1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Jan 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #647 of 838

Quote:
Drag your music files into the directory of MP3tag lol.

Do I need install MP3 tag in the SD card also or just in my computer. Since I normally play the DAP without connecting to my computer, how can mp3tag control my music files in the SD card? Thanks for your patient explanation.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #648 of 838

you install MP3 tag on your computer as I said in the directions earlier. Then you set up the options as I listed. Then connect your DAP to the computer and edit the files by dragging them into the MP3tag program (you can also do this from your computers hardrive to save time). If you have a card reader that is also another option. But doing the changes from your computers hard drive will be faster. Highlight the files and remove the tags (once you have set up the options as I have described earlier). Then click undo after you have removed the tags and it will restore your tags besides v3.2. But if you are using APE files I'm not sure how this will work. I think APE files don't play very well with the rocoo. So I recommend you change the format to something else and not APE. Try loading your player full of FLAC or high quality MP3 and see if that solves the speed issues. But you still will need to make sure V3.2 tags are removed to play all the files.
Quote:
Do I need install MP3 tag in the SD card also or just in my computer. Since I normally play the DAP without connecting to my computer, how can mp3tag control my music files in the SD card? Thanks for your patient explanation.

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #649 of 838
well, at least we have ONE who knows wats going on...
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

i just hit On....wait.....PLAY watever appears....reach office...BYEBYE.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #650 of 838
I agree, try to convert the APE files to FLAC.

I use the dBpoweramp software to convert APE files/albums to FLAC or any other format aka tagging that will work on the Studio/Rocoo,  this can be fairly easy done by using settings in this converter. 

Again, what Jack somewhat pointed out, APE may not be the best lossless format to use with the Studio/Rocoo. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #651 of 838
Does the conversion of APE to FLAC with dBpoweramp retain the identical sound quality of the original APE files? If so, I'll convert all my APE files to FLAC. By the way, can this software convert many files simultaneously or only convert a single file each time?

Quote:
I agree, try to convert the APE files to FLAC.

I use the dBpoweramp software to convert APE files/albums to FLAC or any other format aka tagging that will work on the Studio/Rocoo,  this can be fairly easy done by using settings in this converter. 

Again, what Jack somewhat pointed out, APE may not be the best lossless format to use with the Studio/Rocoo. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #652 of 838

Quote:
Does the conversion of APE to FLAC with dBpoweramp retain the identical sound quality of the original APE files? If so, I'll convert all my APE files to FLAC. By the way, can this software convert many files simultaneously or only convert a single file each time?

Yep, absolutely,  APE to FLAC: lossless to lossless. My version of  dBpoweramp only converts single file or two at the time, so it does take some time, but to me at least, the quality of conversion etc. is more important than speed.  So I usually let it convert overnight.

If you set it up correctly, dBpoweramp should be able to read the tags and convert to whatever format you prefer, and it should function without any extreme delay etc. on the Studio/Rocoo.  This works for me, but could different for others.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #655 of 838

Quote:
Yep, absolutely,  APE to FLAC: lossless to lossless. My version of  dBpoweramp only converts single file or two at the time, so it does take some time, but to me at least, the quality of conversion etc. is more important than speed.  So I usually let it convert overnight.

If you set it up correctly, dBpoweramp should be able to read the tags and convert to whatever format you prefer, and it should function without any extreme delay etc. on the Studio/Rocoo.  This works for me, but could different for others.

DB is aso great for changing meta data to include track # so that songs appear in album sequence in the HiSounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back