$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Aug 31, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #197 of 320
  VJJB k4 with the original foam tips, good quality ones, take a little bit of the extra-bass thump and evens the sound. Maybe because of that the DZAT sound more bassy to me. 

If you want bassy bass there are other set of woodies (which you don't like) that I received yesterday and been listening to, that have lots of bass and subbass. The KZ ED7. Quality/price ratio very high. 

But like I said, I believe the ED9 are the ones to go. Just read some reviews about the 2 main sound signatures they have and one or other mod that can make them sound differently. 

my thoughts at large:
1. i agree that the kz ed9 is the holy grail of $10 iems, altho scrambler and others very credibly tout the ed10, atr and others. in any event kz really does rule this segment of the roost.
2. that said, everyone except raging bassheads should also own the jr e107.
3. moving up, i prefer the dzat df10 to the vjjb k4, which can sound a little dark and over-warm.
4. i do like the tenmakks (altho the pros and pianos are now priced closer to $30), however the vivo xe800 is the best iem you can get for around $20

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #198 of 320

my thoughts at large:
1. i agree that the kz ed9 is the holy grail of $10 iems, altho scrambler and others very credibly tout the ed10, atr and others. in any event kz really does rule this segment of the roost.
3. moving up, i prefer the dzat df10 to the vjjb k4, which can sound a little dark and over-warm.
4. i do like the tenmakks (altho the pros and pianos are now priced closer to $30), however the vivo xe800 is the best iem you can get for around $20

The Piano is better than the Pro imo. Pro lacks the details.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #200 of 320
@crabdog has spoken! it is good to hear your final opinion :smiley:

i swapped my pros for the piano with another member and right now slightly prefer the pianos (tho i've vacillated back and forth). the pianos are brighter, with more treble emphasis (which could be heard as more highend detail) than the more balanced "audiophile" tuned pros--fans of a warmer signature will prefer the pros. my main thing is the bass on the pianos seems a little better controlled, altho the cheaper dulcimer has tighter bass than either....

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #201 of 320
I prefer the ATE over the ED9. It's more balanced and had more clarity to my ears, ED9 bass can be a bit much at times

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #203 of 320

my thoughts at large:

Where did you see the xe800 for 20 dollars ?
I ended up ordering the kk-ting, thanks everyone for the help 
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #206 of 320
Agree with the comments about the KZ ATR it's a great IEM for very little money.

My favourites, in order of preference and staying under the $25 mark: -

* Sendiy M1 = Mannhas E170

I can't split these two, the M1 used to be only available from the seller who can't be named but Sendiy now have their own store on Ali now. I think the Mannhas were rebranded as the Fanmusic E6 and the price trebled for the US market. Search these out on Ali they are great IEMs.

* Joyroom E107
I love the vocal presentation on these they're awesome, the best aspect for me is the fit though their low weight and tiny size means I forget they on my ears.

I'd also give the Superlux 381 series and Inping H60 an honourable mention for their balanced presentation. Most of my other favourites fall into the next price band up, Macaw, **** and 1More being my picks of decent brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back