「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 26, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #173,821 of 177,743
I remember starting Uchouten Kazoku and wondering why Pom PokO was so different, but then I must have forgotten about it somehow. I'm not even sure I went to the end of the first season. and I didn't mark it as dropped or anything so it wasn't because it bored me or anything. I guess I have some homework to ... binge watch.

cov op edit.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #173,822 of 177,743
I remember starting Uchouten Kazoku and wondering why Pom Pok was so different, but then I must have forgotten about it somehow. I'm not even sure I went to the end of the first season. and I didn't mark it as dropped or anything so it wasn't because it bored me or anything. I guess I have some homework to ... binge watch.

Yes everyone must binge Uchouten. Don't get hung up on the whole hot-pot thing, I've seen so many people get hung up on that one piece of the story and call the show bad when that isn't even what the series is about. At. All.

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #173,823 of 177,743
Dug out this from my parents' place. Don't know much about these old school devices but it looks really beautiful in person.

Also quite satisfying to hear all the pieces click when moved in or out of position. No audio unfortunately.

--------------------------------

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #173,826 of 177,743
upload_2017-6-27_16-14-8.gif

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #173,827 of 177,743
Saekano Character Songs in Hi-Resolution sound source out today in Japan and it has all the best song from the character songs for both season of the anime (including 2 latest insert songs by Megumi)
I swear I've never hit the buying button this fast before

N5ZXNMt.png

And this particular Hi-Res version of this album has an average Dynamic Range of 8, which is very impressive, so the quality of this album is no joke

FbiffGm.png

Thank you based Aniplex, thank you based Sony Music Japan
I almost hate you for not releasing Hi-Res gravityWall/shout of Hiroyuki Sawano, but you redeemed your sin with this

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #173,828 of 177,743
DR8 for ani-songs is quite good indeed. That's Aniplex for you though, Sony probably cares juuuust enough to exert a little pressure over that division's quality. It can sell more DAPS and TVs and stuff if they do.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #173,830 of 177,743
Saekano Character Songs in Hi-Resolution sound source out today in Japan and it has all the best song from the character songs for both season of the anime (including 2 latest insert songs by Megumi)
I swear I've never hit the buying button this fast before

N5ZXNMt.png

And this particular Hi-Res version of this album has an average Dynamic Range of 8, which is very impressive, so the quality of this album is no joke

FbiffGm.png

Thank you based Aniplex, thank you based Sony Music Japan
I almost hate you for not releasing Hi-Res gravityWall/shout of Hiroyuki Sawano, but you redeemed your sin with this
Despite of being a Saekano fan, I am more exited for Alice & Zouroku OST (also waiting Shuumatsu OST) >.<

Looping the Sakura Quest singles a lot recently, so nice to have more (K)NoW_NAME stuff to listen poi

DR8 for ani-songs is quite good indeed. That's Aniplex for you though, Sony probably cares juuuust enough to exert a little pressure over that division's quality. It can sell more DAPS and TVs and stuff if they do.
lol and probably that certain headphone that has been the hot topic recently XD

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #173,831 of 177,743
Despite of being a Saekano fan, I am more exited for Alice & Zouroku OST (also waiting Shuumatsu OST) >.<

Looping the Sakura Quest singles a lot recently, so nice to have more (K)NoW_NAME stuff to listen poi

lol and probably that certain headphone that has been the hot topic recently XD

Actually Alice & Zouroku OST is also released the same day as this Saekano Character song lol

bD7sWiM.png

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #173,832 of 177,743
Actually Alice & Zouroku OST is also released the same day as this Saekano Character song lol

bD7sWiM.png
Yeah thats why I mentioned it..

Just noticed Netsuzou Trap is gonna be ~10mins per episode poi :<

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #173,833 of 177,743
Still playing Black Desert Online. What finally sparked a bit of interest out of my boring life as a professional kunoichi fisher is the fact that I got a cute penguin to help me fish!

2017-06-28_247635778.PNG

This game serves as an interesting case study on how such a large game can be so empty, especially when compared with many other lesser games who focused on getting their limited game mechanics right with less bugs. Will try out all the game mechanics just for the sake of learning what to not do when creating a game.

Trying to have fun and make my own stories, which is what I usually do and what the game apparently tried so hard to do, but it's near impossible, with nothing memorable at all. :frowning2: Lots of things to do in game, but every "mini game" they included only makes me wonder: "Am I suppose to be having fun doing this? I'd really rather read my old calculus textbook." The overall design is terrible too. The environment design for cities and towns are not clear or iconic. If you walk a small bit and wait a minute, you'll forget where you came from because every place looks the exact same from every angle, even in small settlements where there are less than 10 buildings. You lose track of the very place you came from a few steps ago because there are no visual cues that hint at what every building is, or their relationship in space with each other. I still have to resort to using the map because I can't find my way around any of the small setup settlements that I've visited over 100 times already. From far, a building can look like a warehouse, a fish market, a storage area, a forge, a bank, etc. Whether it's a large or small settlement, buildings block each other so one can't tell where one is. Contrast that with games like Witcher 3 or Skyrim, where you know where every shop is despite the size and complexity after a few visits. In BDO, I have to walk close enough to see the text on top of the NPC to know what the heck it is, when small design choices can easily solve said issues. It's almost like the game devs never explored the cities they designed to realize how frustrating the place is. Audio design is quite poor too. Many confusing sounds that make me think I did something when I didn't, while not offering me any feedback when something important happened (did I hit? Did I miss? Blocked? Dodged? Knocked down?). At the very least, please don't make that annoying negative "blop" sound used for errors the same exact sound for positive actions like confirmation or receiving money. Is it really that hard to make one more sound???!!

I took a look at some Korean videos of the game. The UI is a lot less claustrophobic for one so who knows. Maybe the guys responsible for Westernization really screwed up badly or something. The music and stupid mini games are the same though. :p

Will try to make this my last rant on BDO. Quite hard to hate games as this is what I study, so I can always find something to appreciate in games from a technical standpoint, even if the game wasn't that enjoyable. However, I can't help but be traumatised by how fundamentally flawed this once highly anticipated game is. Perhaps they had big ideas, and it took them a seriously long time to realise just how little they can accomplish, and they can no longer turn back. However, to have issues in so many aspects, issues that a student studying in any of those fields might not even be accepted in a program if their portfolio showed such things, is totally unacceptable.

Review of BDO: 1/10

A beautiful but empty shell. Good for trailers and screenshots, terrible for everything else.

PS: My penguin is now flying. Lord save me, a flying penguin happily sliding in floating ice in a desert where you are constantly struggling against a heat stroke... 0_0;

2017-06-28_251934134.PNG

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #173,834 of 177,743
Jun 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #173,835 of 177,743
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehringerD

Behringer made a Minimoog clone. It's actually analog and it's only $300!
Pretty impressive even for a company known for selling cheap sh.it that often breaks after a year. On the other hand, they released another, a bit more expensive analog synth recently. Not sure how it was quality-wise.
Wonder if it sounds any similar to the real thing, or any decent at all. I mean, IIRC the recent Moog reissue is $3000 or so.

If I wasn't terrible with anything musical, I would be pretty interested in it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back