「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #52,321 of 177,744
One of. 

Monarchy does not mean bad system. 

TL;DR

My point was that the Dutch political system is one that isn't failing as badly as others in modern times.

The American system for example sucks balls. A two party system does not allow for radical or controversial views to be included in party plans. It creates a situation were 50% of the people can hate the guts of the current government, and is therefore not a good representation of the people. The average civilian has a very limited choice on the actions of the government, since he can only choose between two views he will both not completely agree with, instead of having at least one party which he agrees on to a much larger extent.

Then again the Dutch system has numerous disadvantages as well. Taking decisions can take a lot of time, and sometimes a coalition does not agree on a certain point and the government will fall requiring reelections. In the Netherlands it has been quite some time since the government ran a full 4 year term. Another disadvantage is that radical bills still don't pass, since they have to be approved by the first chamber, which may have different political views than the second chamber (for which there are elections). Finally, there isn't optimal cooperation between a national and regional political level, creating inefficiency and odd budget allocations.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #52,322 of 177,744
Quote:
TL;DR

My point was that the Dutch political system is one that isn't failing as badly as others in modern times.

The American system for example sucks balls. A two party system does not allow for radical or controversial views to be included in party plans. It creates a situation were 50% of the people can hate the guts of the current government, and is therefore not a good representation of the people. The average civilian has a very limited choice on the actions of the government, since he can only choose between two views he will both not completely agree with, instead of having at least one party which he agrees on to a much larger extent.

Then again the Dutch system has numerous disadvantages as well. Taking decisions can take a lot of time, and sometimes a coalition does not agree on a certain point and the government will fall requiring reelections. In the Netherlands it has been quite some time since the government ran a full 4 year term. Another disadvantage is that radical bills still don't pass, since they have to be approved by the first chamber, which may have different political views than the second chamber (for which there are elections). Finally, there isn't optimal cooperation between a national and regional political level, creating inefficiency and odd budget allocations.

And my long post explains why it wasn't and the implications of an absolute rulling system.

The founding fathers of America thought the same thing. If there was more than 1 party in control, then the party would rather fight for votes rather than doing what is best for the country.

What you described happens to nearly all governments. America's, China's, Russia's, U.K's, etc etc.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #52,323 of 177,744
I'm enjoying some subtle parts of Tamako Market

1. Similar and not multi haired
  2. Very very good animation quality
  3. Good character design(copy and paste, but whatever)
  4. BG music
  5. Comedy
  6. Innocent play
  7. the ED song

yeah, the ED song is quite nice.

Maybe the people at KyoAni are music lovers with IEM's or something.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #52,326 of 177,744
Quote:

You need to do a trace on the picture to vectorize it.
He said the gradients turned out horrible

OMG! So cute!
Is that the same VA as mayushii in S;G?

Aiite x_X
Will try to do that if even possible. The pictures I am using are, as you saw it (I posted them previously) sort of like painting style, so there's a lot of loss of definite lines in the character outlines :S

Yup! Diabeetus.

Quote:
No I never did it, but I did some images.
gradient does not work.

It didn't look that bad on the picture of the tree + city behind it. Not as much contrast but yeah.

Quote:
I think that Love Live ep 3's idol song they sang was pretty good. Can't wait for the OST for it :)

I find the song kinda meh. But most of all I get the hinamizawa virus when I hear that girl in green. *scratches neck*

Quote:
Despite having the least bad political system in the world*, we still have a monarchy.
rolleyes.gif

* A political system consisting of multiple parties which form a coalition to get majority in the government.

I'd take a good monarchy over bad democracy any day :S
But interesting change of ruling hands there.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #52,327 of 177,744
Quote:

I find the song kinda meh. But most of all I get the hinamizawa virus when I hear that girl in green. *scratches neck*

Idon't like her voice either -_-

Same. I would take a good one party system with huge political power over most democracy's in the world. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #52,331 of 177,744
Debating on watching Vividred Operation.

Oh my god all the transformation scenes! Hrrrrrrrggg!!!

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #52,335 of 177,744
I decided not to watch it after our members that did were making fun of how bad it was.

Hmm, going with the flock now are we? Thats okay, I guess I won't watch it either. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back