$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Aug 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #181 of 320
ChopChop, there is the Shockwave 3 reviews. They are expensive though lol. I'll try and knockout a FengYin/Maple review soon, maybe even today. I along with quite a few others enjoy them for what they are. I believe one or two members said they lacked bass, not sure if QC issue which MM isn't known for OR just preference. I know what big bass IEMs sound like and what flat ones sound like, these are north of the middle but aren't over the top.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #182 of 320
Hi guys , my joyroom e107 are dead and i want to buy a new pair under 10$ to use at phone ,pc , for hip-hop/rap. Any recomandations? 

QKZ W1 Pro? I haven't heard them but have read some good things. Ones I have are the Letv Reverse and ED9. Both are good performers, the Reverse bring darker but good details and the 9 being more bassy with a bit more clarity

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #184 of 320
MusicMaker TW1 is a good iem. With the right amping, it shines

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #185 of 320
  From the audiobudget review I got the impression that the VJJB was the one that had more bass thump.
On what tips did you get the best sound from the VJJB ?
I am not very worried about design, over the ear is out of the question for me, but I can live with wooden earphones.
The problem with musicmaker for me is that there are almost no reviews about their earphones, I am only aware of the tw1 review.
I'm probably going to try some musicmakers when they get more reviews, that way I can be sure of what I'm buying.

VJJB k4 with the original foam tips, good quality ones, take a little bit of the extra-bass thump and evens the sound. Maybe because of that the DZAT sound more bassy to me. 

If you want bassy bass there are other set of woodies (which you don't like) that I received yesterday and been listening to, that have lots of bass and subbass. The KZ ED7. Quality/price ratio very high. 

But like I said, I believe the ED9 are the ones to go. Just read some reviews about the 2 main sound signatures they have and one or other mod that can make them sound differently. 

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #186 of 320
@ChopChop, there is the Shockwave 3 reviews. They are expensive though lol. I'll try and knockout a FengYin/Maple review soon, maybe even today. I along with quite a few others enjoy them for what they are. I believe one or two members said they lacked bass, not sure if QC issue which MM isn't known for OR just preference. I know what big bass IEMs sound like and what flat ones sound like, these are north of the middle but aren't over the top.

You've owned the vjjb k4, how do the maple compare to them ?  
I am also considering the KK-Ting since carltonh says they are good and have a nice bass but right now I think I am leaning more towards the DZAT.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #187 of 320
You've owned the vjjb k4, how do the maple compare to them ?  
I am also considering the KK-Ting since carltonh
 says they are good and have a nice bass but right now I think I am leaning more towards the DZAT.

Sound wise the FengYin (not allowed to say Maple bc the banned seller sells them under that name) has more rumble and is more energetic though it's not bright. K4 as I remember are a bit darker

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #189 of 320
VJJB k4 with the original foam tips, good quality ones, take a little bit of the extra-bass thump and evens the sound. Maybe because of that the DZAT sound more bassy to me. 

If you want bassy bass there are other set of woodies (which you don't like) that I received yesterday and been listening to, that have lots of bass and subbass. The KZ ED7. Quality/price ratio very high. 

But like I said, I believe the ED9 are the ones to go. Just read some reviews about the 2 main sound signatures they have and one or other mod that can make them sound differently. 

From what I read around head fi and other forums it seems the majority prefer the hybrid over the ed9 even TwinACStacks who is a known fan of the kz earphones ranks them above the ed9.

What are these mods you talk about ?

Aug 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #191 of 320
Of what you have listed I myself would 123, ATR/ED9 and then thr W-1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I see some chatter on KKTing which are kiiller iem's which got thrown in my package with D2's when I overpaid for mine (pulled that trigger too fast:smirk:), seller put them in to make up yhe difference and I still feel I got the better end of that deal for $158:smiley:

Also saw some VJJB talk, my 15 year old som is starting to get it (some things really do sound better than others)! I recently put 3-4 pair of budgets in their gaming cabinet and he tells me he likes the sound if the VJJB V1 more than the A&D D2 but when he said he wanted to run in the I said why not use the sweat proof D2 fir running and the V1's when in the house. Problem solved and he gets 2 nice iem's:smile:

Guess my whole point was how we all hear them differently but that how we use them can dictate a lot as well:thumbsup:

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #193 of 320
I will order on aliexpress. How comfortable are ATR? If there are other headphones to better than atr , at $10 , not hesitate to tell me. For me first is comfort ,  the second sound (I like more bass and sound undried)

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #194 of 320
Well this for me is easy ChopChop, I do prefer the KKTing over the others:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now for the ATR it's hard to say because it's still pretty much the ATE shell design and many just never could get a great fit with them, also as I've stated before I like the ZS3 over the ATR. Keep in mind though if you like a lot of bass the ZS1 & 2 have more than ZS3. Like the ATR the ZS3 is a refinement of the ZS range. Still good bad but no longer the lead in the SS IMHO:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back