1/4" adapter that screws on
May 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Tacoboy

500+ Head-Fier
.I'm looking for the 3.5mm to 1/4" stereo adapter that screws on, the headphone jack on the cords of my headphones is 3.5mm with the threads for screwing on the 1/4' adapter.

May 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 12
I guess what I'm looking for is a threaded 1/4" adapter, most headphone manufactures sell them, just trying to find the best price , OEM or no name stuff.

Edit: So far I've found the best price is the Shure HPAQA1 at Sweetwater for $3.89

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 12
Can these adapters go bad? I am having a strange problem with the one that came with my DT 880.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Can these adapters go bad? I am having a strange problem with the one that came with my DT 880.

L3000.gif
No... You might need a recable, or the drivers might be going bad, depending on how hard to used them
basshead.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 12
Sony parts has it.  Just about every Sony headphones comes with one so just search MDR-V6 in the search box.

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
L3000.gif
No... You might need a recable, or the drivers might be going bad, depending on how hard to used them
basshead.gif

Positive?
Here's my issue. I run my Beyers with a Crack OTL amp. Last night I lost the left channel on them. So I break out the volt meter and check everything in the amp. It all checks out fine.
I swap input cables around to make sure it's not the source.
I plug my ATH-A700 into the Crack and they work perfectly.
I plug my Beyers into my Topping TP21 via 1/8" and they work perfectly.
I plug my Beyers into my HT receiver via 1/4" adapter and there is very little sound from the left. It's there, but really faint.

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Positive?
Here's my issue. I run my Beyers with a Crack OTL amp. Last night I lost the left channel on them. So I break out the volt meter and check everything in the amp. It all checks out fine.
I swap input cables around to make sure it's not the source.
I plug my ATH-A700 into the Crack and they work perfectly.
I plug my Beyers into my Topping TP21 via 1/8" and they work perfectly.
I plug my Beyers into my HT receiver via 1/4" adapter and there is very little sound from the left. It's there, but really faint.

Yup, i believe the left driver has been blown. Not sure on the headphones, but if their under warranty, it will be free to get a replacement pair

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Yup, i believe the left driver has been blown. Not sure on the headphones, but if their under warranty, it will be free to get a replacement pair

But like I said. I take the 1/4" adapter off and plug them into my Topping TP21 amp with the 1/8" plug and they work perfectly.
I'm just going to order a couple screw down 1/4" adapters. If that don't work I guess I'll be getting a hold of Beyer.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:

I don't see why not... a connector could have broken loose inside, or maybe there's rust/corrosion on the contacts somewhere.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
I don't see why not... a connector could have broken loose inside, or maybe there's rust/corrosion on the contacts somewhere.

I think that's what happened, but I'm not going to fuss with it. Evidently Amazon has a great replacement policy(I just bought these two weeks ago) so I just filed for a replacement. If cifani090 is right I don't want to take a chance with messing around with them. Now I have to wait a couple weeks until the new ones arrive. I'm going to miss them.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back