「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #172,653 of 177,744
Someone boil a ThinkPad and roast it too.
biggrin.gif

SSD installed!

Dat speed...

3k/1k read write? Why not 8k/11k?

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #172,657 of 177,744
Seiren has been a fairly big dissapointment but at least this Third Arc is picking up. Finally what feels like an Amagami show!

I've been rewatching some past Amagami SS episodes and holy crap. Night and day.....like how do you mess up this formula....seriously

Quote:

Watched Logan, theater had the outfits worn in ghost in the shell movie, it will probably be an awful movie.

I want to support the GITS movie to support future anime movie makes.....bad or not dangit
  Your damn right she is!!

Tomodachi!!! yesss~

My friend say Kato become kind of a haraguro in the later part of the novel.... 
frown.gif

You can kinda already see her being like that in the current anime though. Lots of firey side comments she often makes

u weirdos are still here huh xD

Yep! It's been what? 2 years! Welcome back man

Well... do we have anywhere else to go?

;_;

Real life....but its too cruel there
I'm not here.
large.gif

That's such a cute gif

i listen to everything out of stock iphone earbuds now. are u productive members of society yet. also where's wifey.

I've been fairly down low on the audiophile thing for a while now too...but not as bad as out of stock earphones lol

We need to re-educate you

Added some thermal pads to my XPS 15. Temps dropped dramatically. I actually have more pads coming in but I don't need anymore and they are already shipped so I can't cancel my order? :/

Nier: Automata OST...want want...

Where did you add the thermal pads? And what temps? SSD, CPU, GPU, RAM?

Basically the point is Orga will die and Choco Guy will be the new leader poi

Welp at least this is gonna be interesting to see :p

This isn't confirmed is it?

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #172,658 of 177,744

Seiren has been a fairly big dissapointment but at least this Third Arc is picking up. Finally what feels like an Amagami show!

I've been rewatching some past Amagami SS episodes and holy crap. Night and day.....like how do you mess up this formula....seriously

This isn't confirmed is it?

Yea Kyouko is a nice gurl indeed :D

lol apparently its highly doubtable, just not 100% impossiblu poi though

Welp finally Saenai S2 is going to start in a month, damn it has been looonngggg since the announcement >.<

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #172,659 of 177,744

Where did you add the thermal pads? And what temps? SSD, CPU, GPU, RAM?

The VRM for the CPU is passively cooled, so I slapped some thermal pads onto it. Idle temps dropped from 40s to 30s. Under Valley benchmark, the CPU temp just barely hit 60. I guess because of that, the cooling solution as a whole is less saturated, so the GPU temps also dropped a bit and never reached 70 degrees celsius.

The XPS 15 with the Kaby Lake i5 doesn't get that hot or throttle compared to the higher clocked i7 with HT. However, it is still winter here, I don't have AC where I live so I prefer to have some headroom as I expect temps to increase by 10 degrees C in August. I also undervolted the CPU by 120mV. It can go lower and still be stable in stress tests, but I bumped it up a bit for some extra headroom just in case. The only thing I don't like is the speakers and the web cam. I thought it would be okay watching the reviews, but even reviewers put the camera in an optimal position. When the screen is facing me, the camera on the XPS 15 can see the keyboard due to being so low, and my hand actually blocks a big chunk if I was typing. XD

Audio drivers are replaced by Dolby because the Realtek ones were giving me headaches (and boosting the speakers wayyyy past clipping point). Just need to calibrate my monitor tomorrow and everything will be good. :D

SSDs are doing 3GB/s read speeds now....?
eek.gif

which model is that?

Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB version.

I'm broke so I can't afford moderately decent SSDs like the ones everybody else is posting, but for a guy who's been using a cheap 2.5" HDD on my laptop for 5 years, this is heavenly~ ^_^

My heavily customized Photoshop loads in 2 seconds! In my 7 years of using it, this is a first. \(>v<)/

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #172,660 of 177,744

Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB version.

I'm broke so I can't afford moderately decent SSDs like the ones everybody else is posting, but for a guy who's been using a cheap 2.5" HDD on my laptop for 5 years, this is heavenly~ ^_^

DAFUQ are you talking about man? My $1000 1.2TB intel 750 can't do 3GB/s, that's a damn good SSD you have there!

EDIT:
In case you're talking about the 10+ GB/s benchmark scores people are posting, those are RAM benchmarks not SSDs!

Oh and the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 is just under 1GB/s per lane, you'd need a PCIe x16 slot just to reach those crazy speeds.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #172,661 of 177,744
DAFUQ are you talking about man? My $1000 1.2TB intel 750 can't do 3GB/s, that's a damn good SSD you have there!

EDIT:
In case you're talking about the 10+ GB/s benchmark scores people are posting, those are RAM benchmarks not SSDs!

Oh and the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 is just under 1GB/s per lane, you'd need a PCIe x16 slot just to reach those crazy speeds.

Ah, I misread.

I feel so much stupider and so much better now~ ^_^

Since one was a direct reply to me, I assumed it was also an ssd, just maybe in raid or something. Hmmm. Makes more sense now.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #172,662 of 177,744
  SSDs are doing 3GB/s read speeds now....?
eek.gif

which model is that?

Pretty sure ever since the SM951/950 Pro a lot of M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs have been able to pull 3GB/s-ish read speeds.

960 Pro is pretty amaze. It's better than the 950 Pro (also has a thin copper sticker to prevent throttling and it apparently does work) and it's on par with Apple's in house PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs for the 2016 MacBook Pros (slightly ahead in some cases).

https://www.xyzarena.com/download-fire-emblem-heroes-apk-android-latest-version.html

I manually have to search for and download the APK every update as well.

Also my rng in this game, which is usually garbage in games, is insane. First try on the Princess Banner I pull Lucina Eirika (albeit their rolls suck but I can memory edit their IVs).

EDIT:

Or tons of PCIe x4 SSDs in any RAID that's not RAID 1.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #172,663 of 177,744
  Pretty sure since the SM951/950 Pro a lot of M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs have been able to pull 3GB/s+ read speeds.

Or tons of PCIe x4 SSDs in any RAID that's not RAID 1.

huh, guess I've just been living under a rock for the last few months then.

but that's cheating........ and probably only work with RAID0 because the bottle neck is gonna be the CPU with software RAID.

I could probably get 3+ GB/s using a RAID card with 16x 200MB/s enterprise drives
tongue.gif

Or, if you're into DIY solutions, a custom PCIex16 RAID card powered by an FPGA with 4x M.2 slots.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #172,664 of 177,744
  huh, guess I've just been living under a rock for the last few months then.

but that's cheating........ and probably only work with RAID0 because the bottle neck is gonna be the CPU with software RAID.

I could probably get 3+ GB/s using a RAID card with 16x 200MB/s enterprise drives
tongue.gif

Or, if you're into DIY solutions, a custom PCIex16 RAID card powered by an FPGA with 4x M.2 slots.

I mean the consumer SSD space is kind of quiet now that SSDs are the norm. It's just Samsung running over everybody and everybody else is fighting for the scraps, but the new Phison-based M.2's are pretty interesting because they advertise quite good speeds. We'll see.

I mean, SSDs are just a ton of flash chips in RAID 0 so I don't see how it's cheating tbh.

Also yeah the RAID cards. They're a pretty penny but I guess but whatever.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #172,665 of 177,744
I logged in to my Origin account a few weeks ago to add the free Mass Effect 2.
All the games disappeared.

I checked my order history and saw garbage data for everything except order numbers and the dates being from 2009. I logged in now again, just to check something.

Then I realized.

I actually logged in to my account I used for the Battlefield Heroes beta. I totally forgot I had it. Hell, I registered the Origin account years later thinking somebody snatched my nickname before me. No wonder I had garbage data in my order list - it's all pre-Origin things from a beta of now defunct game. GG me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back