I do 16/44 as the interpolation seems to work better with divisibles. It's not that I think there's much/any difference in res here but when down converting it just sounds (works) better with a simple divisible. I'm currently a very happy camper. To repeat:

HiSound RoCoo/Studio are capable of playing 16/48 material.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #720 of 838

Quote:
Contrary to Jack's post somewhere in one of these Hi Sound threads, These players aren't limited to 16/44. I just tried some 16/48 material and it works great and is something I'm extremely happy about as I much prefer 24/96 down converted to 16/48 than I do 16/44 as the interpolation seems to work better with divisible. It's not that I think there's much/any difference in res here but when down converting it just sounds (works) better with a simple divisible. I'm currently a very happy camper. To repeat:

Hi Sound RoCoo/Studio are capable of playing 16/48 material.

Interesting. Not so sure if I'd put on such music anyways but its quite helpful as I do have a few downloads that have been down sampled from 24/96... I must admit this Studio V is getting better. I'm a bit disappointed in the battery life though. It lasted less than 35 hours on constant loop playing flac at volume 10. So either the battery life is significantly compromised with FLAC playback or its hype. Then again I read some reviews with others running the Studio V for about 55 hours on volume 20 with FLAC playback. So I am confused? Does my battery need to be cycled to gain more capacity? I know this was the case with my T51 and Hifiman 601.

Other than this issue I am really starting to love this DAP. I am listening to it as an external amp connected to my DACport LX and WOW. The Vocals are really brought forward and the transparency and separation are amazing on my Open-Back Denon 5000s. No hiss on this can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back