「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #52,306 of 177,745
Wow.... Out of the 23 new posts over the past 8 hours, there is nothing to quote. >_<
What is this thread coming to???? Lol

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #52,312 of 177,745
I think that Love Live ep 3's idol song they sang was pretty good. Can't wait for the OST for it :)

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #52,313 of 177,745
Today the Queen stated that she will step down from her position on the 30th of April, this year. Her replacement shall be her eldest son, Prince of Orange Willem-Alexander. It shall be the first occasion in 123 years that the Netherlands will be reigned by a king.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #52,314 of 177,745
Quote:
Today the Queen stated that she will step down from her position on the 30th of April, this year. Her replacement shall be her eldest son, Prince of Orange Willem-Alexander. It shall be the first occasion in 123 years that the Netherlands will be reigned by a king.

I was about to ask how the hell I don't know about this. That Yahoo or Google or Facebook didn't alert me that the Queen was stepping down.

then I realized that I was hit by the American Syndrome. Where only the crap that American media shows is important.

In America. Queen = Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom.

Anyway, great for you guys! It will be a real treat once a King of England comes on board.

The Netherlands was a loose federation of states in its history and after the Spanish Habsubrug wars, The Netherlands would never be the same again.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #52,316 of 177,745
I was about to ask how the hell I don't know about this. That Yahoo or Google or Facebook didn't alert me that the Queen was stepping down.

then I realized that I was hit by the American Syndrome. Where only the crap that American media shows is important.

In America. Queen = Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom.

Anyway, great for you guys! It will be a real treat once a King of England comes on board.

The Netherlands was a loose federation of states in its history and after the Spanish Habsubrug wars, The Netherlands would never be the same again.

I could have said "Koningin" instead of 'Queen', but that would be even more confusing.

Well, it was international news when there was an assassination attempt on the Dutch Queen, so it's not like people don't care about her outside of the Netherlands.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #52,317 of 177,745
Quote:
I could have said "Koningin" instead of 'Queen', but that would be even more confusing.

Well, it was international news when there was an assassination attempt on the Dutch Queen, so it's not like people don't care about her outside of the Netherlands.

It's news, of course it matters!! :)

I was surprised you guys have a queen. At the current point in our European history class (1720-1740), you guys are a just recently re unified loose confederation of principalities ruled by the merchant semi noble class. But I guess that will change.

It is near impossible to watch Tamako Market with IEM's. They break seal too often when I laugh my arse off.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #52,318 of 177,745
It's news, of course it matters!! :)

I was surprised you guys have a queen. At the current point in our European history class (1720-1740), you guys are a just recently re unified loose confederation of principalities ruled by the merchant semi noble class. But I guess that will change.

Despite having the least bad political system in the world*, we still have a monarchy. :rolleyes:

[rule]* A political system consisting of multiple parties which form a coalition to get majority in the government.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #52,320 of 177,745
Quote:
Despite having the least bad political system in the world*, we still have a monarchy.
rolleyes.gif

A political system consisting of multiple parties which form a coalition to get majority in the government.

One of. 

Monarchy does not mean bad system. 

It was due to kings, nobles and an organized system that the world could even advance to the age we are now. King's and their wars over land. Feudalist systems of peasants working the land and for a lord. 

And king's to direct and gain the faith of the people. 

Despite what most normal people thought. There was little to no such thing as nationalism or professional always standing armies before the 16th century. Nationalism was a trait that started up with one of the 16th century English to French wars where the English were able to gain nationalism from its people. 

Most head of monarchial states in today's system do not have much power in doing all they want. The most popular exception is the Kingdom of Thailand and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Both of which are still heavily ruled by rulers. Both are huge U.S allies. But a trait of them is that not only are they both allies of the west, but are also very intuned as allies of their own region.

Thailand with its monarchy is friendly to other monarchy and authoritarian regimes to the region and China while having power in the region. Saudi Arabia is a huge ally of the U.S but has many different views from them while still being a leader in the Arab area(many of which are anti U.S)

And thus it should be seen that Monarchs do not equal a bad government or country but is just another form of government. One who has died out much over the last few decades and centuries. Authoritarian rule however has also been good for the world in many cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back