「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #52,336 of 177,745
Quote:
Hmm, going with the flock now are we? Thats okay, I guess I won't watch it either.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, it never interested me heavily.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #52,337 of 177,745
I prefer in order:

4ai
Tzar 90
3ai
Tzar 350

Impressions and pics of the following IEMs:

Got the Heirs in now

These include:
Heir Audio 4ai
Heir Audio 3ai
Heir Audio Tzar 90
Heir Audio Tzar 350

3 of them have the Magnus 1 cable(all except the 3ai) and there is also an extra reg cable for some reason.

I prefer in order:
4ai
Tzar90
Heir 3ai
Tzar 350

I found that Heir has a problem(maybe) with bassy IEM's? The sound of the 350's is extremely weird. The vocals are pulled forward and it acts like an IEM (the others have a large soundstage and seperation) but its way too forward and while there is nothing wrong with the indivudual qualities (good bass, forward clear vocals, nice smooth highs). The 350's just don't sound good to my ears. I've tried 4-5 tips. 

3ai was good. The V shaped sound isn't exactly what I was looking for either. I feel like their mark was just missed. The vocals are pulled back with a bright upper mid and highs. This is a pro and con for some. Cymbals and "hits" are sharp but can be very bright and fatiguing for many. I felt like the sub bass and mid bass, although pronounced, wasn't enough or present enough to actually be a good EDM IEM. The bright upper mids and highs also make some EDM unsuitable. The vocals aren't as smooth as the others.

The Tzar 90 and Heir 4ai are both very similar. The biggest difference would be that the Tzar 90 has less of that soundstage. It is very generally stated. A similar IEM to the 4ai, except without the larger soundstage. The vocals of the 4ai are also smoother. The bass is not accented on these. These are the more neutral IEM's while the 350 and 3ai are the bassier ones. 

Physical ear fatigue however is quite present on every IEM I have tested. This is personal though. The only IEM I would say may actually be fatiguing is the Tzar 350 and the 3ai if you are sensitive to sharp cymbal or upper mid "snaps".

Fulll review to follow in a few weeks.

I would love to continue but full on ear fatigue is setting on now.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #52,338 of 177,745
Wut?
Lol i should start that 
smily_headphones1.gif
 saying that
We got dismissed early today

Indeed :D
glorious person.
Ha!

I'm staying at home today.

Though I'll actually be behind my desk studying from 12 to 9-10. Not sure whether I'm in a better position or not.

usually procrastinate the crap outa myself when I stay home lol
Itterashai~

^how you say welcome back? I thought that meant welcome back, but my mems a bit hazy

kk... I know I've probably bugged that crap out of you guys by now, and I'm sorry :s

I can assume that everyone's keeping the h slots w/ the exception of kalbee who's more than likely to keep his?

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #52,339 of 177,745
Quote:
I prefer in order:

4ai
Tzar 90
3ai
Tzar 350

Got the Heirs in now

These include:
Heir Audio 4ai
Heir Audio 3ai
Heir Audio Tzar 90
Heir Audio Tzar 350

3 of them have the Magnus 1 cable(all except the 3ai) and there is also an extra reg cable for some reason.

I prefer in order:
4ai
Tzar90
Heir 3ai
Tzar 350

I found that Heir has a problem(maybe) with bassy IEM's? The sound of the 350's is extremely weird. The vocals are pulled forward and it acts like an IEM (the others have a large soundstage and seperation) but its way too forward and while there is nothing wrong with the indivudual qualities (good bass, forward clear vocals, nice smooth highs). The 350's just don't sound good to my ears. I've tried 4-5 tips. 

3ai was good. The V shaped sound isn't exactly what I was looking for either. I feel like their mark was just missed. The vocals are pulled back with a bright upper mid and highs. This is a pro and con for some. Cymbals and "hits" are sharp but can be very bright and fatiguing for many. I felt like the sub bass and mid bass, although pronounced, wasn't enough or present enough to actually be a good EDM IEM. The bright upper mids and highs also make some EDM unsuitable. The vocals aren't as smooth as the others.

The Tzar 90 and Heir 4ai are both very similar. The biggest difference would be that the Tzar 90 has less of that soundstage. It is very generally stated. A similar IEM to the 4ai, except without the larger soundstage. The vocals of the 4ai are also smoother. The bass is not accented on these. These are the more neutral IEM's while the 350 and 3ai are the bassier ones. 

Physical ear fatigue however is quite present on every IEM I have tested. This is personal though. The only IEM I would say may actually be fatiguing is the Tzar 350 and the 3ai if you are sensitive to sharp cymbal or upper mid "snaps".

well done panda~

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #52,340 of 177,745
Quote:
I have to say wearing a long skirt is very liberating.

Skirt? You sure you didn't misspell anything there?
Quote:
I may need to change some tips.

I prefer the Tzar 90 to the Tzar 350

But then again, the price difference is very small and each is different while very similar.

Anyway the Tzar 90 is akin to the 4ai in terms of qualities while the Tzar 350 is akin to the Heir 3ai. In terms of VERY VERY general qualities.

Have you tried any tri flange tips?
IME, Tri flanges with a deep insert can shift or get rid of simbilance.
I think that's actually the problem with my GR07s now, the meelec tri flanges get rid of too much treble, to where they don't sound good in drums. Or maybe it's a lack of dynamic range? not sure.
Quote:
I'm enjoying some subtle parts of Tamako Market

1. Similar and not multi haired
  2. Very very good animation quality
  3. Good character design(copy and paste, but whatever)
  4. BG music
  5. Comedy
  6. Innocent play
  7. the ED song

yeah, the ED song is quite nice.

Maybe the people at KyoAni are music lovers with IEM's or something.

Yes, the ED is very good.
Good thing that Kyoani doesn't like changing OPs and EDs halfway through the series..
Quote:
I prefer in order:

4ai
Tzar 90
3ai
Tzar 350

Got the Heirs in now

These include:
Heir Audio 4ai
Heir Audio 3ai
Heir Audio Tzar 90
Heir Audio Tzar 350

I prefer in order:
4ai
Tzar90
Heir 3ai
Tzar 350

Ooh, nice...
So the Dual BA is about as good as the quad BA at the same price? That's what you're saying?
Also, how "balanced" are the 4Ais? Any simbilance on them?

Time to go beech at Newegg about the scratches in my monitor...\
Edit: Fun fun... the monitor I bought has just been discontinued...

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #52,341 of 177,745
Quote:
Indeed :D
glorious person.
usually procrastinate the crap outa myself when I stay home lol
^how you say welcome back? I thought that meant welcome back, but my mems a bit hazy

kk... I know I've probably bugged that crap out of you guys by now, and I'm sorry :s

I can assume that everyone's keeping the h slots w/ the exception of kalbee who's more than likely to keep his?

Numbers is the only one selling

Either you or panthers gets it. Duke it out. He officially said he doens't want it today
Quote:
well done panda~

thanks
Quote:
Skirt? You sure you didn't misspell anything there?
Have you tried any tri flange tips?
IME, Tri flanges with a deep insert can shift or get rid of simbilance.
I think that's actually the problem with my GR07s now, the meelec tri flanges get rid of too much treble, to where they don't sound good in drums. Or maybe it's a lack of dynamic range? not sure.
Yes, the ED is very good.
Good thing that Kyoani doesn't like changing OPs and EDs halfway through the series..
Ooh, nice...
So the Dual BA is about as good as the quad BA at the same price? That's what you're saying?
Also, how "balanced" are the 4Ais? Any simbilance on them?

Time to go beech at Newegg about the scratches in my monitor...\
Edit: Fun fun... the monitor I bought has just been discontinued...

No, its throughout and on most IEM's. It's more prevelant on 3ai though. Every other one has a slight one.

I like their songs.

The Tzar 90 is akin to the Heir 4ai. The Tzar is $370 while the 4ai is $400. So yeah, the BA's as of right now are doing a great job holding up to 4ai's. How compatible they are with other amps and units may be different though due to the different impendence. Those are only impressions. I will do a Tzar 90 vs Heir 4ai tomorrow to see if dual BA is really doing well against Quad BA.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #52,342 of 177,745
A really cool video 1964ears just posted:

The girl at 1:14 and the guy at 4:28 both helped me out when I went down there to demo the 1964-Ds

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #52,346 of 177,745
lol... I'll just wait
LOL. Brother's swim coach for school team said he could take a week off. Girls say no b/c coach already hate him enough.
Only thing I can guess that'll come out summer are Ghilbi films and DxD. 2 Things worth waiting for :) Spring season will also be a blast. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #52,347 of 177,745
Psycho Pass archieved something that happens very very rarely. It made me speechless. In a positive way. Cheesus Christ, this stuff is better than a loooot of big budget movies, I watched in the past few years!
Wow.

Fanboy out.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #52,348 of 177,745
Quote:
lol... I'll just wait
LOL. Brother's swim coach for school team said he could take a week off. Girls say no b/c coach already hate him enough.
Only thing I can guess that'll come out summer are Ghilbi films and DxD. 2 Things worth waiting for :) Spring season will also be a blast. 

hate him?
Quote:
Psycho Pass archieved something that happens very very rarely. It made me speechless. In a positive way. Cheesus Christ, this stuff is better than a loooot of big budget movies, I watched in the past few years!
Wow.

Fanboy out.

Which ep, I have not watched the latest one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back