「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 8, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #170,371 of 177,745
  Yes please~

Once I dragged my friend to listen to the HD800 (and a bunch of other ones). His benchmark song on whether or not the headphones are good was Only My Railgun~

Now I use that song to see if anything clips. :p

Well,

#1 Single Sisters' Noise

left              right  Peak value:      over      ---     over
 Avg RMS:        -6.39 dB   ---    -5.64 dB
 DR channel:      4.90 dB   ---     4.25 dB
-----------------------------------------------
 Official DR value:  DR5

Eternal Reality

left              right
 Peak value:      over      ---     over
 Avg RMS:        -5.25 dB   ---    -5.05 dB
 DR channel:      4.15 dB   ---     3.93 dB
 Official DR value:  DR4

Future Gazer

left              right
 Avg RMS:        -6.21 dB   ---    -6.15 dB
 DR channel:      4.19 dB   ---     4.16 dB

LEVEL5 -judgelight-

left              right  Peak value:      over      ---     over
 Avg RMS:        -5.51 dB   ---    -5.41 dB
 DR channel:      3.91 dB   ---     3.85 dB

Horrible DR values for all the Railgun themes so far

As a bonus, no brand girls aka "the song that I use to judge harshness of headphones"

left              right
 Avg RMS:        -4.61 dB   ---    -4.78 dB
 DR channel:      3.62 dB   ---     3.80 dB

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #170,373 of 177,745
I will just wait until the last episode is out. Don't want to wait every week.
frown.gif

Sorry that I'm not familiar with those numbers but may I ask what is that DR rate means? Just the loudness or how good or bad it recorded?

It is more the the difference between the loudest and softest parts of the music

I don't think a low DR is always bad but a high DR typically represents music with more dynamics like Classical or well recorded acoustic etc.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #170,374 of 177,745
I will just wait until the last episode is out. Don't want to wait every week.
frown.gif

Sorry that I'm not familiar with those numbers but may I ask what is that DR rate means? Just the loudness or how good or bad it recorded?

Maybe better that way. Last ep is normally the performance and the animated orchestra heals all wounds.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #170,375 of 177,745

Horrible DR values for all the Railgun anime themes so far

FTFY.

Almost all of the anison waveforms I've seen looks like a fat caterpillar... with a few exceptions.

btw, I test audio rigs with Kancolle OST. The mastering is pretty darn good~
smily_headphones1.gif

I honestly have no idea how a flash game got such good music....

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #170,377 of 177,745
  FTFY.

Almost all of the anison waveforms I've seen looks like a fat caterpillar... with a few exceptions.

btw, I test audio rigs with Kancolle OST. The mastering is pretty darn good~
smily_headphones1.gif

I honestly have no idea how a flash game got such good music....

Well I don't think all of them are that bad...

To me a DR6-7 is considered "okay" LOL

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #170,378 of 177,745

Well I think I should stick to Hitachi/HGST next time since it hadn't failed me before LOL

Better to go with some redundant storage if possible. Every HDD will eventually fail, and at least for me, for the same price as a single 8TB HGST drive I got 3 WD 4TB MyBooks which gives me a little bit of parity even if it's not as reliable in the end. If the one HGST drive fails your files are dead, but at least this way maybe you could recover it.

I actually got capped today for our home internet(slowed to 256kbps but basically unusable), we used up the 1TB quota with only 2 days to go until the next roll-over. Luckily, they allow 3 free top-ups per year. XD

Boy, it was just yesterday our bandwidth limit was 10GB....I remember blowing a quarter of that streaming Love Hina in one night some 12-odd years ago...

Ergh, thanks for reminding me when I get back to the US I'm going to get shafted with a new arbitrary 1TB cap on my internet service thanks to Comcast "starting their testing" on it in our area. Dunno why they suddenly feel like putting a cap on it when their operating costs surely haven't gone up that much, they haven't done anything to improve service quality/speeds in the last few years to warrant the jump in price...

Remember dial-up, where you couldn't even watch videos unless they were like 144x144 and 12fps?

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #170,379 of 177,745
  Better to go with some redundant storage if possible. Every HDD will eventually fail, and at least for me, for the same price as a single 8TB HGST drive I got 3 WD 4TB MyBooks which gives me a little bit of parity even if it's not as reliable in the end. If the one HGST drive fails your files are dead, but at least this way maybe you could recover it.

Ergh, thanks for reminding me when I get back to the US I'm going to get shafted with a new arbitrary 1TB cap on my internet service thanks to Comcast "starting their testing" on it in our area. Dunno why they suddenly feel like putting a cap on it when their operating costs surely haven't gone up that much, they haven't done anything to improve service quality/speeds in the last few years to warrant the jump in price...

Remember dial-up, where you couldn't even watch videos unless they were like 144x144 and 12fps?

Yea I would actually plan for redundant storage with 2 4TB HGST in RAID 0 but right now finances are pretty tight so I have to stick with my HGST for now

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #170,381 of 177,745

Yea I would actually plan for redundant storage with 2 4TB HGST in RAID 0 but right now finances are pretty tight so I have to stick with my HGST for now

I was referring to buying some cheaper drives than HGST ones, like 3 2TB Seagate or WD low-end drives and then putting them together in Raid 5 for some redundancy. Raid 0 has no redundancy and actually doubles the risk of losing your data because you'll lose everything if one of the drives goes out. :p

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #170,382 of 177,745
  I was referring to buying some cheaper drives than HGST ones, like 3 2TB Seagate or WD low-end drives and then putting them together in Raid 5 for some redundancy. Raid 0 has no redundancy and actually doubles the risk of losing your data because you'll lose everything if one of the drives goes out. :p

oops I meant to say RAID 1

I am thinking HGST cause right now the reputation of WD in local hardware forums ain't very good, worse than Seagate in fact

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #170,383 of 177,745

I am thinking HGST cause right now the reputation of WD in local hardware forums ain't very good, worse than Seagate in fact

Could always go with Seagate then I guess. Probably a lot cheaper than HGST per drive if it's like the US market...

Anybody have suggestions for what to get at Comiket 91 this year? Eve and I are going but tbh I have no idea what to get lol

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #170,384 of 177,745

lol, remember the internet noises you hear when you pickup the phone?
I was way too small to know anything about computers back then so that's pretty much all I remember from that era.

parity RAID is not such a good idea with low-end drives because if one drive fails, it will read all data from other drives to rebuild, when that happens, its likely that a 2nd drive will fail...

my two WD greens from 5 years ago are still holding strong :)
been running them in RAID 1 for a long time until recently I switched to btrfs RAID with 5 other random 500G notebook drives.

I've only recently got my first Seagate drive because of bad reputation and WD green is almost always cheaper here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back