09' M50.. Reincarnated..The Kicker HP541??!!!... A headfi first Duo take...
Sep 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #136 of 150
Just had to add some photos and quick review of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pads on the Kicker HP541.  The bass is tightened up, mids remain the same, highs a tad brighter.  Plus with all the comfort benefits of having velours = win.  Installation was easy as pie, I had no trouble at all getting them on.

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #139 of 150
DT250 Pads kill the sound for me on the M50. Less bass, messy highs, less seperation/soundstage, but the coloration is interesting. With the Kicker theres practically no difference in sound, provided you use the filter, just comfort changes. What sucks is that the left driver came desoldered so I'll have to make a trip to the Shack tomorrow.

May 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #141 of 150
These for $20 is a great deal and is what most are buying. I had the kickers way before the MP rebrands came out. I still listen to them once in a while. Great headphones for the price. Never really caught on too much with headfiers as there is a more superior product for the cash. 

The HTF600.

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #145 of 150
The monoprices have better build but the panasonics actually have the better overall sound. I like em both. I hear guys are modding the heck out of the Monoprices now. I can't think of a better headphone to modify actually,.

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #146 of 150
Are the cups easy to remove? I'll be honest and say I really like the looks of the 8323s, more than the Panasonics. 
biggrin.gif

Also, black/dark grey is a great base colour to paint on... for the ones who are interested.
If the cups are easily removable, it'd be nice to paint them in... Ferrari red. And the cup's shape would accept most logos, I think.

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #148 of 150
Quote:
The monoprices have better build but the panasonics actually have the better overall sound. I like em both. I hear guys are modding the heck out of the Monoprices now. I can't think of a better headphone to modify actually,.

It's been a while since I heard my HTF600s. The build quality on them is so, so bad. My left driver pops in and out of its correct form with the slightest bit of pressure (such as putting the headphone on). Doesn't matter how good they sound if they fall apart so easily.

Since I can't do a side by side comparison, I can't say which is better sonically. They're both great for the price. The Monoprice responds super well to simple mods, though. I slapped some FA-003/HM5 pads on mine and did some internal damping on them (Dynamat with adhesive foam on top, cups stuffed with acoustic stuffing, and a couple others things here and there). I am quite enjoying them! Full details are in one of the Monoprice 8323 mod threads.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #150 of 150
Monoprice is having a sale, the 8323s are under $20 right now, so grabbing a pair, and ordered the headband and
DT 235 velour pads on amazon. I'll give them some time before doing anything more serious, I just want something
less analytical and more bassy than my 380s for the moment ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back